+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Rebdot is offline My beautiful boys!
    Winner 2010- The Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello ladies,

can I please join, we lost our little boy at 20 weeks in April and have since gotten pregnant

I always said I wouldn't stress about the same thing happening again as its rare but as it approaches the same time in our pregnancy that we lost our last baby I am starting to worry of the chance of it happening again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Rebdot you may even like to join us in here for pregnancy chat

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    OK, I will admit that this time around I am one of those people who love breastfeeding (well, most of the time)! I didn't to start with when I had sore nipples and attachment issues for about 3 weeks, but since then it has all been wonderful, other than the bouts of mastitis that is. Even when I had the mastitis I never thought about stopping (but when J was a bub thats why I gave up after a week) as I am enjoying it. I think mainly because i feel it's quite an achievement given the hard time I had first time round with it, but also I love that I am the one keeping her alive as WTK said and I love it when she comes off the boobie and gives me a half-asleep milky smile
    I used to find breastfeeding a big inconvenience as had to work around feeding etc...although i still haven't fed in public as such I often feed in my car if there is nowhere else available and i am now used to feeding around friends and family etc. I think that's made a big difference.

I was also one of those people who enjoyed giving birth (this time, definitely not last time), but I credit that to my Calmbirth classes and how wonderful DH was at the time. It was just such a wonderful experience for the both of us and was so exciting. I love remembering it, and wish I could have a million babies if they were all as smooth as that! But same thing, with DS it was horrible!!

Ahh...enough of my rambling! I think the weird weather has done something wacky to my moods. I'm feeling rather elated today. Maybe cause I had 6hrs sleep at once last night!!

Rebdot- Congrats on your pregnancy, at 20 weeks you are around the same stage as quite a few of the girls in the pregnancy chat, and it's nice to have people to chat to who have also had losses.

MrsShe- Yay for milk! I was very relieved when mine came in this time too (hated it when it came in for DS..I think I see a pattern ), hope you aren't too uncomfy and Grace is letting you get some rest. Not long now and she'll be rewarding you with those beautiful smiles!!!

Smoore- Not sure about the nipples thing? Mine aren't senstitive at all anymore unless she tries to clamp down or pull off without letting go. Could you have a crack somewhere or could it be the thrush? Are you using the hydrogel breast discs? I found them so so helpful when I had sore ones. Hope it gets better soon. You definitely aren't a freak for not liking BFing. I mean it's not like you don't like chocolate or something! Breastfeeding can hurt, it can also feel like a bit of an invasion of your own space and there are definitely times I want my own body to myself again so I think thats perfectly normal. Maybe call the ABA and have a chat?

WTK- Ewww...Carob Chips. I have thought about making the cookies too, but am worried that boosting my supply too much might cause another blocked duct? Or do you only have a few cookies and express and wait for it to settle again etc? Bah...I'm confusing myself.

MK- Loving the pics on FB! Kiara is adorable!!
    Glad you are recovering from the infection.

Bambi- Hope little X is behaving himself for you honey.

Ahh, feeling very energetic this morning (in case you can't tell from my rambly post!) I think it might be the sleep I had but also it's the first day since the weekend that I haven't still felt very drained and headachy from the mastitis. I feel wonderful!!
    I give it at least a few hours before I'm tired again!!
    Not much to reply for us really. A is sleeping at the moment, bout to get stuck into some housework...life is a lot less exciting than my mood!

Thanks
    Reviews
    GO NIC!!!!!! Feel that energy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Nic, you were really on a roll - isn't amazing what sleep does!!

Yeap, been checked by doc and lactation consultants and have no thrush or attachment issues, so they say I am probably just one of those women who are sensative and will have sore nipples the whole time - yippee for me!!

I do not mine feeding in public and have done it a number of times. I think the problem is my poor little boy has had thrush and has got over it, and now has terrible reflux, so he comes off the breast and screams, but also the sore nipples. I also find it hard that I feel very tied and I can't go out for a massage or anything, because you never know when he will need me.

On the other hand I love it because I am the one that is keeping him alive and he needs me. Also, he is sleeping thru the night, so I am scared to change anything, because I do not want that to change!

Has anyone here had stitches? I am having some trouble...

Our little boy had his injections today, I hate when they look at you in pain, but he recovered really quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Smoore- that sucks! Maybe you'll get lucky and they will stop hurting soon? x 1,000000.
    But yay for him sleeping through the night! I'm really hoping that A does at least 6 more hours tonight so I can feel half human tomorrow.
    Haven't had any stitches sorry, what is bothering you? Have you had your 6wk check yet? Big hugs to R on his injections, hope he has a settled few days following them.
    Can you go out for a massage on a weekend when your DH is home? A massage would only take half an hour to an hour and the boys could even stay around that time, or look in some shops or something. I think you should definitely consider it, you can feed him beforehand and pack some EBM if you are worried?

My elation didn't last too long and I'm ever so sleepy tonight. About to go jump in a nice warm bath for the second time in the last 8 weeks. I used to have one almost every night before bed!
    I'm a little excited tonight though as I am finally going to the hairdresser for a cut and colour/foils on friday. Haven't been since April as knew I could not sit in a chair for 3-4 hrs in the third trimester! So excited, though a little hesitant to leave bub with mum as it will be the longest I have ever left her.
    So funny the things that I get excited about these days!

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi again all, it feels like forever since ive been on BH. Lil miss G was taking up alot of time but now everything is starting to settle which is great.
    YAY for milk, mine has arrived and Gracie is loving it. Im feeling rather proud of myself this time around as i never got past day 2 feeding E due to shocking attatchment and cracked/blood blistered nipples. This time G's attatchment is bang on and everything is running smoothly....well kinda. ATM ive got a graze on the tip of both nipples...the home middy came out today and checked my attatchemnt which is fine, but she said it more like when G falls asleep at the breast she changes her sucking and uses my nipple like a dummy anyway, thank god for Nic letting me in on her secret a few weeks ago - i had a stash of the hydrogel breast disks and they have been my lifesaver along with lansinoh. Even mum commented this morning saying "thank god for nic mentioning about them to you"
    Te middy also said to try expressing for a day to let my nipples heal. I already had and was using the avent manual pump but i found it shocking! the pain was terrible and suction sucked lol it actually made them worse and even bleed. The middy recommended the medela swing so we went out today and bought one...omg they are wonderful!! money well spent for sure! its so soft to use i hardly feel it. Hopefully by tomorrow they will be healed and i can go back to feeding myself again. I guess its just the fist few weeks thats the hardest???

Question for those with older kids..
    I have noticed a change in E the past few days, esp today
    I know and was expecting him to change a lil bit, but being 7yrs i didnt think that bringing home a bub would have been so hard for him.
    He's been wanting attention alot more which is understandable and we've been trying to include him in as much as we can. And also trying to get out to the park and beach, but sometimes its just so damn hard to get out some days atm. Tonight he came out of his room crying saying his brain is telling him he doesnt want to be here anymore as he thinks we dont want him or love him anymore...omg that absolutely broke my heart i felt absolutely shocking. G takes up so much time and ive told him i DO love him and DO want him, he's said he now know we love him etc, but i also know its hard to get in that time with him.
    I hope he settles soon with it all, has anyone else noticed a change in their older kids?

Anyway ive blabbed on enough. I think its time to pump again...Moooooo lol.

Take care all, will pop back again soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Time to say hi girls. I am back and have come over to join you all on the dark side....

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Bosco - great to see you back! Can't wait to hear more about you and bub.

MrsShe - My boys have had to share the limelight for some time because they have half siblings and each other but I did explain to them that I would not have as much time for them in the first few months because the baby would take all my time. Is that something you explained to him before hand? I have my boys help me a lot with her. Maybe that would be something E would enjoy and make him feel more included. I ask them to bring me nappies, talk to her while I go potty and I'll ask them what they think she wants when she starts getting upset. They also help me bath her by holding the towel or even taking pictures. Hopefully he wont feel bad for too long and once G has settled in a little more he will realise that he is a very important part of her world.

Hi to everyone else. I hope you're all enjoying the GF weekend.

I'm at mum's doing laundry and using my new Netbook. It's so tiny and cute and really easy to use. K isn't sleeping too well in her stroller and keeps waking up. I'd really love a nap today but doesn't look like that's going to happen today. Hopefully I'll have enough time to get my birth announcements printed at Office Works on the way home.
    Last edited by MamaKoala; 26-09-2009 at 13:34. Reason: spelling

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    hi lovelies...

been along time between chats but its still early days here and we are all getting settled into routines now

MK - thanks for the advice. E has been much better lately, and the sillyness has settled. I have been including him much more too. DH has taken him to the movies now so he was looking forward to that.

Ive ended up having to use EBM in a bottle the past few days cause my nipples have been terribly sore, cracked and grazed. They have settled now and i fed her myself this morning with pain things are looking up! lol
    G has been fantastic. Woops...duty calls again, will pop back later.

Hope everyone is going along nicely xo