Closed Thread
Page 70 of 98 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

Thanks girls, I've had no more bleeding and have spoken to FS and my scan has been bought forward to thursday the 15th instead of the 19th.Also I have a blood test on Wednesday. I have to rest as much as i can.
    Also thanks for the advice regarding the scan dates being behind FS also said that's fine being 2 days behind.
    Now just the wait to see, as you all know the waiting never ends.
    I'm feeling more positive today as i seem to still have the symptoms that i have been having.

Thanks
    Reviews
    KGH, glad your feeling more positive today . Scares like that really play on your mind don't they. Isn't it funny we rely on our symptoms to let us know things are ok.

DH has been nagging me to have brekkie first thing in the morning instead of when I get to work. This morning proved why thats not a good idea, I only managed one weetbix and . So from now on, he doesn't get a say in when I eat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nice story boo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hopeful: wishing you the best of luck with your scan tomorrow, its definitely nerve racking beforehand but such a relief afterward. I'll be thinking of you.

Boo: you definitely did a lot of a shopping that's great. We can't get anything till after we move out of the unit into our house hopefully by next March we can start getting things. I can't wait.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    KGH I hope bub continues to grow nice & strong

Boo we have also bought our pram,from babyco the day before it closed down.I could just go crazy shopping

Thanks
    Reviews
    Boo - wow that's quite a shop! If they were closing down does that mean everything was discounted?

kgh09 - glad they managed to bring the scan date forward, waiting is so hard.

I thought my m/s had left me until yesterday when I started to feel that vertical queasiness again, now today I have eaten so I'm not without food but when I sit or stand upright I feel ill. We also went to look at Target on the weekend, so many things to consider and I felt completely overwhelmed not really knowing what to buy or what we needed, so being a list person I am going to create a list of things I want and specifications that are important first, that'll make me feel better

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikki I know what you mean about needing a list to write everything down. I saw in Big W they had a checklist in the baby section of everything needed for a baby, its very extensive but definitely helpful. I wonder if I can scan it and upload it on here..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Boo - I didn't know about BabyCo until I saw an old work colleague at the shops a few weeks ago and she's pregnant and had a lot of stuff on layby there and there was concern that they wouldn't get their laybys. But I think she was able to get it. She said that the employees didn't know til they turned up to work.

When we were having the twins we bought the carseats and portacot early (i was about 11 weeks) as there was a big sale at target and we got the car seats half price (bit like the twins ) and the portacot was below half price. Can't remember when we got the other stuff. I got my pram second hand. I got 2nd hand bouncers and had new covers made for them. We got the cots at another target sale. We got given a change table, rocking chair.

Because I've got a boy and girl and had twins we don't need to buy anything (other than convincing DH that I can buy a new pram - I've got a single stroller already) So I just need to start stocking up on nappies and wipes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by wishing4ababy View Post
    Nikki I know what you mean about needing a list to write everything down. I saw in Big W they had a checklist in the baby section of everything needed for a baby, its very extensive but definitely helpful. I wonder if I can scan it and upload it on here..
    It's on the website I was thinking the same thing about posting the link.
    http://www.bigw.com.au/pdf/Baby%20Ch...009%20July.pdf
    I'm going to use this list, for new mothers I think it helps. I have identified there are things I won't need but there is stuff that I hadn't even considered!

Thanks
    Reviews
    If you are going to have a baby shower then I wouldn't buy any clothes, bibs, washers, towels, baby powder, baby wash etc til after that. I got given so much baby wash that I didn't buy any for the first year. I also got given about 40bibs and 30 washers. and about 10 towels. I got given lots of clothes. But I kept the tags on the big store ones (Big W, Kmart, Target) as I was given so many fleecy all in one 000 suits and my babies were too small to wear them during winter so I took them back and swapped them for smaller sizes or for summer clothes.