+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    At the moment for our state Taiwan is the fastest program but unfortunately also quite expensive as the in-country fees are pretty high and in US dollars.

The least expensive is Thailand as there are no local fees in Thailand, you only have to pay your state assessment fees here in Australia. Plus the travel costs in 4 years or so when you travel to pick up your child.

Other countries are a much longer wait that Thailand or Taiwan. Some states are involved in a special needs trial with China which I understand is the fastest of all, and apparently the children have very minor needs, not the major ones you read about Americans adopting. But only a limited number of states are involved so it wasn't an option for us.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How long did adoption take?

Hi Maddy just wonder where you are at in the process with adoption. We are attending an info session next week on adoption and believe the process is quick here in Asia. We have been living here for almost 2 years so we believe we qualify.
    I am very excited to find out more and hope this path works out for us.
    All the info I read online from couples that have adopted here have managed to do so within 3 months!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Please don't bother with adoption in australia because you will be like my husband and I over 6 years and you'll be living in hope. Look at all the people who have taken matters in their own hands and brought home their child. Please do that and look for the champions who have done that and get help from them. All I know is if you go and live overseas for 2 years and whilst you are there you adopt a child and you can bring them back home with you. If you can afford to do that then get the short cut in life and do that. That is why when you live in Canberra all the you can see lots of families walking around with children from all over the world.......
    Please ask helop from people who car....not from the adoption agency in Australia.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes.....Australi's care factor is to others and not to their own citizen!!! They are happy to use our money to bring in people from all over the world but REFUSE to let us adopt because we have "quotas every year"....where is the "quoto" gone for alllowing illlegal migrants to our shore EVERYDAY !!! We have to lobby the government in this mattwer. The problem is we childless couples are too slack in "campaigning" the government to change the policy. On top of that we have the greenys and the "welfare " mop who think they know better!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    So why don't Aust have these agreement like USA. You know why -USA takes care of their own citizens first unlike Australia. Recently I spoke to an adoption agency and they told me that they can't help me because they can ONLY help US citizens with all their adoption and they mentioned that they have no problem getting children for their adoptive parents. Their don;t have a long waiting list either. They said the whole process only takes them 1 year. Unfortunately she said she can't help Australian and she was kind enough to send me the address of ALL our deptartments that deal with adoption in all the states of Austrlia. .......From what I heard they are all useless.

I wonder why we need all these departments if they can't help us....why are we wasting the tax pauyers money to keep these departments open???? Oh yeah they are there to make our lives miserable by saying that "you are progressing up the ladder".....hmmmmmm that ladder is a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnng way up if you believe them!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah Chuy, I like to know where it takes 1 year as well. I will move there myself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    totally agree, I think this is the best way to get your children .mGo and live for 2 years and bring as many children back as you want!!! What a joke!!! Who can afford to go overseas for 2 years. How are we going to pay our mortages? The govt is forcing us to do this. Why do we have to go that far to have our babes???

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: How long did adoption take?

As sad as it is I agree with you mybabe. We are in a situation where we came to live in Asia for jobs and adoption is a real possibility. I don't understand why the aussie government has all of the restrictions in place as I have spoken to so many people who come from poor countries and the orphans are begging on the streets. I have visited some of these countries and it is terrible to see. Hope some change is imminent and the laws are amended.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi girls,
    My DH & I will be moving to South Korea in 6 months time for 2 years, we had originally thought about International Adoption while Living in Australia but found out the wait is up to 9 years. Sadly I would be to old by then as I am now 42.
    Has anyone any contacts in Australia that could help with Adoption as an Expat?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi!
    Does anyone know where they get the babies for local adoptions? Chelle