+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 19 weeks and just slipped over... advice please

Hi girls,

im 19 weeks and i just fell over getting into the shower, it happened so fast that i dont know if i actually fell my my tummy or not, my right hip and the right side of my bottom hurt and so does the front of my right thigh, i think i kind of bounced a little. Do you think i should see someone? dh isnt home at the moment and i dont have a car. I have an ultra sound on thursday. If something is wrong how will i know? will there be any signs?

thanks heaps

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/3/15100 Posts in a week
    Bub's usually fairly well protected in there but if you're really worried I'd suggest giving the health line a call.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I fell flat on my stomach at 31 weeks playing touch footy with the kids at school I called to one of the kids to pass me the ball and ran the opposite direction and scored and fell flat

The hospital checked baby for 30mins and all was grand

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you're worried then get checked for peace of mind, however keep in mind that the baby is cocooned in the world's best shock absorbing system, and it would take a lot for bub to get hurt (it's the way nature made it). I have also read that mum's should only be worried about accidents/falls if the incident actually lands you in hospital. If not, then it's nothing to be concerned about

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 5/2/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 31/10/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 24/10/14Busiest Member of the Week
    Quote Originally Posted by beetlemama View Post
    If you're worried then get checked for peace of mind, however keep in mind that the baby is cocooned in the world's best shock absorbing system, and it would take a lot for bub to get hurt (it's the way nature made it). I have also read that mum's should only be worried about accidents/falls if the incident actually lands you in hospital. If not, then it's nothing to be concerned about

Shortiii is offline Baby H v2.0 - Anticipating April release
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beetlemama View Post

I had a high impact car crash at 21weeks when someone ran into us doing 100km/h.
    I was hysterical for a good hour til I got to see bub in the ER on an ultrasound....
    Turns out bub had hiccups. and I had whiplash.

They werent worried about bubba at all much. Mainly me, if I had a fractured spine.
    The OB says I could pretty much be hit with a sledgehammer in the tummy and bubba would still be fine.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would give the healthline a call if you are worried. I had an entire patient trolley with a 100kg+ patient on it fall on me and pin me against a wall by my abdomen when I was 25 weeks with DD1 and I was totally black and blue. My Ob said DD probably thought "what was that little bump". The bigger issue is apparently how stressed you get and how your body reacts. Call the healthline for peace of mind though. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi,

I slipped and fell when i was around i think 25weeks i was stressing so i just went to my gp the next day or if you ar still worried then go to your local hospy ring an ambulance if you can't get there.

I'd rather be safe than sorry but as others have said bubba is VERY well padded and I am sure it will all be fine.

Take Care...

Thanks
    Reviews
    thank you so much for the replies girls, im feeling a lot more reassured. My back is a little bruised and sore but my tummy is fine. If im sore in the morning i might go to the gp

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bubby would be fine, pregnant bellies have an anti-shock system. I fell over when I was less than 12 weeks in a shopping centre holding 2 heavy shopping bags (hubbie always said to get a trolley). My old boots where slippery. I hurt my back pretty bad and didn't know what to do afterwards, was in so much pain. Mum said not to get in bath tub but to apply ice to my back. It did help, but I used all the ice and didn't have any for my bad 1 1/2 hour nose bleed - thats another story.