+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I know 2 but they are both about 4 or 5? I think it is popular, but not THAT popular. I'm sure they would come across other kids with the same name at some point, but might not have any in their class...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I know four or five little girls called Madison or Maddison. And three people who are pregnant and will be using that name if they have a girl. I remember the thread (or A thread) on it and I was one of the ones who said it was too popular for my liking, apart from just not liking the name itself in the slightest.

But certainly Isabella (and variations), Mia, Amelia etc I think are far more common. That's why I didn't want Isobel for this bub if she was a girl. It's a lovely name, but way too overused.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    its really odd sometimes.

DD1s name is up there on the popular names and she is the only one i have personally come across and is the only one at her daycare, i have seen a few babies come up in our local paper over the past 4 yeas but not as few as you would expect considering how high up it is.
    my niece and nephews names are with in the top 5, my nice i know of 2 other kids with her name and my nephew is the only one i know.
    DD2 i haven't met any kids, i only know of older people with her name....but then again its not even in the top 100,

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Well I didn't think it was at all - I never knew any, but when I went to my mum's group, there are 3 out of 8 girls named Madison - one of which is mine and the others have various spelling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I live in a small town, and I know four. One is 11, two are seven and one is three.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I know heaps of them through childcare. Madison (various spellings), Bella and Joseph are all very common names. At least 2 of each in the under 3 age group at every centre I've done relief work at this year, and also many of the younger siblings of DD's Prep friends are one of those 3 names. Bella's more popular, but Madison is still very popular.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I haven't come across any other Madison's since having my Madison nearly 4 years ago. She is the only one in her kindy class too.

It's a beautiful name that i just had to give my DD1, i wasn't at all concern about it's popularity.

Come to think of it i don't think i have personally met anyone else with the name but who knows maybe there will be a few more around when Maddy goes to school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Maddison

Although I don't know any other Maddison's/Madison's IRL. (I've seen alot online though)

My Maddison doesn't get called that though, she's been Maddy from day 1.

Her daddy called her Maddison a few weeks ago, she turned around, gave him a confused look and said "no daddy, I'm not Maddison, I'm Maddy"

It's a beautiful name that i just had to give my DD1, i wasn't at all concern about it's popularity.
    I agree
    Last edited by Corie; 28-08-2009 at 19:49.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a Madison as well, she is the only Madison IRL that I know.

We have called our Madison - Madi from day one as well..

Btw she is nearly 11 weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work in a day care centre and every room has at least one Madison in it. The baby and toddler rooms both have 4 each. I also have two nieces ( one my side and one DH's side) who are Madison and Maddison.

Having said that, if you love the name, then you should name her Madison