+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 52 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKoala View Post
    kids will be back in school tomorrow. I can't wait. I am completely over the holidays. I've had them home nearly every day since I gave birth and I need some time without them to get things done. Horrible to say? maybe, but its hard doing this on my own with 3.

Vent over. Have a lovely evening everyone.
    MK - What you said just hit home for me, I forgot that you were doing this on your own and you are an amazing strong woman, it makes my issues seem so trivial... I shouldn't complain, I have DH at home for this month so I need to harden up.

Bambi - things are picking up with the J, you are right, the housework can wait, IKWYM re the pause button, if only we had one. I don't regret J at all but feel like I need to have some pre baby time and wished I had slept more in the past few weeks. I really thought she would be late or at least she was due today so thought I had some more time. I am recovering ok from the C Section but I can't drive for another 4 weeks or vacuum. I was a little worried when the obs said he tore my uterus so only C sections if I ever get pregnant again (last thing I am thinking of right now) I really miss being able to jump in the car and head to the shops. I need DH to take me everywhere and I end up sitting in the back with J like a european mama...

Nic - if things get to the point where I am a zombie (not far off it) I will try the dummy. I should sterilize the ones I had with the avent packs just in case. Where do you find the cherry ones??

MrsShe - I ordered the birth announcements, can't wait for them to arrive. Thanks for the link.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    MK- Massive massive hugs honey. You are an incredibly brave and strong woman to be doing this alone. . Nothing wrong with wanting school hols to be over, ours are just starting here and I'm a little looking fwd to them but mostly for selfish reasons (to have J home to entertain A, and also so I don't have to wake her to pick him up from school)....i'm sure in 2 weeks I'll feel the same. Hope you are able to have some daytime naps when they go back and have some mummy-daughter time.

Bosco- I just bought the cherry ones from woolies. They are just the standard ones that come in 3pks in pink/blue/white etc. I think they are latex and the silicone ones are meant to be safer but neither of my children would take them so latex it is. If you are BFing (but I think I read you were FFing?) it is recommended not to start dummies too early as it can cause nipple confusion. But if you are FFing I think it's OK, I started DS when he was a week or so and I don't remember it being too much effort to get him to stop.
    I hear you on wishing you had slept more the few weeks before! I feel the same, but its so hard when you are heavily preg and uncomfy! I know it feels like ages till you can drive but hopefully it will go quickly and you'll be driving before you know it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

Sorry for the long time between posts, things have been a little challenging here!

Firstly R has had really bad reflux, which Mylanta did nothing for, so he has been screaming in the middle and the end of his feeds. I really miss that milk drunk look!! Then last night, when DH was at work, I put R down for the night and 5 mins later I could hear him choking, so I ran up the hall and picked him up. It scared the life out of me! Then about 5 mins after that he brought up all of this brown mucous, like the colour of old blood. Then he continued to bring it up, so off to the Childrens Hospital we went! They said they think he is conjested, even though they could not hear anything on his chest, and they think the brown was blood from his reflux.

We have to give him saline up his nose, which I hate doing, but they said it should clear anything that is there.

Today he has been a lot better, and quite happy, but not sleeping much at all. At the moment, I am trying to put him down again, but getting up to go in and settle him ever couple of minutes. I hope we do not have that again, it was really scary.

I know what you mean about having some pre baby time again. I love my little man so much, but I do miss the old me. I kind of feel the old me does not exist anymore, and I am trying to work out who the new me is. I was not prepared before I hade him to feel this way.

Dummy - Well our little one has a dummy as well, it has been great. He also only likes the cheap ones. We tried the others, but he could not keep them in his mouth. We only give him the dummy for bed, and only if he wants it, which is about half the time. My mum says "he will not be doing it when he is 21, so if it works for you now and it is not hurting him, then go with it" - I think this is a good thought process, since there is so much pressure on mums.

MK - I think you are a super mum as well

Bosco - I know what you mean about it being overwhelming. I do not think anything can really prepare you for what hard work it all is, even though none of us would take it back. I really understand what you mean about being teary, overwhelmed and not being able to get anything done. Just focus on yourself and you precious little one, things do get easier. to you

MrsShe - I love the birth annoucements. I think I will order some as well.

Nic - Wow, A is a little wonder woman rolling over.

BB - My DH says I have "Super boobs" since R is stacking on the weight as well, so you must have yourself a great set too! Good work sweet!

WTK - hope you are doing well

Ok, I think the little man is asleep, so I am going to tuck myself into bed as well and try and get more sleep than last night. xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by smoore77 View Post
    Hi Girls,

Sorry for the long time between posts, things have been a little challenging here!

Firstly R has had really bad reflux, which Mylanta did nothing for, so he has been screaming in the middle and the end of his feeds. I really miss that milk drunk look!! Then last night, when DH was at work, I put R down for the night and 5 mins later I could hear him choking, so I ran up the hall and picked him up. It scared the life out of me! Then about 5 mins after that he brought up all of this brown mucous, like the colour of old blood. Then he continued to bring it up, so off to the Childrens Hospital we went! They said they think he is conjested, even though they could not hear anything on his chest, and they think the brown was blood from his reflux.

Wow Smoore - you poor thing, no wonder you were freaked out, I think I would have run down the street screaming. Poor little R, I am glad he is better today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Long time no speak, just wanted to check how everyone is doing...

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Doing good smoore. I'll be in later when i have two hands. How hot is it in brisbane today!!! yuck

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hope Kitz doesn't mind me posting but....
    congratulations on the safe arrival of Kiera Emily Hobbs 6lb 6oz born 8pm last night woo hoo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    YAY KITZ Welcome darling Kiera how exciting!!!! Only a tiny wee girl, can't wait to see photos

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    YAY KITZ!!!!! YOU DID IT!!! YOU HAVE A DAUGHTER!!!
    Welcome to the world Kiera!!
    Can't wait for the pics, will have to stalk your FB now until I see some!

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    awww kitz congrats sweety on the arrival of wee lil Kiera

argghhhh i tell ya ive had enough lol. Would be good for my home to go back to normal anytime soon. Since bubs been born i havent had 2 mins to myself. E was on school hols, then when he went back DSD arrived, we still have her til saturday. DH is still on hols til tuesday, then i have 3 days on my own til MIL turns up for 3 weeks
    Im starting to go crazy not being able to get the chance much to get on here, i miss my BH Im even thinking of buying a laptop to be able to get on more haha. I seem to be tied to the lounge feeding miss G most of the time lol.

Anywho...things are going well on my end. G has a cold she caught of DSD arghhh. She is getting better poor lil thing, the vaporiser is helping her alot. She is in a semi-sorta routine...wakes at 6am and feeds, another feed at 10am, 2pm, 6pm, then 11pm, 3am and again at 6am.
    Ive put away a few of her 0000 clothes this morning i cant believe she has shot out all of a sudden, more in her length tho more than weight, she isnt very much a chubby bub.
    We got pixie photos done a few weeks back and i picked them up this week...omg they are gorgeous!! i wish i could put them up on FB to show you all but i didnt buy the disk. One of the pics is just gorgeous, they asked me to sign a photo release of it so they could use it as there display model photo for the studio

I might try to scan some and pop them up.
    Anyway best go hang out the mountain of clothes. Take care all and hugs to bubs xo