ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Just something that was on my mind.. How do you explain it?

Just curious, to those of you who do not believe in things like ghosts, spirits and hauntings, how do you explain the experiences people have had?

For example, the physical movement of physical objects. I have seen stuff get lifted and thrown right in front of my eyes.. I just wonder, how can one dismiss these sorts of things? Sure I imagine if you haven't seen it for your own eyes it would be hard to believe, but does that mean you just assume people who have had experiences like this are just liars, or delusional?

Just really curious as to what the explanation for these events is if you don't believe it is spirits etc.

Also anyone feel free to share some weird unexplainable experiences you have had here..

spiritualmama is offline Cherish every moment you have with your loved ones!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'd be interested to see what people say to KiaKai...Seeing what I have in my life time and telling other people I often get alot of people rationalize the things ( its the wind, the table was wet, you watch too much tv, its an old house, well i just dont know how that toy flew through the air).
    As for sharing things I'd be here for years but I will tell you the last thing. I was standing at the sink washing dishes, behind me was my daughters doll pram and standing next to it was the spirit of a little girl...I didnt make a fuss but just said to her, you can play with it if you like...I continued washing the dishes and when I finished I realised the pram had moved about half a meter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Maybe it was a draft.. lol
    I'm not trying to sound rude to those who don't believe it, but I am genuinely curious as to what the explanation is when all other rational ones don't apply.. do people just think you're a loon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hmm.. so nobody cares to enlighten me

bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    bumpity bump for lozaaa

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I don't know, I don't not believe, but I have never seen or experienced anything so I find it hard to comprehend that ghosts and stuff exist.

spiritualmama is offline Cherish every moment you have with your loved ones!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have a new latest incident....Just got home from being out all day and one of the kitchen cupboards is open (one i cant reach) and the comptuer chair is about a meter from the desk and is turned so it is facing away from the computer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by supa_star323
    ...I don't know, I don't not believe, but I have never seen or experienced anything so I find it hard to comprehend that ghosts and stuff exist.
    Same here. I am a serial cynic and doubter. I have no religious beliefs, nor belief in ghosts or an after life, because I simply can't put faith in those ideas and can't (or haven't) experienced them myself.

I guess for the OP's question how do you explain the experiences people have had? The answer would be that I don't try. I hear/read stories of ghosts or supernatural experiences, or even see magic acts, and simply take them as an interesting story with a vague thought that somewhere there is a trick or a rational explanation. I don't try to figure out what the explanation would be. I don't feel the need to discount someone else's experiences or beliefs. If they have an explanation they believe in, it is real for them, then that's fine with me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritualmama View Post
    I have a new latest incident....Just got home from being out all day and one of the kitchen cupboards is open (one i cant reach) and the comptuer chair is about a meter from the desk and is turned so it is facing away from the computer.
    do you have a webcam? next time you go out.. leave it to record..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spiritualmama View Post
    As for sharing things I'd be here for years but I will tell you the last thing. I was standing at the sink washing dishes, behind me was my daughters doll pram and standing next to it was the spirit of a little girl...I didnt make a fuss but just said to her, you can play with it if you like...I continued washing the dishes and when I finished I realised the pram had moved about half a meter.
    ooh spooky!
    i dont see things like that, i see things in my peripheral vision... you know, out of the corner of my eye.

a few months ago i was standing in the kitchen and typing on my laptop, and out of the corner of my eye i could see that DH was standing in the kitchen doorway. i kept looking at the laptop screen and quickly finished typing and at the same time thought how nice it was the DH had popped home from work (he works a couple of streets away from the house).

anyway, i suspect perhaps only a second or two passed between seeing DH in the doorway and looking up from my computer, only to see that no-one was in the doorway.

now i know i saw someone. mostly because i could still see the image of a black and white stripped top in my minds eye. and i remember thinking as i typed that DH had a different shirt on.

so when i saw no-one was in the doorway, i said out loud, "I know you're there."
    and on the fruit bowl, piled high with fruit on the kitchen table, just near the kitchen door, an orange, just rolled right off the pile of fruit.

and then yesterday evening, i was sitting with cuba on the couch. the girls in bed asleep waiting for DH to come home and i saw a really bright light out of the corner of my eye to the right of me, i mean it was really full on. i turned to see where the light came from and there was nothing there.