+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Asabusymum View Post
    I didnt see a part of the OP that said..

please give me your opinions on cord blood storage and what I am doing.

Just ideas on HOW to do it nicely.

Welcome to bubhub Meliecinta.
    xoxox
    Agreed!

Some people can't help themselves

I'm a terrible at this sort of thing Meliecinta, but good luck with your shower AND your cord blood storage

Fuchsia! is offline Winner 2009 - Best Signature
    Winner 2010- The Best Signature Award
    Shmoooooooosh! AKA jaxcoop
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I personally think its rude. Honestly of you have everything then i would just ask for no presents or donate it to a babies charity like SIDS.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm not sure there is a genuinely polite way to tell people that whilst you expect that they will give you presents, you would prefer their cash .. but I would probably say that what ASABUSYMUM has suggested would be your best bet, at least that is honest and people might feel more comfortable offering up their wallets for something tangible.

Congratulations BTW

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Yep welcome Meliecenta

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I know what you are trying to do, but only you know how your guests will take the idea of giving money.... I personally HATE asking for money and think its rude. But I can see your point and your cause. I would just say that a small contribution to our cord blood storage would be apprecited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger - Thanks100 Posts in a week
    If you are going to ask for money, can I suggest an anonymous set up where when you send the invite, you send an pretty envelope. People then put money in but don't say who it's from.

As someone that doesn't have a lot of money to spend on this sort of stuff, I might feel embarrassed by being asked for money. The 20 I can afford I can buy something on special for 40, But the $20 cash on it's own might seem tight so personally I would prefer to give anon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It wouldn't worry me if I knew the person well. would rather contribute to what they want than buy them seomthing they already have 15 of *shrug*

No idea on the wording but I think as long as you mention what the money would be for it would be okay. I've never heard of a wishing well for a baby shower but if a friend wanted help buying a big ticket item I'd be happy to contribute.

MillipedesMummy is offline Mummy always says 'You pick it, you flick it'!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I understand some people are uncomfortable with giving cash, I like the idea delirium had to put an envelope in with the invitation. I'm sure if the people you're inviting (being your friends and family) know you and understand that this is something you believe in, then they wont have a problem with it.

And frankly, we all know that baby showers are all about getting presents anyway (who are we kidding? that's what they're for!) I know when I'm invited to a baby shower I take a gift, so if someone asked for money and I didn't have to agonize over what to get them (which I would do as I am extremely indecisive) then I'd be fine with it. What's the difference between asking for cash at a baby shower and asking for it for a wedding?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    When I first read this, I thought you were going to ask for money to buy whatever you wanted and I thought wow, that's really rude but when I read that it was for cord blood storage, I think it's fine. I wouldn't be offended if I was asked to do that instead. Maybe she could just put a note at the bottom that says if you wish to bring a gift and are stuck for a gift idea (Mum's name) and (Dad's name) would like to arrange to have baby's chord blood stored and would appreciate a donation to this very valuable (and costly) cause.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by loulou83 View Post
    I understand some people are uncomfortable with giving cash, I like the idea delirium had to put an envelope in with the invitation. I'm sure if the people you're inviting (being your friends and family) know you and understand that this is something you believe in, then they wont have a problem with it.

And frankly, we all know that baby showers are all about getting presents anyway (who are we kidding? that's what they're for!) I know when I'm invited to a baby shower I take a gift, so if someone asked for money and I didn't have to agonize over what to get them (which I would do as I am extremely indecisive) then I'd be fine with it. What's the difference between asking for cash at a baby shower and asking for it for a wedding?
    Granted I've only had one child so not really all that knowledgeble in the baby shower stakes but I didn't realise people had them just to get gifts!

My friends threw me a surprise one and i thought it was a party to celebrate me being pregnant, I was shocked at all of the things we got! Especially when those same individuals bought her more presents when she was born, I was really (pleasantly) surprised

I think it works better when you aren't expecting anything, when your expectations are low you can't be disapointed