+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi

Hi thanks for the reply. I tried to post but couldnt quite figure it out, do you pay a fee?my main dilemna from a surrogacy point of view,seems to be not being in a cuople, it seems i would need an angel with an open mind on this. Im in victoria but any advice very very welcome. Hope all goes well with your journey with this. Karen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Karen,

I don't think you have to pay a fee. What happens when you press the 'post new thread' button at the top of the page?

The States all seem to have different laws and requirements unfortunately, so my advice probably wouldn't be any good to you. It might be more useful if you could find someone in Victoria to talk to. Perhaps you could check out http://www.surrogacyaustralia.org/ or join the yahoo group surroaustralia http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/surroaustralia/ and ask around there for some advice. I wish I could be more help.
    Last edited by panamahat; 22-10-2011 at 02:53. Reason: wrong link posted

Thanks
    Reviews
    UPDATE JULY 2012

Well we have finally been approved for TS in WA, we have found a clinic that will help us: The Keogh Institute for Medical Research at Sir Charles Gardner Hospital in Nedlands (IUI only, not IVF) and our surrogate has just done her first IUI last Friday. Now awaiting beta test 13th July. What a LONG and drawn out process!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=panamahat;6674014]UPDATE JULY 2012

Well we have finally been approved for TS in WA, we have found a clinic that will help us: The Keogh Institute for Medical Research at Sir Charles Gardner Hospital in Nedlands (IUI only, not IVF) and our surrogate has just done her first IUI last Friday. Now awaiting beta test 13th July. What a LONG and drawn out process!!

Hi Panamahat

We too have just done our first transfer with our surrogate and awaiting for the beta test on the 11th July. We did IVF though.
    It is such a lengthy process and by the time you get to the stage of doing the transfer your emotionally drained. I'm trying so hard not to get my hopes up, the waiting for the test feels like forever.
    We live in QLD and our surrogate is in NSW. We are being treated by Genea which used to be Sydney IVF.
    Good luck with the beta on the 15th

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Genea

Hi KDL1

I am attending Genea myself this week and was wondering which Dr you are seeing and how you have found them.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
    DM31

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi KDL1

I am attending Genea myself this week and was wondering which Dr you are seeing and how you have found them.

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards
    DM31

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by whitneyerin13 View Post
    hi Panamahat

did u find a sarrogate?
    i am interested in becoming a sarrogate mummy but would like to find the right couple 1st.
    I had a very easy healthy pregnancy and easy birth to a 9pound2 baby girl. she is now 9 months old so i would like to give my body a few more months rest. i loved my pregnancy and always wanted to be pregnant again but do not want more children of my own as i plan to foster children in 5 yrs or so.
    feel free to email me if u have no success in finding someone

Hi Whitney,

In QLD it is legal to use an altruistic donor but you are not allowed to advertise for one. Hence, a friend of a friend has been TTC for 7yrs with no children despite 27 embryos transferred. She is 33yo and has a lovely husband 37yo.

if you want to chat further about altruistic surrogacy, please email shannonpfundt@hotmail.com

Thanks, Shannon

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Success

This thread is so long and confusing now, with other people's conversations tacked on at the end, that I can't quite work out whether I've said: WE HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL AT LAST!

Millicent agreed to be our surrogate, and also to donate an egg (traditional surrogacy). She became pregnant on the second attempt and gave birth to our baby boy in April 2013.

Thanks to all who helped us along the way. It was a bit of a marathon, but we got there in the end.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by panamahat View Post
    This thread is so long and confusing now, with other people's conversations tacked on at the end, that I can't quite work out whether I've said: WE HAVE BEEN SUCCESSFUL AT LAST!

Millicent agreed to be our surrogate, and also to donate an egg (traditional surrogacy). She became pregnant on the second attempt and gave birth to our baby boy in April 2013.

Thanks to all who helped us along the way. It was a bit of a marathon, but we got there in the end.
    That is so amazing. It's great to hear such a wonderful story. We have been TTC for 7 yrs but I no longer have much in the way of blood supply to my uterus. I am about to freeze some embryos in hope that I too can find a surrogate one day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Post deleted by Star123
    Last edited by Star123; 07-11-2014 at 10:55.