ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts

Question Can the luteal phase change from month to month?

ie, can a woman ovulate at different times from one month to the next? The reason I ask is that DH and I DTD and used the withdrawal method (worked for us for 8 years prior to DS, I might add, then he only took one BD to conceive). We're not actively TTC#2, but not exactly avoiding pregnancy IYKWIM, we do want another at some point

I checked my cycle dates the next day and we had BD'd on about day 23 of the cycle, and if my luteal phase was 14 days, I would no longer have been fertile, according to an online fertility calculator.

The thing is, since my AF returned after a lovely 19 month break (still BFing DS), my cycles have been VERY regular, pretty much exactly 28 days, maybe the odd 29 day one. As of right now, I'm 2 days late for AF and no sign of her, apart from a bit of cramping about 4 or 5 days after we BD'd and right now I'm sitting here and can feel ever so slight period like 'feelings' (not like a cramp though, very very mild).

Has anyone ever conceived AFTER the time when they thought they were fertile?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    the fertility window is about 5-7 days...

sperm can live in you for up to 5 days and an egg can be fertile for up to 2 days.

So there is opportunity to catch after ovulation

HOwever, if you bd's on day 24 of a 29 day cycle - i would have thought it was more unlikely

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks! It's probably just AF taking her time arriving, and unless I ovulated late in this cycle it's unlikely that I'm UTD. I would love it if I were pg, but it's probably wishful thinking

BabyJoy is offline It's fun to paint in the nude!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It is possible to ovulate more than once... or release more than one egg.
    Apparently women can ovulate also during their lunar cycle. You'll have to google this as I don't know how it's figured out... not much help sorry!

Thanks
    Reviews
    When an old friend of mine was TTC she fell pregnant 2 days before AF was due , so anything is possible

and goodluck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Your luteal phase (O to AF) should be fairly consistent. Its your follicular phase (AF to O) that can vary (for those of us who don't have a cycle set in stone).

Last month I Oed on CD18 and this month it was CD20, so I'm expecting a 33 day cycle instead of 31days. Hope this helps.