+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi, I can recall one parent from my sons rugby union days, he was actually banned from the field if his son was playing. This man would yell and scream and run along the sidelines for the entire match, and God help the poor ref if he thought some call was wrong. I did see one father of another team, grab his son of about 14, and twist the kids arm up his back, (like a police officer arresting someone) and march him to his car, I was scared to think what else he would have done to the poor teenager when they got home. I was glad when my son decided to stop playing. I know not everyone is like this, but the small number who do misbehave give everyone else the bad name. Marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    DS1 has been involved in sport for the past 8 years and we have seen/heard some pretty bad behavious and language from parents, but one incident a few weeks ago took the cake.

DS1 (14) was playing against a rather aggresive and intimidating team (he plays soccer).

There was quite a bit of foul language coming from the oppositions sideline.

Then DS kicked a goal.

We were standing behind the goal and I shouted out "Great goal J. Well done!!"

The goalie then turned around to me and told me to "Shut the F up you stupid S--T".

This was me --- .

Then said goalies supporters/parents said "Thats right mate. You tell her!"

Then this was me ---.

We walked away to the complete opposite side of the ground as to not have it go any further.

What chance does that kid get at being taught to be a good sport.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yup I have. From parents to the kids playing, between people on the sidelines. Family members towards coaches, coaches towards the people they are coaching.

It's disgusting and feral IMO!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lozzaaa View Post
    There is nothing abusive about meditating, but getting your child to meditate to imagine winning for an hour is a bit much IMO. What ever happened to teaching your children about playing as hard and as fair as you can, be the best you can be, but you don't have to win - sure it is nice every now and then but it isn't the be all and end all of everything. I think that some parents live vicariously through their children or put too much pressure on their children to win.

I agree with this. Kids need to know what its like to lose sometimes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakois View Post
    Then DS kicked a goal.

We were standing behind the goal and I shouted out "Great goal J. Well done!!"

The goalie then turned around to me and told me to "Shut the F up you stupid S--T".

Then said goalies supporters/parents said "Thats right mate. You tell her!"

Geeeeezus.

How can people condone behaviour like that from their own child?