+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Exhausted with 3rd pregnancy

Hi

I'm nearly 18 weeks pregnant with my 3rd baby (first nearly 3 and second 17 months). I know that it can be exhausting just looking after 2 active toddlers, let alone being pregnant, but I cannot get over how exhausted I am day to day. I try to get my husband to help out when he's home, but he was raised by a mother who did everything for him, and so isn't much help. I'm going for daily walks with the kids as well as swimming and pilates once a week, so I know it's not a result of being sedentary. I am working at home 1-2 days a week as well.

I know I'm not the first to have a third (or more) child. Did any of you who went through a 3rd or subsequent pregnancy also feel this way? If so, how did you cope?

R

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Poor Us

Ruth,

I know exactly how you feel, I am 33 weeks gone with numero 3, my DD will be four on Tuesday and DS is 2 and a half. I can honestly say, I am completely buggered at the end of each day and it is a rare sight to see me out in loungeroom past 7.30pm. My husband also is generally pretty useless around the house (but he has many other redemming features).

I must say that for some reason the tiredness has improved as the pregnancy has progressed, which I did not expect. I went through a guilty stage where I was to stuffed to anything much with my kids, but they did not seem to worried so I got over that pretty quick.

I don't partake of any regular exercise anymore ie. walking each day, but make more of an effort to do things with the kids instead, like crafty things and cooking I think this helped also. I know that it is just a huge effort to get us all dressed and ready for the day if we are going out somewhere. Go easy on yourself, you work from home, and have two small babies, you are knocked up again with a house to manage without much help.

I must say though, I have become quite the optimist, each night I think I am going to have a good sleep tonight and feel so much better tommorow. It never happens but for some reason I keep on thinking it. I also wonder how I am going go when the next bub is here and then I am really tired, but at least by then I will feel better, pregnancy does not seem to agree with me.

I have rambled on enough, go easy on yourself, rest as much as you possibly can, it is only for a short time and it will pass.

I would also love to hear from anyone else who has three small children and how they coped.
    Last edited by sopolicha; 27-07-2005 at 12:17. Reason: i ain't got no good grammar

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm 13 weeks with #3, and I'm stuffed all the time. Utterly exhausted.

I'm still keeping up some regular exercise, but it is hard yakka.

Getting through the work week is nearly killing me, but fortunately the tiredness is a little better than it was at 8-9 weeks, when I was finding I was nearly too tired to be able to drive home.

I'm planning on working up until Christmas, at which time I'll be 34 weeks, but just now, I'm not sure I'm going to go the distance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Thumbs up No Number 4!!

Hi all,
    I am also 33 weeks with number 3 ( have 6 year old dd and 4 year old ds) I am , and have been since week 4, completely exhausted. I don't sleep particularly well, waking every 1.5 hrs to go to loo since the beginning as well. I worked (until today) 3 days a week as a hairdresser and i found on my days off i could not stay awake...literally.If i sat on the lounge, i would nod off and nothing would wake me.This is so not me Very strange to say the least. I begin to wonder if its because i'm older now (33), or is it because im running after 2 very energetic kids and of course the addition of school and preschool to contend with. I think life will be easier after baby is born, i hope to get more sleep at night anyway Thats the plan!!
    Cheers Jen

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm sure some of my problem is that I am older. I'm 39, and compared to being pregnant at 34 or 24, it's many times worse.

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Age?

I wondered about the age thing also and if it made me tireder. But I am only 33 too. Who knows? I also think that this baby is real nasty kicker inside but is it only because my stomach muscles must be completely gone by now?

I have sat on the lounge during the day, only to be woken up a bit later by my kids saying either Mum, we're hungry or Mum, the video stopped ages ago. A bit scary.

At least Jen you will hopefully be able to get some day sleep during school and pre-school hours.

Why do we do it

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default I'm calling the Pope myself

You all need a sainthood as far as I'm concerned.

I only have two (and I have never put the word only before 2!) and I thought that was hard enough.

I could not even BEGIN TO IMAGINE how you cope with 2 and manage a pregnancy, which in itself is tiring.

Good luck to all of you and I hope your number three's are quiet, easy pleased and sleepy!

Thanks
    Reviews

Question can i ask you all ?

hi all you amzing chicks
    im the mum of two boys aged 5 and one years old.
    i realy want a third but am thinking of the cost and space.
    did you all have to think hard before you created baby number 3 or was it just a natural progression?
    im also a bit worried about the response i'll get from family ,they all thought having number two on one wage was insane but i just love my family and would love to see it grow .
    any comments would be gratelly accepted love mummyb

Thanks
    Reviews

Default no thought at all

Hello mummyb,

I agree with you, I would love to hear how number three happened to everyone else.

For us it was unplanned, even though we should have known better, having said that, I never really set out to get pregnant the previous two times. We are also on one wage, and seem to manage quite well. I am still unsure if I would have set out deliberately for number three.

At the end of the day I couldn't say if I would of set out to have three or not - quite possibily, but I love my kids and get so much enjoyment out of them so what is one more, except for when high school comes along, but I figured by then I will be working so it will all work out.

Never mind what your family say, if you think you can manage in everyway then do it. would you be looking for a little pink one?
    Last edited by sopolicha; 30-07-2005 at 13:32.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ours was very much planned. We were actually going to go for 5, but I've been so tired this pregnancy that I've decided to stop for now. I'm 36, which might have something to do with it. Unfortuantely that also means I only have a few years left where I'll consider childbearing as I don't want to be pregnant in my 40's.

I wanted at least 3 because I was one of 2 and although my sister and I get on, we are not really close. I've seen so many families with 3 or more with the children quite close and thought I'd like that for my children.