+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Question Cloth Pads

Does anyone use cloth pads? I'm wanting to make the switch to cloth but there's alot of different ones out there. Are there any that are fantastic, likewise, are there ones to avoid?
    Still bf full time DD2 (11mths), but expecting periods to start again soonish.

I'd feel like a walking contridiction if I were to continue using 'plastic'. DD2 is in cloth so I can't see why I can't be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Have a look on OzeBaby they have plenty for sale overthere. Try the other forum that is solely about cloth nappies and WAHM's, they seem to get pretty discussed fairly often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hiya
    i use the keeper (also know as the diva cup) LOVE it!!!!
    there are a few different brands of cloth pads: rad pads is one, wemoon might be another.
    try checking menstruation.com (or some web address like that) and there should be linkks to different cloth brands.
    you can probably make them as well. wouldn't be too hard.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't mind cloth pads but still have some plastic ones as backup for when going out etc because I hate feeling self conscious about bulkiness. I have to admit finding cloth to be more comfy though.

I know it's all personal choice but what I found I liked best in cloth pads were microfleece (or suede) topped and hemp inners to give that nice soft feeling without being too bulky like some cotton pads can be. I also disliked PUL being used as a backing because it would tend to be plasticky and crunchy feeling. Might be just me though.

Another good brand is Girly Bits (I think she only has a yahoogroup atm) where you can get customised designs and silk topped pads. Totally luxurious!

Thanks
    Reviews
    i have been looking into mooncups. i think that they would be better for me but i use cloth pads at the moment, but i don't like wearing pads full stop.