+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I forgot to mention baby led attachment I lve when she does that the whole process :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awww...
    I was only thinking the other day of all the things I love about breastfeeding. It's so nice just to be able to do it this time after I had a terrible time with DS and only BF him for 9 days. I LOVE feeding DD.
    I love the playful smiles she does towards the end of the feed when she has had enough but is pretty pleased that the nipple is still there for her, she stops drinking and just kind of keeps her mouth around it but smiles up at me.

I love not having to worry about bottles when we go out.

I love knowing that my body is keeping her fed and happy.

I love those frantic few moments when she is really hungry where she is gulping and is kind of looking around suspiciously with one eye as if someone is going to steal her boobie!

I love when she falls asleep and her eyes kind of start rolling back in her head as she is drinking, she looks completely blissful.

And I LOVE the fact that I have lost any weight I gained in pregnancy and now hoping to use BFing to help me lose some more. Although the fact I'm always hungry isn't helping...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great thread!
    I agree with all of the above, plus I love the fact that my DS and I can't be apart for more than a few hours as he wont take a bottle at all, he totally needs his mum!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    awwww i love all of the above plus
    - i love when my DS nestles his head in my boobies when he is hungry
    - i love the hug he gives me when he is eating
    - i love the big stretch he does after a feed
    - i love that i persevered with breastfeeding as the first 4 weeks were the most painful weeks of my life BUT i love how easy it is now and that our hard work paid off
    - i love that even though it can be demanding at times im not only feeding my son but providing him with love and comfort
    - i love that my son needs me

- i wish my son would be more loyal to me though as he will happily take a bottle of EBM hehehe

- i love that i can still type all of this and breastfeed my son at the same time
    Last edited by The Fox; 10-09-2009 at 18:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's funny how excited my son gets when he knows he's being fed.

He flaps his arms and laughs with anticipation.

Mod-Nomsie is offline Administrator
    Winner 2009/10/11/12/13 - Most helpful Moderator
    Winner 2011 - Naughtiest/Cheekiest Mod
    Winner - Quickest 'Thanker' on the Hub
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/1/15
    Yep, yep, yep!

AND

I love that I am clever enough to do two at a time (and I don't need a bf pillow any more either lol)
    I love that my original goal was 6 months, and that came and went and I didn't want to stop. My next goal is 12 months, and I can't see me stopping there either. I didn't think I would like it so much!
    I love that there is no preperation for it too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love it when DD falls asleep feeding and has the most contended look on her face. Still happens occassionally now.

I love it that I am still able to breastfeed her now (She's 2 and 8 months) after 3 months of lets just get through this feed/next feed/ today/ just another week etc. It wasn't until she was 3 months that I really thought "Hey I can do this"

I love that feeling when you think "Hey I can do this"

I love the way when she is upset and tired she wants "nuk and bed" and snuggles in whilst asking for it.

I love the fact that I have a fantastic supporting hubby who has no prob with me still breastfeeding her.

I loved her reaction to my brother trying to get her to drink some cows milk (she was about 20 months then and he didn't think she should still be breastfed ). So he heated some up for her to a nice temp, put it in a nice pink drinking cup, said "this should be to your liking". She look at the cup, looked at me (I nodded yes you can try it), she tried some, pull the most disgusted face I had seen up to that point, put it on the table and didn't look at it again! . He didn't try that again!!

I love it that in 2 years and 8 months she has only had maybe 3 colds and generally gets over them in a day!

Ditto to the closeness, ability to ease pain and suffering, still being able to nourish and sustain her when she is sick, her not getting very sick when we are both down with a cold.

Love the thread, it's a great idea!

Sheer Bliss is offline new username time?? this is toooo friggin hard, and NOT Bliss!!!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I have to second nomsie's proudness of being able to feed 2 at a time, and it's much nicer now I don't need the pillow too. It's snugglier and cuddlier without it!

I love having 4 eyes looking up at me, sparlking with adoration. And when their 2 little hands meet in the middle and try and grab at each other.

I love when DD tandem feeds her dolls and then DS joins in with teddy, telling me he's drinking his milk and then again when he is 'ninnished (finished)

I love the wave of calm that washes over us. No matter what the day/night has been like, feeding them, esp together brings a peace and calmness over everyone. for that moment, we have to sit, cuddle and just be together.

I love when DS grins with a mouth full of boob

I love when DD gives me a cheeky grin, has a bit of a chat and then goes back to her lunch, just like any other person, she doesn't like to rush and enjoys a chat midway through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I love that it sends even my now one year off into sleep in 2 mins flat

threechooks is offline If my spelling annoys you that's your problem.... I have better things to do than proofread !
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I love everything about it and miss it a little bit.....It is the best thing I have done in my life so far