ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Demeter ! What wonderful news. How long was it from V to VR?? I love hearing success stories, they give me hope and keep me positive.

Dream Girl. I just got AF today, was 2 days late and my body was also playing tricks on me. I have become so hyper aware of every movement in my body, I am concerned I am dreaming up alot of it. This was our first month actively TTC. Yes I am TTC # 1. I just turned 30 last week and DH is 39. He has 2 teenage girls and it has been 11 years since his vasectomy. Seems like we have very similar stories. Just need to remain positive on this wild ride !

Ready for another month ! !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Castle, our stories are so similar! Also on CD 1 today and last month was our first at TTC.

It was 12 years between V to VR for DF and I was so scared it wasn't going to work.

DF's daughter isn't in the picture at the moment however his DS who is 13 is so excited and can't wait to have a little brother or sister. He has just started living with us alternate weeks and keeps talking about his little sister or brother like they are already here :-) it makes me very happy.

Hopefully this is the month for both of us!!!

Where do you live Castle?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to give you reversal girlsAn update and a bit of hope I gave birth to our son 2 weeks ago, so that is #2 for us conceived naturally after DHs reversal ! Our daughter just turned 15 months its a miracle what you can accomplish through modern medicine.Our daughter took 7 months post reversal to conceive, our son literally took 1 try for those that are curious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Stumbleine!! I love hearing stories like that, definitely gives me hope. Thank you for sharing your story :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by raonililyandjudesmum View Post
    My partner has had a vasectomy and is looking at having it reversed, we would like to have a child together... I am just wondering what the success rate is... He had it done about 2 years ago...
    My DP had a vasectomy for 10years after a previous marriage and we got it reversed in Brisbane in 2009 and we had to wait 3months before we could start trying DP then had a a sperm test done before and had a really high count after just 3months, i got pregnant first go in the first month! Our son is now 20months old i would highly recommend a reversal it was a complete success for us

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stumbeline, can I ask what's was the time period between V and VS for your dh? And what were our first SA results like? So great to hear Sucess stories, it's an anxious time !

Dreamgirl, we can go through this together! I am in Brisbane. I have two step daughters 15 and 13. They are very excited, they want a baby sister as they have to small brothers. My husband wants a son. Where did your DH have his vr done?

Big fingers crossed for this month!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow that is fantastic. Congratulations! Will you ttc a second? This will be 2nd month ttc. Love Sucess stories like yours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Motherwillbe View Post
    Hi there

My DH had v at 44, he had reversal when we met at age 53 and it was a great success! He had to have a week off work but didnt even need painkillers after. Sperm returned to a normal level and no issues with antibodies.

If u r keen to look into it more I can highly recommend our dr. He has a great success rate and people come and see him even from overseas.
    Hi motherwillbe! Have you had any luck ttc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I love positive VR stories like others have said it give me hope DH had his VR in oct 2010 and it was successful!! His count is on the lower side I have not fallen pregnant yet we have started doing iui and I will get my tubes checked incase I'm the problem even thou it is unlikely as we have 2 kids together and I fell so easily with them

Remaining positive and love hearing the stories

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Stumbeline, can I ask what's was the time period between V and VS for your dh? And what were our first SA results like? So great to hear Sucess stories, it's an anxious time !

Dreamgirl, we can go through this together! I am in Brisbane. I have two step daughters 15 and 13. They are very excited, they want a baby sister as they have to small brothers. My husband wants a son. Where did your DH have his vr done?

Big fingers crossed for this month!!
    We came up to the Gold Coast & had the reversal done at the Metrocentre. They have been great!!!

DF's first analysis was 8million and the second at 6mths jumped up to 10million but has increased to 20% of them being "top swimmers". Our plan was to start trying straight away but then things changed with my work and I had to wait 3 months to make sure I would get maternity leave. Whats your DH's results so far?

Last month was our first month trying and I would have loved for it to happen straight away but it obviously wasn't meant to be. I just want it so bad and due to the procedure of getting it reversed and everything it just feels like we have been trying forever! Also, I've never been known for being patient. Lol