Closed Thread
Page 18 of 98 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls,

thanks for letting me squeeze into the thread!!!

i had my app with the diabetes nurse today.. i have to prick my finger 4 times a day and i'll be on insulin in a couple of weeks!!!

my diet is fine cos im pretty healthy so im glad theres no dramatic changes!! but i do suggest you ask your doc for an early bt just to be safe.. (especially anyone with pcos like me) as id have had no idea about the diabetes til the 30 week mark and would be a very sick little girl

how exciting for those who have your 1st scans coming up!!! i was sooooooooo nervous too and i burst into tears when i saw peanut at 6wks 4 days... little heart fluttering away

if you look at my avatar thats the photo from my 6week scan.. so clear.. you can even see his little tail... so cute!!!

ok girls im off to cook tea, i'll be back later x x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Jetgirl - On our 1st visit we chatted about my last birth etc then i got up on the bed, he put the doppler on my tummy to hear the heartbeat (which we didn't) then he did a scan and took my blood pressure, that was about it. He couldn't hear the heartbeat as i was only 9 weeks and there is only a 20% chance of hearing the heartbeat at that stage. I did however hear the whooshing of the placenta.

Hope you all had a lovely Monday, bring on Friday i say so i can do so more on the weekend, oh how i am living for bed time these days........

Sarbear - Just keep telling yourself it's all for a good cause. I am still having blood thining injections but i only have 5 to go.
    Last edited by amum21; 21-09-2009 at 15:48.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    APRIL/MAY/JUNE BUBS

APRIL DUE DATES
    SARBEAR
    LOCHNESSIE 13th APRIL
    AMUM 16th APRIL
    BOO 28th APRIL

MAY DUE DATES
    MATTYSMUM 10th may
    NIKKI 13th may
    ALLYOOP 18th may
    SPOT 20th MAY
    CAT21 24th May
    SPARKLESARE
    JETGIRL

JUNE DUE DATES

6-7 WEEK SCAN

NIKKI 24th SEPTEMBER
    JETGIRL 23rd SEPTEMBER
    SPOT 25th SEPTEMBER
    ALLYOOP 8 29th SEPTEMBER
    BLONDEKELLI 30th SEPTEMBER

10-13 WEEK SCAN
    Lochnessie 15th SEPTEMBER-2nd OCTOBER(NT)
    Amum 15th SEPTEMBER
    Last edited by lochnessie; 21-09-2009 at 18:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aw thanks lochnessie! My due date according to Google is 6th May but I'm waiting for the doc to confirm!

sarbear, love the pic

amum, thanks for the info!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ahhhh... much better. little heart was beating away, so happy now!!!

My FS is awesome, I wanted to jump off the table and give him the biggest hug

My due date is 10th May, thanx Lochnessie for adding me to the roll call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    amum21- yea i think its all you can do to keep yourself from losing it... if i get upset i look at all my cute scan pics (i have about 11-12 different pics week by week cos i had so much monitoring) and i count my blessings!!!

thanks for adding me to roll call lochnessie how are you going?

mattysmum- i know the feeling... you dont feel right and as soon as you see the heartbeat you feel great

jetgirl- yea im lucky she got a fantastic shot.. very clear.. cos my 7, 8, and 9 week ones arent as clear.. you get the idea but not as good...

APRIL/MAY/JUNE BUBS

MARCH DUE DATE
    SARBEAR 29th MARCH

APRIL DUE DATES
    LOCHNESSIE 13th APRIL
    AMUM 16th APRIL
    BOO 28th APRIL

MAY DUE DATES
    NIKKI 13th may
    ALLYOOP 18th may
    SPOT 20th MAY
    CAT21 24th May
    SPARKLESARE
    MATTYSMUM
    JETGIRL

JUNE DUE DATES

6-7 WEEK SCAN

NIKKI 24th SEPTEMBER
    JETGIRL 23rd SEPTEMBER
    SPOT 25th SEPTEMBER
    ALLYOOP 8 29th SEPTEMBER
    BLONDEKELLI 30th SEPTEMBER

10-13 WEEK SCAN
    Lochnessie 15th SEPTEMBER-2nd OCTOBER(NT)
    Amum 15th SEPTEMBER

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi sarbear!! You were 'my' first BFP on the July/August thread as I hadn't been reading it for too long, so it is great that you have decided to join in with us! And by the time my baby appears sometime in May, you'll be full of useful advice Sorry to hear about the gestational diabetes

Mattysmum - so glad that everything was good with scan, and that FS was able to see you. My FS's secretaries act as gate keepers, and they fob you off as much as possible!!

Nikki - Yeah, I think I'm better 'cause I started meds earlier. With DS I was in in hospital for 6 days before the meds kicked in and started working, this time I just had 1 admission to ED and then started from there. But this morning I had to swallow 8 tablets which even I think is a bit ridiculous!! Good luck for your scan this week

Thanks
    Reviews
    toddler- that put a massive smile on my face to hear that thanks...

heaps of the girls i cycled with in march then may are doing great... it is nice to see the ones ahead of us doing well... if i feel a twitch or pain etc.. i remember them talking about their experiences...

i hadnt contributed much on here since the bfp cos of my bed rest etc so im glad to be back...

to all- i just want to make sure everyone is aware that gestational diabetes can come way earlier than they think... please mention it to your ob and even just do a urine test to check your ok

Thanks
    Reviews
    sarbear my dr is doing a urine test when i'm 8weeks and then midwife appt they do one each time you go to an appt and the GTT B/T is at 26weeks if nothing shows up before that so they sound pretty on top of it

jetgirl my first midwife appt with ds they told me to allow 1 1/2hrs for it i dont know if its that long with the second baby i found it quite weird they send your dh out of the room and ask all these questions about are you scared of your husband and stuff i just looked at them and laughed so its pretty in depth some of the crap they ask you but i suppose they have to

mattysmum so happy to hear about the scan

AFM i'm home alone tonight dh is doing some over time tonight so ds is sleeping and i'm loving the peace and quiet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ally - ask you if you are scared of your husband? Is there really that much domestic violence out there that it's on a midwife checklist? That's an awful thought.