+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Question How did you know you were ready for bub number two?

I'm thinking it might be time, but doubting myself.
    So, how did you know you were ready for bub number two?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I personally have always wanted a smaller age gap - so that is what prompted me to try for bub number two.
    I felt it would be better in the long run. I guess basically want to get the first few years out the way by having them close - rather then have bub number one older only to be thrown back into baby/toddler hood just as it was all over (if that makes sense?).
    I also figure it will be easier when they are older as they would, hopefully, get along well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yes MM, that's what I think too, that I don't want to be raising toddlers for ten years but rather have it all within say 5 years. hmmm....

Thanks
    Reviews
    bumpetty *bump*

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I always wanted to have my children close together and two days after DD1 was born DH and I were both ready to go again. We gave ourselves 6 months to see if our feelings had changed, which they hadn't, and so we started ttc DD2. It took us 7 months so we have a 21 month age gap between those two. I love the age gap.
    The decision for no. 2 was always an easy one for us. It was no. 3 that we went back and forth on constantly until we decided no and then we got surprsied anyway

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    a few things...my age, wanting around a 2 yr gap between kids, energy wise to at the point do it again, and generally feeling ready within myself

Thanks
    Reviews
    The energy factor is really something I should factor in. I think my energy levels drop month by month ATM, and I'm only 28

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    lol I hear you Im 32 almost 33 and def dont feel like i did at 22...DH agrees too! But I have more than what I did when my DD was younger that's for sure! For me why prolonge the inevitable I am also one who doesnt want to be spreading out having kids over 10yrs I want to go back to work and buy a house for my children...

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I didn't know I was ready for #2 and I still don't

We always said we wanted a 2 year age gap between our kids and when DS turned 1, DH brought it up and he was told in no uncertain terms to get away from me !!!!

I honestly don't know how I'll handle 2. Our age gap will be 4 years and to be completely honest, that's what really prompted us(me) to go for #2. There's a big age gap between me and my sister and I hate it. I didn't want that for my kids.