+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone! I would also like to join this thread. My dh has his vr done on the 10 th of December 11. We are 5 weeks away from our first sperm analysis and are very anxious to see the results. We also used Metrocentre, we were very impressed with the whole process. DH is 39 and has two teenage daughters from his first marriage, 13 and 15. 10 yrs since vasectomy. I am 30 in two months. Doc thinks we shall have success , added bonus with my age. During the procedure they did find dead sperm and put it up on a screen to show you. All promising, just dying to know if it worked ! It's a frustrating wait.
    will keep u posted. I love stumbling into positive VR chats.
    good luck ladies, I wish you all the success in the world!
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    so what do you recommend, I am wanting mu hubby to have a reversal, but

it sound slike it doesn talways work,
    Quote Originally Posted by gilliebean1 View Post
    Oh graciesma I agree re the pain aspect!

In our case, because FS couldn't find the ends, he ended up having to pull out one of DH's testes and poke around to look further up into his abdomen. Our FS also extracted our swimmers while DH was under knowing that that would be our only option (thank god he was thinking ahead!). It was such an invasive procedure for him. I have never ever seen anyone in so much agony as afterwards. It certainly gave new meaning to the phrase 'hung like a donkey' lol My DH is in the military and is not a wimpy guy at all, but that bought him to tears. It was heartbreaking, I felt so guilty about putting him through that for no reason. And painkillers did nothing!

Of course you may be one of the lucky ones that it works for, but I think you have to weigh up the pros and cons of it for your particular situation, as its not all as rosy as they make it out to be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi BABYKINS

In our case we have had excellent results... We have more than enough swimmers in my dp first test just waiting to be able to have second test done.

We got ours done at the Metrocentre.
    www.vasectomyreversals.com.au

Stories arent always bad.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    There are no guarantees, but after 4 failed IVF cycles, my DH had his second reversal today (first one worked and resulted in DD, but then reblocked with scar tissue)... Id say its worth a try.

good luck xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    6mths from the reversal and DF has results from sperm count. 10mil and 20% top swimmers. Although the average count is 20mil the normal count for top swimmers is only 10%. Feeling very good right now :-)

Unfortunately we had to postpone our TTC due to some changes at work but now we are full steam ahead. This is our first month TTC and I'm over halfway through my cycle. Will test around 15th April. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dream girl View Post
    6mths from the reversal and DF has results from sperm count. 10mil and 20% top swimmers. Although the average count is 20mil the normal count for top swimmers is only 10%. Feeling very good right now :-)

Unfortunately we had to postpone our TTC due to some changes at work but now we are full steam ahead. This is our first month TTC and I'm over halfway through my cycle. Will test around 15th April. Fingers crossed!!
    Dream girl. This is also our first month of trying and AF is due on the 14th. We must have similar cycles. I did test last night, got ahead of myself and got a BFN so think I am out for the month. A friend of mine gave me a list of supplements to increase sperm count. Given to her by her IVF doctor.
    Aloe vera juice, 20 Mls at night
    Zinc 40 mgs a day
    Min 10 pumpkins seeds a day
    Folic acid min 5mgs a day
    2 Table spoons of Goji berries a day.
    Boxers - no undies.

My husband has started, aloe juice is not the nicest tasting thing. But mixed with juice is ok.

I hope you have some luck this weekend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Castle!! I hope you get your BFP soon.

I am not too hopeful about getting my BFP this month. I tested yesterday and got a negative. AF is due tomorrow but so far no pains. Think I just want my BFP so much that my body is teasing me :-(

My fiancé is on menevit and that seems to be helping improve his quality & count.

Are you TTC # 1?

DF is 45 and has 2 children already but I'm 29 and this is my first time TTC. I have my fingers crossed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I just wanted to update. The last time I posted here my DH was a few days off having his reversal. Well that was now 11 weeks ago, and I am 6 weeks pregnant!!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Demeter21 For This Useful Post:

krystlesoreilly  (18-07-2012),monroe78  (04-10-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Demeter!! That is wonderful news :-) so happy for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there

My DH had v at 44, he had reversal when we met at age 53 and it was a great success! He had to have a week off work but didnt even need painkillers after. Sperm returned to a normal level and no issues with antibodies.

If u r keen to look into it more I can highly recommend our dr. He has a great success rate and people come and see him even from overseas.