+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Mishy,

I live in the south west of western australia. Where are you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    PH

I have conceived 'naturally' 6 times. Two ended in ectopic, the other four in early miscarriages. I have done IVF with PGD twice, and had only two normal embryos to replace. In that cycle I got a BFP but suffered yet another early miscarriage.
    I don't know your full story and am only going off what I have read in this post:

To me this actually indicates that you would be better off with a TS rather than a GS. As there appears to be an 'issue' with the embryo's possibly. It's just that you might very well face the same sort of results with a GS (m/c).

There is still a lot not understood about embie quality - has there actually been any issues that it indicates implantation? What sort of results came from recurrent m/c testing (obviously something for PGD to be undertaken).

I personally recommend considering doing a egg donor cycle and seeing if the 'change' of eggs is likely to bring a different result. Also when you did PGD did they also do a SCSA or tunnel assay on the DNA in your DP/DH sperm?
    Just this can be a cause of m/c.

I personally think that either ED or TS is going to provide you with more of a result or at least more information.

Good Luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jackie,

My husband's SCSA came back fine. I have had every test known to man for recurrent miscarriage. I have high thromboelastography and just discovered a reverseT3 issue.

I have an egg donor lined up for next year, and if I can get my thyroid sorted out before she cycles, I might put an embie back in me. I agree it is likely an egg issue and worth a shot. However, reverse T3 dominance also is a cause of early miscarriage and I would hate to waste her embryos in a crappy environment.

So, if I can't get the thyroid issues sorted out, then I will want a GS. I don't want a TS only because I want to use my friend's eggs. She lives in the same town and our children will be close.

Does this make a bit more sense? Sorry I wasn't clearer earlier!

Simone

Thanks
    Reviews
    PH thanks for explaining it a bit more.

So my question now is with your friend being an ED for you - I am guessing she is not comfortable with being TS?

Are you planning on using the ED created embies in a GS situation?

Or are you planning on using embies created from your own genetics?

Just am now a little lost with this comment
    I don't want a TS only because I want to use my friend's eggs
    good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, my ED does not want to be a surrogate. I am hoping, ideally, to find a surrogate to carry her embies. If that is not possible in the short term, I will replace them in my own womb, but only if my thyroid issue is sorted out first.

Also, I would like to cycle with my own eggs, freeze some embryos if there are any after PGD, and try with them in a surrogate, if it turns out that accessing a clinic who will take a GS with ED is too hard.

Basically, I am just trying to cover all bases, with a lot of unknown variables. It is difficult.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like the best plan of attack in your specific case.

I really wish you all the very best!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey PH, if you are trying to use ED with a surro in WA you might find it a little tricky as my IM and I are having problems finding a clinic here willing to do it. However Fertility First in Sydney will. My IM is in Brisbane, so not such a big deal to have to go to Sydney, just a bit of a pain. Doing it here in WA would've been much easier.

But there is a possibility that if you do create some embies with your friends eggs to use for yourself, then any left over would be fine to use with a surro. Apparently if the embies have already been created and you "own" them, they are willing to implant them in a surro. Hope that makes sense.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Millicent, that is good advice. I have decided on a lovely doctor with Concept, and we are about to try and organise the counselling sessions with my donor and her partner. It is tricky, because they are both teachers, and we all live in the south-west so finding a day we can all take off at the same time, in which the counsellor has a 3hr free slot, may be a bit of a nightmare.

Anyway, it will be great to get through this hoop and onto cycling. Then we can make the next decision... And HOPEFULLY a beautiful GS will have found us by then. Please keep your fingers crossed for us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi panamahat,

Just reading your story again, and wanted to say I wish you every success in finding your surro angel. I was very lucky enough to find mine in Millicent and I know you will find yours so hang in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Losty. I know you were lucky to find Millicent, she's pure gold!

Just giving this post a bump, as I'm still searching for my own angel, and hoping she will find me soon

We have passed the first stage of counselling for donor eggs, and now waiting out WA's mandatory 3 month cooling off period. Final counselling session booked for 4th March 2010, after which time we can proceed with a donor egg cycle.

Meanwhile, Merry Silly Season to you all!