+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default How far did you travel ...

We have moved and i am think about having a 3rd bub and would like to go private but all the private hospitals in our area i am not keen on. I am thinking of going to Francis Perry but it is about 45min drive away. Is that too far, i hated the drive into hospital last time and that was only 20min.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What were your first two labours like?

My private hospital was only 20 minutes away, but as my labour was only 1.5 hours I didn't make it (didn't realise everything was going so fast and we were at a friend's house), we went to the public which was only 10 minutes away.

If your labours aren't unusually short I'd say go for it, just make sure you don't leave too late.

Is it 45 minutes on a good day, and longer if there was traffic etc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    On a good day 45min.. had a long labour 20+ hours. But i know to move it if my water breaks as he came quickly after that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    The only hospy for me is 1hr15mins away. My last labour was 45mins so distance does make me nervous for what will happen in the coming weeks.
    Like sammiesnail said, what were your other labours like? I know every birth is different but that may help you decide.
    I am just making allowances for distance, may even go stay somewhere so I am closer by.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that i will stay away from the city, just would not like to be in labour and stuck in peak hour.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickimumto1 View Post
    I think that i will stay away from the city, just would not like to be in labour and stuck in peak hour.
    Sounds like a plan as city traffic can be pretty unpredictable, so can the time bub decides to come
    Even though my trip is longish it is 100km speed limit nearly all the way, bar the 30km of gravel road. Not much other traffic to contend with bar the odd tractor lol.

Hope you find somewhere closer that you are happy with.

Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nickimumto1 View Post

the closest hospital is an hour away when the traffic is flowing. and i was trying to get there in peak hour.
    Yelling at the cars didnt help or make me feel any better

Thanks
    Reviews
    My hospie for DD was about that far away.....going private 2nd time around was the best thing ever and it was the best hospital experience so I'm glad I did it, even though there were other private hospitals closer, I wanted to go to one in particular. I would do the same if I ever have another child.

My ob induced me a week early, cos of fast labour with DS and the distance.

But I also prepared myself with acupuncture hoping the induction wouldn't be bad, and it worked, another quickie

Thanks
    Reviews
    I cant be induced as i had a previous c-section, so it will be a dash to hospy for me.

Just hope we can plan it around trafic my DH wanted to speed to the hospital this time but i yelled at him if he was too rough and there was too much trafic. When we got there he said that he was just glad that my water did not break in the car, as it would damage the seats.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I see your in se melb, which area?

We moved from moorabbin before we fell pg, but if we were still there I most likely would have gone francess perry. We ended up going to Pennisula Priv (LOVE IT) and i have also heard good things about waverley private?