+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Cadburies AU/NZ goes fair trade

Just recently MochaMumma started a thread on Cadburies succumbing to public pressure to remove palm oil from their chocolate.

The ethically questionable source of cadburies cocoa destined for AU and NZ was discussed, as obviously I would think no one wants to have chocolate farmed and sourced by child or other slave labour

Well it seems like they have made a commitment to roll out the fair trade policy for the chocolate made in New Zealand and Australia.

Just another example of how powerful everyones individual demand and even all of those that only took 5 seconds to click a link and join the facebook group or sign a petition have collectively made this world a slightly better place.

And I think that's great.
    It means that about a quarter of Cadbury Dairy Milk global sales will be Fairtrade certified in 2010. And combined with existing Fairtrade market in Britain and Ireland, the five markets will quadruple Fairtrade cocoa sales from Ghana.
    Todd Stitzer, Cadbury’s Chief Executive, said: “I am delighted that, having announced our significant global ambition for Cadbury Fairtrade in March this year, we can now make this promise a reality in five of our key global chocolate markets by early 2010. I’ve been touched by the response from consumers since our Fairtrade Cadbury Dairy Milk bars came on shelf in Britain and Ireland over the last month. I look forward to next year when we’ll bring Fairtrade chocolate to millions more Cadbury Dairy Milk fans globally, all at the same price and with the same taste."

Source

A Party of Five is offline Winner 2008 � Most Boring Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It's about bloody time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I am so excited that I can buy cadburies again. I love writing angry letters, and it does pay off.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Now I can recline in fatness and feel good about it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Was just coming in to post this aswell!

I think it's about bloody time and hopefully at some stage ALL their range will be Fair Trade.

I still won't buy Cadbury's as I personally don't like it that much anyway, there's better out there, however now at least if I run out of the good stuff and am having chocolate cravings I will be able to find something in the supermarket which doesn't compromise my ethics.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    i heard this on the news today gives me some hope for the future