+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Fiji- Which Resort??

Hi!
    The hubby and i are thinking of going on holiday to Fiji with our two little ones (7mths & 2.5yrs). But which resort is good? I want a resort with a private beach- clean, white sand, clear water- the perfect beach basically! I've heard some are grey and there are problems with tides, so you can't swim at certain times of the day?! I'm not fussed with kids clubs etc because they're too young for that anyway. It would be nice if the resort is close to shopping areas/places of interest, so we're not stuck at the resort the whole time- we'd like to explore as well as laze at the beach . I've looked at Treasure Island Resort... that looks good but not sure how isolated it is. So... if anyone's got some recommendations it would be much appreciated!! Thanks!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

I stayed at Plantation Island Resort in 2006. VERY family friendly Heaps to do for kids, and there were little ones running around everywhere having a ball. The beach is beautiful, but most of the days we were there they were doing something with machines like turning the sand or something so the water was a bit sandy - (it was right before the busiest season so there weren't many people there) - but the days they didn't it was absolutely beautiful The staff were amazing, everyone was so friendly. They're all great with kids. Remember you can go island hopping and go to lots of other beaches during the day too. There were 2 restaurants - both right on the beach - there were 2 milk bar type shops, there were gift shops, playgrounds, and I think 3 swimming pools.

Treasure Island is nice (I visited there when we went island hopping). I don't remember much of it but it did have quite a few shops. Castaway Island is good if you're looking for lots of things to do at the resort but doesn't have a very nice beach (lots of shells and pebbles). Another one that comes to mind with a beautiful beach is Mana Island. It was the biggest island we visited and the beach was huge. Lots of shops. And a big indoor restaurant.

Have a great time, I can't wait to get back to fiji one day!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the info!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went to Castaway last year and it is sooooo fabulous we are going back again at Christmas Beautiful island (they clean the beach every day), great food, staff are fantastic. So relaxing. The pool is a little disappointing but who cares when the beach is so brilliant. They have a special at certain times of the year where you pay a one off payment of about $200 and get all your food no matter how long you stay. Babysitting is around $6FJD per hr so you and your partner can have time alone too. Read trip advisor reviews - all glowing.

We have been to one other resort Jean Michel Costeau which we didn't like as much (except that you do get your own nanny for kids under 3) - beach not great, more $$ and a bit too pretentious for us.