ADVERTISEMENT

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 98 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ok Spot I will fix it up! How are you feeling? I'm still sooo excited for you

Amum I'm going private,not sure why I'm meeting a midwife on Tuesday but will be sure to fill you all in.
    I have just come back from a 2 hour walk & I live at the beach & it was PACKED! Now I'm ready for a sleep

Girls I need some advice. Another one of my close friends miscarried on Thursday,DH & I are both devastated & feel quilty about being pregnant
    My friend was due a week after me & I can only imagine what she must be going through.I need advice on what to do,I have phoned her & txtd a few time letting her know I'm here for her etc.
    Am I best to just leave her alone or continue to try & be of support? I'm sure I would be the last person she wants to be around ATM or for the next 7 months,but I really care for her.

PLEASE HELP

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nessie I have been thinking about this, so very sad for your friend.

I was reading an article recently about the myth of why we wait until 12 weeks before telling people we are pregnant; and it said that often when a woman has a miscarriage before 12 weeks that is when she would want to the love and support of a friend and most of the time no-one even knows she was pregnant to offer this support.

So I say go forth worth warm open arms, lots of hugs and your support. Thing is if you are damned if you do and damned if you don’t. She would be so pleased for your pregnancy, I mean with you doing IVF also she would know this pregnancy has not come easy to you.

It is a hard time no matter what for her…

AFM - waves of come and go but nothing happens. My poor husband also suffers m/s and his usually flat tummy is all puffy too... hehehehehe.

He is so in tune with me, it is 'our' pregnancy and is he off food too.

Hello to my other April- May-June mums to be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi girls

I just lost my post

Nessie - i am due 16th not the 26th......i'm hoping i don't go over, i had Jett 2 weeks early so that would be nice again.....hey i'll take anything really i've waited so long.
    As for your friend, like spot said just be there for her, she may not want to be around you at the moment as it would be to hard for her so maybe don't push it but when she comes out the other side just be there for her.

Spot - sorry to hear about the m/s......it's nice in a way though isn't it. Mine seems to have passed now, the only time i feel sick is if i don't eat straight away when i need to, i still cannot stand the smell of cooked meat, it's enough to make me want to run to the loo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls,I knew I could count on you for the answer

Poor Spot & DH you 2 will make quite a pair in the coming months

Amum my MS seems to have left me???? I'm starting to worry about this as I feel way to normal IYKWIM?

Hi to all you preggas girls

N&L Mum is offline there is nothing better then being a mum
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Girls just wanted to say Congratulations to you all! i am chatting over in the 'pregnant through IVF 4-24wks' there are a few girls due very soon then there is me due in Feb..

Nikki - OMG huni i am so excited for you Congratulations..

Lochness - I am so sorry to hear about your friend, from my own experience i just wanted to be left along for awhile i new my friends were there for me but i just needed time on my own. The hardest thing for me was seeing my pregnant friends. As long as your friend know's your there for her let her come to you when she is ready.

I'm so happy for you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lochnessie - I was too exhausted earlier to type, we went to the beach today and I needed a nap!

As for your friend, if it were me I'd want to know you were there, then I'd probably want some space 1-2 weeks to process it, then I'd want people to start to visit or call again. If wouldn't bring up pregnancy or babies unless she does, that way she'll feel like she can talk to you without feeling pressured to talk about the pregnancy. You'll probably find if you don't bring up your own pregnancy but stay close and be there for her, she'll start wanting to talk to you about yours and she won't feel uncomfortable about it anymore. None of it is easy really but I think both Amum, Spot are right, gentle gentle but still be available and don't pull away because I think that would be hurtful too.

Spot - I agree with what the research says, was just talking to DH about when to tell people and while I think now is too early. When we see a heartbeat I think I'll start telling close friends. The reason being if anything were to happen after that point I'd want my friends support and love, I'd hate to have to go through that much pain alone and not have people know why I am so upset. I had enough of that isolation during the IVF rollercoaster!

My 7 week scan is on the 24th should I add myself?

NM - thanks I'm only 5.5 weeks at the moment and feeling pretty fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls,

Im hoping I can join the thread too?

Nessie, my first scan is September 30th

I must say that its a nervous time knowing that we miscarried last time, but Im trying my best to just take one day at a time. I have a follow up blood test tomorrow, so I guess it will be interesting to see how it goes. My numbers were really good, so I think my FS is just monitoring me closely because of the mc last time.

Hi to everyone, I know a lot of you from other threads, and there are a few new people too.

Nessie:
    I think you just need to take the lead from your friend. When she is ready to talk she will. And you will be there for her when she needs you. Its certainly hard when you mc and your friends are still PG, when she is ready she will let you know. Thats how it felt for me anyway.

Hope you all had a nice weekend!

xxxxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel WELCOME
    I'm so happy for you & DH,what a fantastic cycle you had. How are you feeling? Do you think it was the DHEA that made the difference?
    Thanks for your advice,I really want to do the right thing by her & it is hard to know what to do when youve never been through it.

Nikki rest as much as you can,it really can be exhausting. I will add your dates now.

Thanks Noahs Mum for popping in & giveing me some advic & for the CONGATULATIONS!

AFM I cant wait for tomorrows US as I dont feel pregnant at all
    I hope all is ok.

N&L Mum is offline there is nothing better then being a mum
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikki - I have been waiting to hear your BFP and i am so happy for you. I hope all goes well with your pregnancy!

Lochness - Good luck with your scan tomorrow. If it helps i didn't start feeling pregnant until i was 7 weeks, even then i only had one tiny symptom

Thanks
    Reviews
    Noahs Mum I have had symptoms up until 2 days ago,I feel normal now
    Though last night when I had a shower my stomach had taken on a different shape??? It was like I had a mini beer gutt It's gone today.