+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Success rate of Clomid

Hi Everyone,

I am fairly new to this forum and am starting on my first dose of Clomid on Tuesday (ttc since Jan 09).

i am really excited because i feel like i will finally have a chance at getting pregnant .

Just a quick question, i am just wondering how long everyone has been on Clomid with or without it resulting in a pregnancy.

i just want to know so i'm not disappointed again when i see it hasn't worked in the first or second cycle.

Also any serious side effects i should know about?

Thanks girls
    Chelsea

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi chelsea2010

I have only had one cycle of clomid so far. Am waiting to start my 2nd cycle this month if AF ever arrives! I'm currently on day 40 of my cycle and she normally comes around day 36/37. I did 2 HPT's at home on the weekend and both . My FS has upped my clomid dosage to 100mg for this month as well (was on 50mg last month).

Sorry, didn't really answer your question. Hopefully someone with a success story responds to your query.

With regards to side-effects - Last cycle I took my tablets in the morning and had a headache and felt sick every day for the whole month. Ppl have said to take the tablets in the evening just before you go to bed to reduce any side-effects you might have.

Good luck tomorrow and let me know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Chelsea2010

I'm also on clomid. This is my 3rd round. I'm on 50mg and this seems to be working for me. We haven't had a yet but everyone is different. Some fall on the first round others it takes a couple of goes.

I've get really strong O pains, sore bb's and AF has been really heavy and seems to come in later and later each month. I had a 35 day cycle last month and a 36 day cycle this month just waiting to see what happens this time. I'm on day 1 for round 3 on clomid. I think I've been moody (well more than normal anyway) from what DH said yesterday .

I would love to read anymore responses you get with the success rate. Have you read inspirational stories? There are some great ones there for giving hope .

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi girls

let me be your inspiration!! We went to clomid after finally finding out what was wrong and after three cycles had a break, then we fell with our first child naturally.

About 6 months ago we TTC again and went straight to the clomid. First time round we fell, but it resulted in a m/c.

Now after AF finally coming back I did three rounds again and am pregnant! The third cycle I increased the dose to two tablets.

I am lucky that I have a regular cycle.

So there is hope!!!

Serious Side effects are listed in the packaging, I don't remember many offhand besides migranes, risk of twins or more, but the biggest concern is cysts/ovarian enlargment if you take too much. check this out http://www.rxlist.com/clomid-drug.htm

dillydAlly is offline --> The most precious princess in all the land :D
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Chelsea

Another good news story for you

We did 6 rounds of Clomid. 50mg for 10days (not sure why but my doc just got me to do 10 days) We BD'd ourselves for 4 cycles of those and two were IUI..... The last one was IUI and it got us our BFP.... I am now currently 6 weeks off having a little one!

Side effects, well it's different for everyone. The serious ones are the OHSS but if you are monitored closely then it shouldn't be a problem. My side effects were hot flushes, genral moodiness (although some of that may not have been the clomid) but that's about it.

Goodluck!!! Be positive!

Ally

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi

Another clomid success story here. I was on 50mg of clomid fell pregnant first round, which resulted in a m/c at 9 weeks. Waited 2 1/2 months for AF to return, straight back on clomid 50mg again and fell pregnant again. I am now 20weeks pregnant with my first.

Be patient with it, its a fustrating thing to be on assisted treatment. whilst on clomid I used OPK's and bedded everday on days 10 - 20, but didnt stress if we missed a day here or there. I also slept with a pillow under my butt to raise my legs and help the little guys down to where they needed to be.

Side effects, take the tablet at night, the headaches were horrible and the hot flushes were equally as bad. Oh and my mood swings were well not much better then a dragon. I was really quiet rude to people, and had no idea i was doing it. I also had alot of trouble sleeping.

I hope all goes well with your clomid journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Again

Wow they are great success stories. Hopefully we can all follow on our journey as well and get our !!!! Makes me all that more hopeful.

Thank you

to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    My sister got a on half a clomid tablet, I think it took 2 months. She had tried naturally for 6 months, unsuccessfully (in that 6 months she only had 3 cycles.

I had PCO but fell pg naturally the first month of trying, so I feel VERY lucky. I guess I hit the jackpot with ovulation

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well here is another success story... I started my first round of 50mg clomid for 5 days on the 25th of August and got my BFP on sunday

Goodluck hunnie

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hunterzmummy - Congrats on your BFP! that is so exciting!!

Thanks so much for your stories, hopefully i am lucky and get a BFP soon! thanks very much,

oh and am on my second tablet at the moment, and no side effects YAY!

Thanks again

11. The Following User Says Thank You to chelsea2010 For This Useful Post:

Nicoicon72  (22-11-2014)