ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    megan75 is offline A dream is a wish your heart makes
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies

thanks so much - we have decided to go with the Embies... I found a bit of info about the donors today, we (them and us)have similar features ie hair colour, eye colour...the only difference is they are a bit taller.. Me 153 DH 176 them Lady 171 Man 188 ... oh well I can live with that. Could come in handy having a tall child he he. They can reach the high shelves... - anyway they told me that they have 4 embies for us.. 1 x 2cell, 1 x 3cell, and 2 x 4cell all at ++ quality (as per QFG rating) I am not 100% what that means the rating, but i am gathering it is good, as mine were very poor and fragmented.. We go to see FS next tuesday and could be a transfer by the end of the month since AF turned up yesterday..

siblingdream - your story is perfect. That is the way we are thinking too. Have you and or will you tell you DD that she is a precious gift, or just leave it.. that is one thing we are questioning... DH wants to keep it to ourselves and not tell anyone that (if we get lucky) our child is from donor embies.... I wish you all the luck in finding your new embie

have a great night
    Megz

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so pleased you were able to make a decision and are able to move forward with this real chance. I hope everything goes really well and you have success with at least one of those embies. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by overitand36 View Post
    i could not see the point of having a child that was not genetically mine is that not the whole point of having a baby?
    Hi,
    I have poor quality eggs and my husband and I have had this discussion... Of course I would love to have a bub that was genetically mine..It's my dream. however.. I have grown to believe that the whole point to having a baby (be it genetically mine or not) is to love, raise and nurture a child.. and just be someone's mummy (even if they don't have my genes).

Megan..Just read you decided to go with the embies... So excited for you..
    Last edited by Luv2BaMummy; 16-09-2009 at 21:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ACT1 - thank you so much, we are sooo over the moon. I think even safe to say we are on with the gift that has be given to us. I have my fingers crossed that you find your Egg/Embie very soon.

luv2bamummy - It is a hard decision to make but in the long run, really it is all about being parents to a wonderful bundel of joy. Being genetic link to us is not the whole deal. It is how you raise and love the bub is what makes you a parent. I received this quote from another thread yesterday and I think it is perfect for this one.
    'I think the raising of children is more important than the 'cooking'. Ingredients are one thing, enjoying the cake is a different matter altogether. Unity comes from the heart, not the gene pool'

Have a great day ladies... and I wish everyone all the success .
    Megz

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck. I am so blessed to have a one year old son from using an egg donor. I do not consider my son 'not mine' and couldn't really understand this post:

Quote Originally Posted by overitand36 View Post
    i could not see the point of having a child that was not genetically mine is that not the whole point of having a baby?
    I understand your husband not wanting to tell anyone that you have used donor embryo's. I think this seems to still be a taboo subject and also seen as shameful (by others) for having to go down this path to conceive.

At present, there are only three people apart from my partner, myself and our donor that know our son was conceived using an egg donor. My partners family has no idea (my mother, sister and brother-in-law know).

My sister used the same egg donor and she also has not told anyone. At this stage we have decided to keep it this way until our children are older (my son and her daughter are half brother and sister). We were so lucky to have the same egg donor (she really is an angel)...

If you would like to chat further via private message or similar I would look forward to hearing from you.

Once again, good luck with your journey (I know it can be very emotional).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Smurfs
    Thanks for your support over the Embie donor thing. It is a lot harder to explain about getting the Embie from another couple, than an egg.... Atleast your DS still is linked DNA wise to your partner.. I will send a PM later on - just at work right now . I just wanted to send a little thank you

have a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by megan75 View Post
    Hi Smurfs
    Thanks for your support over the Embie donor thing. It is a lot harder to explain about getting the Embie from another couple, than an egg.... Atleast your DS still is linked DNA wise to your partner.. I will send a PM later on - just at work right now . I just wanted to send a little thank you

have a great day
    I've sent you a PM.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

I have cut and paste this little post a few times now.. hehe

Just a quick one this morning – had FS apt this morning, they took my bloods and that’s it.. I have to call back at lunch time to see what my levels etc are and from that they can work out when I am going to O and then book me in for the FET.. so could be early next week.. Will let you know more once I know more.

Hope everyone is having a great day and TGIF!

Hugs

P.s Just called FS - and my levels are low.. 418 (what ever that means) so back on Monday for another BT - looks like FET might not be till late next week or early week after.. will have to wait and see...
    xx
    Last edited by megan75; 23-10-2009 at 14:07.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI
    Just wanted to let you all know that my FET is booked for this friday.. I am now a little worried that my little miracles wont thaw and keep dividing.. oh well just have to wait and see.. Everything has been good so far.. so lets hope the goodluck continues..

will let you know how I go on friday!

Thankyou all so very very much for the support on going with the Donor Embies.. We can't wait !

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    hello megan just popped to see how you went on fri for you guys jojo