+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SO happy for you

THis is wonderful news! YOu have been through such a long journey. Wish you all the best in the coming hurdles ... but I think you have already been through the biggest one!
    And what a wonderful person your surrogate is!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Huge congrats panamahat, I hope everything goes smoothly for all involved, and you get to hold your little bub before too long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just wanted to come and post here to let everyone know I am Panamahat's new surrogate. We have known each other through Bubhub for quite a while and have been supporting each other through our separate journey's. Coincidently we both found ourselves in a position where our individual surrogate journey's ended at the same time. I am a big believer in everything happening of a reason. And I am very excited to be "officially" starting this new journey!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thats great news Millicent

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky me!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lucky me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi this is my very first foray into this subject and my first visit to bubhubs forum.I have a gorgeous 5 year old girl who was concieved by ivf with my egg,but the pregnancy ended my chances of concieving again,altho I have 4 frozen embryos in storage.I had a very successfull career as an actor and am now lecturing 3 evenings a week which covers me fibancially very well.I own my own house and am a dedicated and loving mum who has enjoyed raising my child at home and making parenting my main role.My partner passed away but I am very supported by godparents and family.My dream is to give my little a girl a sister or brother and it breaks my heart that I am unable to do it.This is why I am putting the feelers out to see if by some miracle there may be someone in australia who may be able to help me complete our little,unconventional,yet extremely loving and and happy family.
    Id love to hear otherv peoples advice and stories also.
    thanks for reading karen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Karen,

I hope you can find someone on this forum who will be able to help you. I think it would be useful perhaps if you started your own thread, and posted your story there. This thread is a couple of years old now, and I have no idea if anyone is still reading it! Anyway, it would save confusion I think, if you posted your request directly. It would just be a shame if your story went unread because it was posted at the end of mine and nobody was reading this anymore.

I wish you the very best of luck. You don't say what state you are in, but if you are in WA let me know, and I might be able to point you in the right direction as far a the process goes- person to contact at RTC; a good clin psych for the counselling and an excellent family lawyer.

Simone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi to everyone who may still be following this thread. I guess a bit of an update is in order.

We spent 2011 getting approval for surrogacy with an egg donor, and we tried two IVF cycles to collect B's eggs to no avail. She under-stimmed both times and we had to give up, and everyone was very sad about the whole thing.

Millicent is willing to be a TS for us, but first we have to go through the whole Reproductive Technology Council approval process again. Because they haven't yet had any applicants, they haven't sorted out what their application form might look like, and what exactly their requirements are that we need to meet. We know they'll want a new legal agreement, so that is in the process of being drawn up, and we know they will want repeat clinical psych evaluations (and a report from him) so we all went in to get head-shrinked again on Tuesday (18th Oct 2011).

To the best of our knowledge, there is no clinic in Australia that will do the IVF procedure with my husbands' sperm and Millicent's egg, using her as the carrier. (PLEASE CONTACT ME IF YOU KNOW [FOR CERTAIN] OF ANY CLINIC THAT WILL DO IVF FOR TS). So we will have to use artificial insemination, which requires us to find and use an 'exempt' practitioner to do the procedure for us. Millicent is in the process of tracking one down for us, and meanwhile we wait for the RTC to finalise an application form so we can fill it out and start the three month cooling off period.

I hope I remember to come on and update this if we ever get approval!

So that was 2011- lots of counselling, legal wrangling, application to RTC, two failed donor cycles and starting again from scratch. (I also had another 'natural' pregnancy and miscarriage, three bouts of vertigo, a twelve week cold, an injured back for two months and a strained wrist, concurrently,for the same length of time).

I am pretty exhausted and need a good long rest. Having a holiday in the Blue Mountains with hubby for a bit of R&R in November. Can't wait!