Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi!
    how goes the hunt? hope everything is going well for you! xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mummy kitty, thanks for asking! I have a few folk pop in from time to time and register interest in helping me out, which is lovely. I am currently in talks with one particular lady, and we are still feeling our way to see if it will work with us.

I will report back when we have some firm news.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default thinkng of you and best of luck

Hi panamahat,

I am going to be in similar shoes to you soon. Due to uterine cancer, I need to have a hysterectomy. We have had 3 IVF cycles in 3 mths which was quite taxing; however, the good new is that we produced 5 good embryos that are now frozen.

The next step is recovery, then looking for a surrogate mom.

Just popping in to wish you all the best with whatever option you end up taking.
    Sounds like things are looking up for you.
    Best of luck.

-wlee9462-

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    i would LOVe to help but apparently i have a 5 year wait before im old enough not happy! i can and have birthed happy healthy babies but oh well... if you are looking for a surrogate when im of age id be happy to help you out! im so sorry i cant now good luck!! and once again sooo sorry... to above poster dep on your timeline id be happy to help you out xox

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Mummykitty - yeah, sorry to hear that spanner in the works. Dang laws! You know, though, building a relationship with a potential IP (intended parent) can take a long time, and it wouldn't be a silly idea to start frequenting forums such as aussie egg donors and surro australia, to make some friendships, find out more about the process etc. That way, when your five year wait is up, you'll be a full bottle, and SO ready to go!!

At time of posting:

Kel is the ‘owner’ of the surroaustralia forum, and you can email her on surroaustralia-owner@yahoogroups.com to introduce yourself and ask to join. Then you can see the forum at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/surroaustralia/

Aussie Egg Donors Moderators are Rachel and Amanda. You can email them on info@aussieeggdonors.com to introduce yourself and ask to join. Then you can see the forum at http://www.aussieeggdonors.com/phpBB3/index.php

I highly recommend ANYONE interested in the idea of surrogacy get involved in these communities as soon as possible.

@Wlee- I am sorry to hear about your uterine cancer, and I hope your recovery is smooth. Glad to hear you have five good emboss, and I hope you find someone to incubate them for you soon! Best of luck. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    So last weekend, the lady I was in talks with officially decided she couldn't do surrogacy. And I am officially back in the hunt!

I am always happy to hear from people willing to be gestational surrogates. I think it is an amazing gift to give someone, and only special people offer such a thing.

However, I do need to say that it can be quite traumatic at my end, getting my hopes up all the time, only to have my heart broken again because the kind person offering hasn't perhaps thought everything through, and then has to withdraw her offer, for whatever reason.

So please, before contacting me, can you please do these things?:

Make sure you are over 25
    Make sure you have given birth at least once
    (these two points are required by law in my state)
    Make sure you have finished having your family
    Make sure you have talked at length with your partner about the risks involved, and ensure he is 100% on board with the idea.

It would also be helpful if you could check out the reproductive technology council's website
    http://www.rtc.org.au/consumer/surrogacy_wa.html
    to get some frequently asked questions answered. You might find that something on there makes you realise you are not eligable or simply don't want to do this. And that will save heartache for both of us.

I also highly recommend joining a couple of forums, if you are unsure if surrogacy is the thing for you. There you will meet people who have been through the process (on either side of the fence) and hear success AND failure stories. You will hear about the rewarding aspects and the frustrations. You will build relationships. And in this way you will come to know if you want to take your journey further. I'll re-post this entry from a previous post:

Kel is the ‘owner’ of the surroaustralia forum, and you can email her on surroaustralia-owner@yahoogroups.com to introduce yourself and ask to join. Then you can see the forum at http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/surroaustralia/

Aussie Egg Donors Moderators are Rachel and Amanda. You can email them on info@aussieeggdonors.com to introduce yourself and ask to join. Then you can see the forum at http://www.aussieeggdonors.com/phpBB3/index.php

I hope this massive 'list of requirements' doesn't make me sound ungrateful, because I really don't mean to be. All I want is to make this process a little easier on myself, so I can protect my heart from unnecessary knockbacks. I'm sorry if that sounds selfish, but I feel like right now I need to look after myself as much as possible. And if you've made it through all of this, then I know you're serious, and we can start talking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi There,

I have sent you an email...fingers crossed I have the correct address! xo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi hopetobehelpful, you found me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just wanted to post to let everyone know that I have definitely found my surro angel, and that we are waiting for the clinic to accept us as patients. Then we can go through the Reproductive Technology Council application process and hopefully we will be approved.

It is still going to be a long journey, but at least we are now at step ONE!

Thank you to everyone who supported me to get this far.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Congratulations!