+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    A Party of Five is offline Winner 2008 � Most Boring Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mum2b09 View Post
    Although your DF may not want to go through the pain again lol.

I don't think you're crazy, I want a big family too.
    He said that it was not as bad as he thought it was going to be

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would love to go again and when i bought it up with DH he said " I am a 43 yr old man I do not want anymore children esp twins again, I would leave" so.......................................
    I would say that is a NO for us

mind you I am the one who does all the work

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    DH has wanted two kids and i've always been keen on three...
    But when we found out about having twins...DH said yay our families complete.

I wanted one of each but we're having two boys...i've told DH that maybe in 2 yrs time or 3 yrs time i'd like to try for our third - a girl...although I know that there is also a chance of having a boy too but I don't mind it...either way i would like to try for a third...but ask me this same question in 6 months time when am trying to get my two to quieten down.

On a serious note...it all depends how everything goes for me coping wise I think but if we do give it a go, we'll try for natural this time round and if it happens it happens, we won't go for IVF like we did for our boys we've decided.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We went back for more. Now I have a 3.5 year old, twins 17 months and a 1 week old boy

I absolutely do not regret having my number 4, and love the fact that all my kids will be close in age but I agree with charlis mum that a 3 or 4 year age gap would have been much easier to handle. My 3 year old plays independently, understands what i am doing with the baby and can patiently wait while I feed. The twins on the other hand.....

But, for those of you who have had twins first, you will find just one baby an absolute breeze. When Eli is colicky, I can cuddle him on my chest, when he is hungry i can pop him on the boob even if i am at the shops. i think back to the twins, and realise how hard it was, even though at the time we handled it ok. You cant just cuddle one while the other is also crying, tandem feeding means i had to rush home every 2 to 3 hours, etc etc. While I was pregnant with Eli I wished that I was having twins again, but now I'm perfectly happy with 'just' one baby!

Thanks
    Reviews
    me!

due march 2010, just one this time

Thanks
    Reviews
    I want to go back, but hubby doesnt..Our twins are 3.5yrs old now....I would of liked to have had another one by now, cause I never wanted this big a gap....

If I can convince hubby to go back, it will have to be soon, cause I really dont want too much more than 5yrs difference.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh, that wouldn't be too bad - 5 years difference means that the twins are at school when the newie comes along - so no childcare costs but you still get one on one (or twin time, of course) with bubba!

HelenHasTwins is offline Oh the love I have for my twin boys! How wonderful a feeling it is...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yep we are going to try for another child when the boys are about 2...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can't bring myself to say never but I'm pretty certain we're done although DP keeps saying he'd like triplets, so when he can carry them he can have them

We're slightly different in that our twins are our youngest and we have a very large gap between the oldest children and the twins.

Singletons are definitely easier than multiples, my first two were both colicky babies but it was a snack compared to having two reflux babies.