ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ButterflyKissesX is offline Cant wait to meet my Beautiful Baby!!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Question Have you had a Positive Posterior Labour??

I found out last week that my bubs has decided to turn Posterior and its really starting to worry me ive been spending heaps of time on all fours and on the birth ball but my baby girl is not budging xx

Everything I seem to read about Posterior births ends in Epis, Forceps and Csars I really was hoping for a nicer experience this time after 27 hours of hell with my son xxx

Any positive storys to share would be grat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I've had two!
    My son was ROP (So he was spine-to-spine but slightly to the right) I spent weeks on my hands and knees, birthing ball, etc. Nothing. Didn't budge.

I went into labour about 8pm on a Monday night - just light back cramps. Went to bed, woke up in the morning with the pains a bit worse, vomited, had a hind waterleak while vomiting. Called husband to tell him to turn around from his commute to work and come and get me. Went to the hospital... eventually convinced them to let me stay... about 6pm I finally got into a birthing suite at the hospital (had been there since 9am)
    I was 4cm dilated, they ruptured my membrames, gave me gas and rolled me on my side with heat packs on my back.. I screamed for an hour () and out he came, 1 hour and 22 minutes later.
    He turned in labour when they moved me onto my side. My AIM was to have an active labour but because of the speed I didn't get off the bed.

With my daughter, she was ROA (So spine-to-belly but to the right - LOA is optimal) and she decided to go the LONG FREAKING WAY AROUND. Contractions started lightly on Wednesday morning. By Thursday morning it was apparent that I had another hind water leak and called my midwife, got to the hospital about 7.30.
    Did not get on the bed ONCE. I walked, I swayed and I foud great relief pushing my back/butt against a door frame and leaning to press my arms on the other REALLY pushing into my back.. she started moving around.. I had incredible pain in my hips - oh god my hips. When I had the hip pain I found it great to hang off something (they put a birthing bar on the end of the bed so I could walk up to it and pull down.
    I also would lean and have one foot up on a stool, to encourage her to move around... I knew instinctually which leg to lift.
    Got in the shower and the back pain was present... then back to the hips.
    Eventually got into the birthing pool, the pain was immediately taken off my hips, I laboured quite calmly... it was nice and peaceful in there.. and then it was time to push, my waters broke naturally and out she came

Although the speed birth of my son seems to be like a nice way to go, I loved my daughter's birth much more I loved that I could talk between contractions (due to the midwife breaking my waters I had contraction-on-top-of-contraction with my son)
    I loved being active in my daughter's labour, the pain was easier to deal with... and she turned, he turned, and they both came out with no intervention - and both out in quick pushes.

I won't lie, it hurts, there's a back pain that you can't shake - but labour isn't meant to tickle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Mine was a VBAC and i had nothing but a bit of gas and a couple of hours of labour. It wasnt worse that the other V/Bs but different oain wise and i knew something was different, just didnt know what until everyone in the room saw his face and not the back of his head!

Thanks
    Reviews
    yes - the mid wife helped me to roll over after each contraction (tiring but she turned.) I just went from left to right and right to left after each one and it was all sweet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    my dd was, but i was in labour for 9.5 hours and pushed her out in 30 min with no stitches or tears or intervention.. they had me booked in for a c/s saying i would not be able to do it but i did!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My eldest son and my daughter were both posterior when I went into labour and i laboured on all fours and they turned just before I felt the urge to push.
    I delivered DS on my back and DD on all fours, the back pain during contractions was excruciating but i delivered naturally without any tears. Their labours were slower and my body kept fighting the contractions, DD labour actually stopped and I had to do laps of the hospital to get it restarted. It was overall a positive experience but i'm hoping my fourth will not be posterior as the labour was longer and harder.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DD was posterior until the middle of my labour and she turned! so dont give up hope!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    after 45 mins on all fours during labour bubs turned around ( i went from 4-10cm) and she was born with 15mins of pushing. GOODLUCK!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    My dd was posterior, and although I had an epidural because the contractions were very strong I pushed her out in 50 minutes only 8 hours into being induced. It was a very positive experience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Ds was posterior and I successfully had a vaginal birth with only gas. I almost needed the vaccume thing but bubs decided to turn at the very last minute. Was very positive and I was very proud of myself.