+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Talking centrelink payment for tax

hi my name is kylie and i was wondering if anyone new about the $300 lump sum given to u by centrelink during tax time? I know its about $750 if ur a single mum, and $300 if ur not. I was just told by a few mums and was wondering if anyone knew for sure?

cheers, kylie xoxox

p.s.my email address is kylieg_2@hotmail.com if anyone would like to email me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi,
    I think you are referring to Family Benefit Part B supplement of $306.60 max per family.This is paid after you have lodged your tax return for the year and they work out if you are entitled to receive it.The same goes for FTB Part A supplement of $627.80 max per child. They use it to top up your account or against any debt you with them. HTH Cheers Jen

Thanks
    Reviews

Cool Hi

Hi

Yes, that is right, but the Part A Supplement for 2004/05 year is only $150 per family, as it only runs from January 2005 to June 2005. Then for the 2005/06 year it goes to the higher amount.

And Part B for 2004/05 is around $613 and then goes higher for 2005/06 tax year. I enquired from Family Assistance Office and they sent me an email with details.

Also, if you have a child born before July 2004, not sure what date it started though, you would be entitled to the baby bonus, which is a minimum of $500 ... wheter you have to lodge a tax return or not. My son was born January 14, 2004 and I get it. You can get this up until the child turns 5 !!!

Cheers.
    Donna.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    If you are not lodgeing(?) a tax return you must notify family assistance so you will get the supplement automatically.

Thanks
    Reviews
    From what I heard from Centrelink. You get $150 per family now but if they where born during the year it is worked out at a certain amount per day since birth. $600 per child and same applies if they where born mid year. Thats what I have heard anyway.