Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Spot noooooo,how can life be so friggin cruel
    I'm devastated for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh Spot that's just awful, I'm so sorry. That's just so unfair.

Thanks
    Reviews
    spot- im so sorry. my heart goes out to you

hi girls- i got all my needles etc today and i did my 1st needle to myself before lunch
    it wasnt too bad!! but for the next 23-24 weeks (im having an early c section) i have to do 4 needles a day plus 4 finger pricks

but i am so looking forward to feeling better because of it

nikki- not sure if ive been on to congratulate you i sobbed through my 6wk 4 day scan and the pic on the monitor kept moving cos if it... lol

hi to all.. i hope everyone is ok x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly Spot I don't know what to say, I"m so so sorry I would feel so devastated and I can imagine you are. I hope you are at home and taking it easy and that your DH is there to give you plenty of cuddles to help you through this time.

Sarbear, sorry I have only just joined this thread but the finger pricks and needles sounds like gestational diabetes? Both my sisters had it twice during their pregnancies and were on a diet plan. I'm thinking I will end up with this as well. Both had successfully pregnancies and gave me adorable 2 nephew's and 2 nieces.

Some of you know that I had my first scan today, I was worried my hubby wouldn't get there in time but thankfully he did (we met there).

I have good and bad news. It turns out there was 2 sacs but only one has a good heartbeat so I'm relieved. The other one nothing.

The F/S gave me Presseries to take for the next 14 nights till my next scan (7th Oct).

This is actually my first time I had to take ongoing presseries I only had to take one the night before transfer and thats it.

I'm noticing a lot of you girls had to take them each night still. I wish I did to now to support the baby but I wasn't given the option then.

I think the 2nd sac explains the bleeding I've had recently. FS told me to take it real easy. This will show me to stop rushing around.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishing - good news that you have one strong heartbeat, I didn't realise you had two put back? Or did it split? Just take it easy and I'm sure your bub will grow healthy and strong. How did it feel to see that heartbeat?

Sarbear - GD is more common than I realised, it's good that it's been picked up and you should start feeling better now. At least now a days they can do something about it and it shouldn't affect bub or you. Then once you have the baby it should go away again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spot - Honey i am so so sorry there are no words to comfort you right now but please know that we are here for you anytime you need us.
    I to have been where you are, i had to believe that it was natures way, i know that doesn't help now but maybe one day it will.
    You are the bravest person i know and you have been thru so much, your time will come and all of this will just seem like a bad dream.
    We are here for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nikki your right I only put back 1 blasty, so it must have split into 2 but thankfully we had 1 heartbeat.

Although I expected to hear the h/b did you?? but it was flashing on the screen and the F/S was happy so we were happy. I was imagining those woooshing sounds you see on tv ultrasounds. We did the two u/s internal and the one on top with the wand (whats that called).

My heart was in my chest let me tell you, I started crying and hubby made my knuckles white from holding on too tight I wish I could be relieved and I am don't get me wrong but when she said its risky having the other sac still there I got a bit scared.

These next 6 weeks is going to feel like forever to the next trimester.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishing - well hopefully that other sac won't cause you any problems and will just be absorbed again. I know hearing things like that from an FS makes you nervous but you have a heartbeat! That's one milestone crossed now! We didn't hear a heartbeat the FS at this stage it would be risky to listen for a heartbeat because the equipment can actually damage the babies developing heart when it bounces off it. So we were content with the visual on the screen.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wishing - what mixed emotions you must be feeling. I was wondering how you had got on with your scan. Please take it very easy. It is good that your FS has you back on presseries. Please do not do your head in wondering if you should/shouldn't have been on them. Every clinic has different protocols on them. I've noticed some give them regardless, but others don't (mine is in the latter).

As for the HB it once again depends on the clinic. We got to listen briefly to it, but only for a VERY short time and before he tried FS did warn us that it may or may not be possible to hear it as it was so early. The most important thing is that the HB can be seen on the screen.

Will your FS do another scan for you in a few weeks to keep your mind at ease or is that it now until your ob appointment?

Anyway congratulations on the healthy bub and I'm glad that your DH got to be there for it too!

Sarbear - Wow that is a lot of jabbing to do over the next 23-24 weeks! At least you know that it will help bubs and will hopefully help make you feel better too.

AFM - everything is good here. Appetite is still going strong (which I'm not worried about as I am a little underweight at the best of times). Does anyone else have a horrible metallic taste in their mouth all of the time? I keep eating to get rid of it. Also, just counting down the days to the next scan. It almost feels like the last one was just a great dream, so it will be good to have a bit of confirmation that it is in fact real.

Thanks
    Reviews
    angeleish - I find that I can't seem to eat much because everything tastes awful and now I find it hard to drink water, which I love because the taste makes me feel ill. The FS said I really need to keep up the fluids though so I put ice cubes in my water and drink it chilled instead of room temperature but I still don't like the taste.