+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Family tax benefit supplement

Hi
    My husband and I lodged our tax returns (I didn't earn anything this financial year) and a few days later we received about $500 in our account for Being underpaid for FTB A and FTB B.
    We have recently received a smaller amount of money for Child care rebate and childcare benefit.
    Is the FTB A and FTB B payment we received the same as the supplement payment you get after the end of financial year ?
    Our baby was born in December 08 and we were told we should get about $600 per child per year as a government payment - )maybe less as She is not a full year old)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Yep sounds like that is your share of the reconciliation that is done on FTB at the end of financial year when you do your tax.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah that would be it//

Thanks
    Reviews

Default family tax benefit supplement

hi, just a little bit confused with this whole family tax benefit thing, first time mother, sorry guys..

what i was just wondering was, my partner just recently done his tax 4-5days ago and Ive just advise centrelink that i didn't have to lodge a non logdement of tax this year as i was only receiving government money.

how long do you actually have to wait to receive the family tax benefit supplement, and how much to do actually receive from centrelink?

basically between my partner and i our income for this year only came to $22,000 its because i was only receiving parenting payment partnered and he was only worked for the 5months, and i just did his tax last week on tuesday??

if anyone who knows any knowledge of this family tax benefit supplement and about being in a parenting partnered payment with centrelink please get back to me, thanks heaps

Hooves is offline My children/my legacy, the best of me is inside them.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Parenting payment partnered is taxable. Not much, but a little bit of it is.

I had to lodge a tax return for myself. Just because of this.

Once the ato, and centrelink reconcile, you will be paid, the balance, of any money they owe you. And you should also get the family tax benefit supps. Which is $711 (and something), per child, and $300 (and something), for ftb part b.

As your income is low, I would imagine they will owe you something.

Thanks
    Reviews
    once tax is lodged, generally how long does it take centrelink to assess etc and money paid (if due) we ad our tax lodged last week

Thanks
    Reviews
    are we still getting these payments ? ive done our tax and was wondering what happens as there have been alot of changes this year?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I received my tax last Thursday and have not received anything from centrelink as yet. Although i have received CCB arrears. Guess its just a waiting game now, and i cant call as it is over 30min wait.