+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    megan75 is offline A dream is a wish your heart makes
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg and or Embryo Donor - do we go this way

HI Ladies -
    I was wondering if any one out there can offer some advise on this. My Hubby and I have just had our 7th unsuccessful ICSI attempt. This time round no eggs in my follies.... My Dr says he thinks my only option now is to go on his Embryo Donor list...Just really not sure... do we or don't we..

I hope someone can help

thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes it is hard to adjust to the idea of never having a child that's not related to one or both of you. If you can't reconcile that then I'm afraid I wouldn't recommend donor embies. If you can, then go for it. If, however, you can cope with the idea of a baby that isn't your genetic offspring but is your partner's then an egg donor might be a good option for you.

Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for the advice - we are leaning towards atleast going into the Dr's office and finding out more info before we make our final decision. I have already spoken to the clinic about advertising for the ED - so I think the more information I can gather the better ( I hope) we will be to figure out what to do.

I ready your story too - wow I have my fingers crossed that you find another ED soon

thank you again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i could not see the point of having a child that was not genetically mine is that not the whole point of having a baby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you Megan. I hope you manage to get enough information to help you make the right decision for you. In the end you can only live your life by what you know to be true for you, no matter what that is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    overitand36 - That is what I thought at the start of my IVF run too. I didn't want to have a baby unless it was part me and part my Husband. But now as my DH said last night the Goal Posts have moved, this way could be the only way I can be a mum. We are even looking into adoption - My heart says just keep on going with the jabbing and see what happens. But in a year and a half my results just seem to be getting worse with my eggs.. So we think can't hurt to look into more options... just to see.
    I wish you luck with your IVF journey.

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes those damn goal posts sometimes I wish we could burn them

best of luck megan with your choices

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,
    I have just had the strangest call,,,,, DH and I are on the Donor list at QFG for eggs and embies just in case. My FS told me at my failed EPU that he could push me up the list for embies and instead of a 12mth wait will be a 6mths wait. then we went and made the appt with a new FS for a second opinion (which is this thurs). I have just gotten of the ph with QFG Donor program, and they have embies for me already.... I told them that I will have to talk with DH before I can say yes or no for them.. Oh my! what do we do....... Should I still go for a 2nd look?? or do we take the Embies and try for a BFP that way.... I am in total shock! did not expect a call this early??? I was thinking of calling the nurse and asking now that I am looking at a 2nd iopinion will this harm my chance on the donor list for the Embies.....

Hope everyone is having a great day...

Thanks
    Reviews
    if you are both ok with donor option then I would not be wasting any more time

if you need more time to think about it then go with the 2nd opinion

just one question I had for you with regard to no eggs have you looked at alternative therapies, I have been on Chinese herbs for the last few months and it has made a huge difference in my uterus lining maybe it could help with the quality of your eggs, also helps with to reduce the change of miscarriage

wish you all the best with any choice you make as it is a hard one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Megs

Good luck with your decision making. I've been where you are now and I chose to go with donor eggs. My daughter is the pride and joy of my life (well our lives) and the very reason I bounce out of bed in the morning. I can assure you from the bottom of my soul, that I am her mother and love her with every fibre of my being. I have learnt that parenting is not necessarily genetic... it's a million small moments of being fully present to a little soul entirely dependent on you (and helping them to being independent). I wonder now why genetic seemed so important to me (especially when I was so open to adoption). I think when we say genetic, we often really mean "looks like" as in, she has my eyes or Dad's nose or whatever. We don't mean has my predisposition to breast cancer do we! I know for my parents, I must have been a bit of a shock as I look like my mum's aunt mostly (and not like my parents so much) - and I am most definitely theirs! With my daughter, she walks like me, talks like me, laughs like me... so it's no surprise that people say how much like me she is. She is exposed to my interests and copies me...

Anyway, the decision is yours. I've been on the waiting list for donor eggs at my clinic for over four years, so in my opinion.... I'd go for the offer.... but as I said, I'm a lot further along in thinking about this decision and living with it.

Best of luck!!