+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Lightbulb Any recommendation for Children DVD??

I am so sick of Barney . Could somebody recommend some children DVD pls? I bought teletubbies and sesame st. Hired Wiggle but my son just dont like them as much as Barney. He can finish watching the whole show for Barney, others just 10-20 mins.
    Have been looking at Tweenies, could anyone give me a rating b4 i spend 20 dollar on it and ended up having it stored away somewhr. Cheers!

Janelle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    God I HATE Barney, he drives me nuts!

The Teewnies are good, my boys also liked Thomas the tank, Tractor Tom and The Wombles you can usually find the DVD's for less than $20 in some places.

Good Luck banishing the dreaded purple dinosaur.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tractor Tom is a favourite in our house, as is Bob The Builder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd (who's 1) loves Little Einsteins and so does my neice (who's 5) it's all based around classical music and art and even tho it sounds abit geeky it's really simple and fun for the kids. DD will watch 3 episodes back to back without getting off the couch. The DVDs can be a little hard to find, but I have seen quite a few on ebay.
    You can find out more info about them here. You can play their game on this site with ds and get an idea of wether or not he'd be interested.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How old's your kid? Dd1 has really loved Wallace and Gromit since she was 2.5 (or, as she calls them "Gromit and Gromit's Daddy" ). Big advantage - I can watch them 500 times and not get sick of them too!

We also love VegieTales for a similar reason (I like 'em just as much as she does ) but whether that would work for you depends on your attitude to explicitly religious stuff

Thanks
    Reviews
    New McDonald's Farm is fantastic. It is bright, good storylines and lots of fun. I love watching it too. The songs are great too. It is made in Australia too. Kmart is selling the DVD's for $13

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes. Ds loves New McDonalds farm!! And Hi-5.... and Bob...... and The Wiggles

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to mention he is 1 yr old and never stops til he drops and then he gets up again and then drops finally

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DD owns all the Hi5 dvds and loves them. Then again she has always liked music. i do recommend them though

our little treasures is offline Gorgeous family wonderful friends <3 life!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I think New mcdonalds farm as well as it is very bright and max and milly are made like barney in costume iykwim!!