+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
    MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good morning ladies,

MrsShe - so glad E is feeling a little better. I'm sure some one on one time where life doesn't change so much will be good for him. I actually went with XDP and the boys to see UP on Friday. I was worried about K's ears but she didn't seem to bothered by it. She did get fed while she was there though and I tried to cover her ears for the really loud bits. I certainly wouldn't take her to an action movie though.

Today I'm going to try and send out my birth announcements and get down to centrelink. I also need to find a Justice of the peace to noterise ID. Can anyone tell me if I need to have XDP's ID sent off too or is it just the parent sending the info? I'm going to call the justice dept to ask but thought maybe someone here knew, if I don't get around to it today.

K is starting to get into a routine during the day. We get up for the day at 8am and she is awake until 10 when she goes to sleep until 1pm. At around 3pm she goes down again. Problem is she doesn't like baths in the evening so I'm trying to figure out when I should wash her. Suggestions would be greatly appreciated. She's a little more fussy than Nicholas was, although I did wash him in the morning for the first few months. Maybe I should do that with her too?

Have a lovely day everyone

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good morning girls,

MK - I usually give J a bath at night and she actually enjoys it so that is strange. Maybe try the morning and hopefully K will start to enjoy the bath. I have no idea about the paperwork and what to do and I have sent in the birth certificate application, waiting now for copy so I can claim the BB to supplement my half pay. I am happy that K is in a predictable routine I am still .

Anyway, thought I would fill you all in on what happened and the how.

Tuesday the 15th, I hadn't felt bubs move much since morning and by the time it got to 9.30 pm panic set in ..I called the hospy and they told me to go in for monitoring. When I got there, I was having a lot of BH and didn't know that's what they were, I always thought it was bubs in a funny spot making my belly feel tight. I felt bad as she started moving heaps after two iced waters and my panic. I promised the midwife that I wouldn't go back again as I felt like a goose, she was great and said anytime.
    Wednesday the 16th, saw the obs in the arvo and he looked at the printout from the monitoring and asked if I had any bleeding. Thought that was bizarre but went home thinking everything was rosey. Still had 2 1/2 weeks til due date. 9.30 that night sitting on the sofa, sat up to get a biscuit and flood flood flood, I stood up and it looked like I had a bucket of water thrown at my pj's. Called DH out of the powder room and he came in excited, we are having a baby yay. Anyway, back at the hospy, contractions started they were not too bad but had a pethadene shot. The next morning they slowed and then stopped. The obs came in and said he would start oxytocin at noon when he had finished surgery. Started the oxytocin on the 17th around lunch time then by 4pm I was in back labour, the most horrid pains ever, I didn't even feel a rest between contractions. I was on gas and it wasn't helping. At 6pm I had an epidural then at 8pm was fully dilated and started to push. The obs came in to say the head was too high and off to the theatre to try forceps. Had a bigger boost of the epi to make sure I was ready for an emergency C section if needed. Anyway, felt horrible as my BP dropped to 90/60 so the obs tried the forcips for about 10 seconds and said sorry we need the emergency C. By this stage, bubs heart rate was lower around 120 and below. Anyway 9.07pm she was born by emergency C Section..... and that's my story.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello and welcome to the newcomers!

MrsShe- Glad the discs are working well. I don't use them as much anymore but find them really good if she's been a little rough and I'm sensitive. Good work on the feed today, hope it continues to not hurt for you!! Very proud of you as I know what you went through (like me) the first time. Hope that in a month or so you'll enjoy it as much as I am!
    The swing sounds wonderful, thinking of getting myself one when I go back to work, as I have a Medela Lactaset and its not that good.
    Glad things have settled a big with E too. J didn't too that much but I was a little worried at times that he was just holding back on how he felt. But now he loves singing and playing with her, and i'm sure E will too!

MK- you are so much more organised than I am! We still haven't sent out thank-you cards and DH is a graphic designer for goodness sake!! We never got around to sending any out for our wedding either! A hated baths the first week or so but now she loves them. Maybe K will get used to them too? The CHN suggested to us the evenings (we previously did it in the middle of the day) as it helps her settle for the night. Would she like a shower instead if she doesn't like baths?
    Well done on having some kind of routine in place. We still don't and A is almost 9 weeks! Really need to get my act together on it as she is soo hard to get to sleep in the day.

Bosco- What a dramatic birth story! for what you had to go through, but very glad that you and miss J made it through OK. How are you recovering now?

Not much to report here. Having serious sleep issues with A again, which is my fault as I was tired on the weekend and let her sleep next to me at boob height and feed all she liked. But paid for it on Sun night when she wanted to wake every hour for a snack. Hopefully starting to get back on track and have to teach her that I'm not a 24hr milk bar and there are rules now she is getting older. Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Things are ok Nic, still really teary for most of the day and just feel really overwhelmed still. I just think it is so hard to get anything done at the moment. I am hoping things will pick up. Sorry to hear about the snacks, J is the same.. she was up last night and wanted 70 ml then possit city so then an hour later she had 20 and an hour after that another 20 then finally asleep.

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    ok im back

G didnt so much like her baths either for the first week. She is settling into them really well now tho...we pop her in at around 5ish then i give her a massage with either moisturiser or j&j baby oil...the night time sleepy one. She's gotten really used to it now tho, and i guess will expect it every night lol
    My lil one seems to sleep all day lol. She feeds then sleeps and 4 hours later wakes and it all start again. She does have lil moments of awake time which are getting more each day but generally she is a really settled bub.

bosco for the tears...i was hit with that last friday. All the pains were still raw and G had a shocking day of being unsettled due to my terribly sore nipples and not giving her long enough feeds. Things are settled now tho. Hope the days get better for you.

I ordered some birth announcements this morning from a link MK gave me....they only cost $1 each cant wait to see them. ANyway im blabbering so i will leave and come back later when i have something more interesting to talk about....or can string a sentence together that actually makes sence

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsShe View Post
    ok im back

I ordered some birth announcements this morning from a link MK gave me....they only cost $1 each cant wait to see them. ANyway im blabbering so i will leave and come back later when i have something more interesting to talk about....or can string a sentence together that actually makes sence
    awesome. can you let me know the link if that's ok, I would love to order some for J.. xx

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bosco - you can see my birth announcement on my FB page, i just added it a few hours back. I will PM you the web addy too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello my lovelies, sorry have been MIA for a while, was having trouble finding a spare second to post.

MrsShe - yay for the lovely Miss G being a settled bub for you. 4 hourly feeds that young it amazing, X demands the boob (VERY loudly) every 2-3 hours during the day. I don't mind so much as he seems to only need one feed overnight.

Boscos -wow what a dramatic labour you had. So glad J arrived safe and sound. How are you feeling atm? When i first came home x wouldn't sleep and I was so emotional, I had a few days where I told Dh I had no idea what had posessed us to have a baby and could we please put him on pause while I sorted myself out It does get easier though. Are you recovering ok from the c section? I say stuff everything else and just concentrate on feeding bubs and sleeping. I am only just starting to get on top of the domestics now (and probably a pretty sloppy effort at that lol).

Nic- hope you have had some luck getting Miss A back into a nice sleeping pattern again. Actually, cancel that I just saw your FB status. Sending lots of and for tonight.

Mama - how did you go getting K to like her bath more?

AFM - all smooth sailing my end, X is feeding like a calf and has stacked on 1.8 kilos in the last 4 weeks. Eeek, he has gone from being the 60th percentile at birth to the 90th

Hi to all the lovelies I have missed, hope you are all doing well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Well I think I have solved our day sleep problem...I got a dummy for A and it is working brilliantly. I was very against the idea for a long time, we had tried the orthodontic ones and she just spat them out. Even though I used one with J, I knew it wasn't ideal for BFing and I didn't really think she needed one before. But now that she has one (we bought the cherry shaped cheap ones, she won't keep the others in) she is sleeping much better, and even though she was still waking every hour the first night I would just pop the dummy back in rather than let her feed for 5 mins and fall asleep on the breast and spend ages trying to wake and burp her. Still don't like the seeing her with a dummy in though but will try to keep it for nap times only!
    Hope everyone is having a great long weekend, we had some family and friends over last night for a BBQ/drinks. We used to do that sort of thing a lot but it's been a while. Was really nice, even if I do only get to have 1 glass of wine.

A seems to be very unsettled today though, not as interested in the boob since she has her dummy and isn't feeding for very long when she does feed. Not sure if it's just her starting to settle into a bit more of a pattern or if she's unwell?

I forgot to mention too, she has been rolling over for a week now!

Bambi- Go X, what a good weight gain!!

Bosco- honey, hope you are healing well. And don't worry about feeling like you can't get anything done, it's been 9 weeks here and I still feel like that..and i didn't even have a C/S! J is beautiful by the way!

MrsShe, MK, WTK and Smoore- Hope you guys are going well!

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Bambi - I bought a new tub and make sure I feed her on one side for 30 minutes before I attempt to bath her. Seems to have worked a treat and have had no more screaming fits in the water. YAY.

nic - glad you got A to settle a little more. If it works for now you can deal with the fall out later (weaning) because at least by then you'll have had a few months of decent sleep to give you strength.

kids will be back in school tomorrow. I can't wait. I am completely over the holidays. I've had them home nearly every day since I gave birth and I need some time without them to get things done. Horrible to say? maybe, but its hard doing this on my own with 3.

Vent over. Have a lovely evening everyone.