+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Nose Job! Anyone had one ?

Last edited by JiminyCricket; 13-01-2010 at 09:28.

Tam-I-Am is offline Winner 2009 - Most Helpful Member Award
    Winner 2007 The most helpful moderator/admin award
    2008 AWARD WINNER - The most polite member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank You
    I haven't had a rhinoplasty, but I have had sinus surgery before, and I'll be honest - it's bloody awful. My ENT assures me that there is nothing more painful than sinus surgery, and having been through childbirth twice (one really traumatic time), I'd have to agree.

I was offered a rhinoplasty for medical reasons after my sinus surgery (I have a deviated septum, causing restriction of one side of my sinus' and secondary chronic sinusitis), and have refused because a) I don't hate my nose. My whole face is crooked, and straightening out my nose would make me look very odd indeed, I think, and b) the sinus surgery I DID have was so bloody awful that I can't conceive of having ELECTIVE nasal surgery, even if it would help my health!

I hope you find a solution that works for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mum_I'm_hungry View Post
    My husband has. What did you want to know specifically?
    If you do it, get the very best surgeon you can. Also consider ENT surgeons as they also do it (my husband went with a hugely experienced ENT who's considered the 'father of the nose job' in Brissie ).
    -How do you if a surgeon is good or not?
    -Would it be difficult to care for my child after the operation if I had it when he was 2 years?
    -Is your Hubby happy that he did it?
    -How long after the op until you can go out in public without looking like a freakshow?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to JiminyCricket For This Useful Post:

annesmith  (23-01-2013)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, I had it done when I was 16 (as soon as I finished high school). It was the best thing I ever did! I had a huge nose with a big bump and I am very petite so it was way out of place. To be honest it was so long ago now that I have forgotten what it was like and feel as though I have looked like this forever. Yes, it hurt but it was about a week of feeling very miserable and then probably a couple of weeks where I didn't leave the house because I looked so bad. It prob took a couple of months to look completely normal but after a couple of weeks most of the bruising and swelling was gone so I just looked like I had dark circles under my eyes for a little while. Is there anyone that can help you with DS? That might be a bit hard initially but I would definately say go ahead with it!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It is a huge financial committment but if it means that much to you and you have the money - why not? If it's just the wedding photos you're worried about.. make up does wonders.. they can acutally alter the appearence of your nose so that it appears the way you would like it to in photos. It probably wont matter to you so much years down the track and not only that... dare I say, your bubs may inherit the same nose and you'll have something to resemble eachother. If you do get it done, you're probably paving the way for them to have it done too when they're a bit older. I haven't had rhinoplasty but I did have a boob job and so did my Mum. I guess when I heard she had and I inherited her small ones, I figured there was something wrong with it so I got small implants. It really hasn't made much difference at all except I'm $11,000 poorer!

Thanks
    Reviews
    good post. I haven't but am really considering it. I dont like my nose at all, but on top of that have terrible sinus issues that I am completely sick of. I had a friend years ago that had a sinus operation and it was awful. But im thinking if i need to get me sinuses done then i might as well have my nose done too. Will be interested to see the responses

Thanks
    Reviews
    BUMP......... Anyone else had one?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My hubby is getting one next month! He had his eye socket and nose broken 18 months ago, he was attacked by a group of teenagers outside a bar. He's having his nose done because it healed weird and he hates the look of it, that and he has trouble being able to smell and he's a chef. He can't wait! Neither can I because it's going to make him much happier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I got my rhinoplasty at Dr Ahnsup Kim's clinic. I am half Asian and i love the result. My friends never guess that have cosmetic surgery. Which for me is really a good sign. The doctor did a good job to make it fit with my facial features.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I got mine done, I had a large long nose with a massive bump in the middle of it.. i'm very glad i did it, BUT... it hurt like hell. I had two black eyes and couldn't even eat properly. The pain was horrible.. just horrible. Best way to describe it, was like having a super massive migrane pain but in your face/nose. like you were just smacked with a baseball bat. sorry, don't mean to sound awful or put you off... HOWEVER... as i said, im so happy i had it done, It took a good 7-10 days for the bruising to go away but be prepared to have no feeling in your nose ie: numbness for up to a year or longer. Mine is very sensitive to touch. even a slight bang to it hurts. so i''m careful. I got mine done thru a ENT in Brisbane.

best part is: new nose! couldn't stop looking at myself in the mirror for weeks. LOL.