+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Campbellsmummy View Post
    if you love the name, then you should name her Madison
    I agree with that. TBH when DD was born I didn't even stop to think how many other kids would be called the same as her, I named her what I wanted to name her.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummaBear03 View Post
    I agree with that. TBH when DD was born I didn't even stop to think how many other kids would be called the same as her, I named her what I wanted to name her.
    I agree. If you love the name go for it. Don't worry about how common it may or may not be.

We have a Jessica (10yrs old) and we were told how popular the name was when we named her but I didn't care. As far as I know she was the only Jessica at daycare and is the only Jessica at school. She knew one Jessica at gymnastics a couple of years ago. And a friend at dancing has a sister called Jessica but that's it.

So even though it turned out to be number 11 in the most popular names we haven't really come across it very often.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I remember when I was pregnant (about 2.5 years ago) my neighbours (who were both child care workers) commented on how many Maddisons and Mikaylas there are out there, when we were talking about names (a lot according to them). I do like the name, but wouldn't use it myself as I'd be too concerned about how common it is. But if that doesn't worry you then go for it .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    We have a Madison. We have never come across anyone with this name yet, even in DS school classes, and even if we did we wouldnt of cared. Names are a personal preference - if you like it then who cares how many people have it. There are plenty of names that are common (or have the persona of being common). I honestly dont think many names are as unique as people believe.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Popularity might be regional - at the moment in kindergarten in our country school, we have eight little girls who go by Maddy (I believe 5 are Madison and 3 are Madeline, with different spellings for both). It's a nightmare for the two teachers.

And a friend in town who had a baby last week named her Madisyn. It's still well and truly out there in country New South Wales.

Personally, I think if you love it, use it. There's nothing wrong with it, and if others have the same taste, so be it.