+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've graduated

Sooo happy to be here, going to need loads of advice methinks!

Moomum - yay for the first non-wind smile! I got my first wind smile today and thought that was pretty special

Nic- 6 weeks already, wow time has flown. Have you had luck getting A to sleep in her bassinet at night? Xavier will sleep in his all day no issue but at night he just wants to room in with us - I don't want to start bad habits but it's so hard to reason with a 5 day old

Smoore - At this point in time i can say in complete honesty the idea of special cuddles makes me run screaming for a chastity belt. I have nooooo idea how I'm going to get back on that wagon. I have stitches too, when will they stop hurting????? Xavier is a nightmare at night, hoping it's just a period of adjustment. Last night I think I got 3-4 hours sleep

MrsShe *seat warming applied* for you and Mama K, will be so luverly to be here together...

AFM - smitten smitten smitten with my lil boy, are these still the happy hormones hanging around? I can't seem to eat or sleep I'm just so distracted by staring at him

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Aww Bambi, things will get better with the sleeping. A was the same (the night we were in hospy I got less than 1.5hrs sleep all up!)...she would be really unsettled at night but now she is fairly good. She will feed at 11-12 and not wake till 4 or 5am. Starting to feel a little more like a human being. Well a human being crossed with a cow but thats better than nothing!
    Yay for the happy hormones! I was on a crazy endorphin high for about 5 days after A was born, started frantically cleaning and felt super energetic for about 3 days after too! Weird..maybe it was just hyperness from the lack of sleep!
    When you said X wants to 'room in with you' did you mean sleep in the bassinette in your room or sleep in your bed? A always wanted to sleep in our bed cuddled up with us (she still does sometimes). The CHN said while it isn't ideal if thats the only way you get to sleep take what you can! As for sleeping in your room in a bassinette, we still do that as it's recommended until they are a little older. A is finally sleeping (as of today..hope it continues) by herself in the basinette without me being in the room. Normally she only naps in the bouncer/sling/my arms during the daytime and it makes it hard to get anything done!
    I think for at least the first month or so babies just like/need to be held a lot and snuggled a lot to make them feel secure. I was worried about getting into bad habits too, but I think she just needed that closeness and is now coping a little better without us always holding her.
    If you have a sling you can try popping X in that at night and walking around the house a little to settle him? I have to do that some evenings.

Moo- Yay for D's first smile! I want a pic! A has been doing it for a while now, she cracks up laughing/gurgling when B tickles the corner of her mouth. She also seems to love smiling or laughing after she farts or poo's or vomits. Not much of a lady at all! She is too much of a chatterbox and will gurgle until she wears herself out. Must take after me in that regard...

Not much to report from us (other than what I laced in with personals above). DH and I are losing our evenings to Dexter- have only just started watching it so borrowed seasons 1-3 from a friend and we are hooked!
    I'm very excited, A has been asleep now for 1.5hrs which is her longest ever day sleep! Hope she still sleeps well tonight!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello
    I've just been reading through and interested to see everyones unique experiences so far!
    Congratulations Bambi on the birth of Xavier

Great to hear of smiles (Moo) and better sleeping (Nic) and I look forward to seeing you in here Mrs She

AFM - I had the worst chills and fever the other night and could hardly sleep. Got up to a rock hard sore and very red booby and yep you guessed it, I have mastitis Saw the doc, and thankfully I dont need AB's. Just need to feed, massage, heat and use cabbage leaves. I have yet to bring myself to use cabbage leaves. DD1 has been sick too.

I had a cry this morning because I could not find DD1's Birth Certificate and I need it to enrol her in school. I was so annoied at myself, but I ended up finding it - PHEEW!. I think I am just a bundle of negatives atm. p.s MIL is driving me crazy, even though I love her.

However, Sophie is doing great. She sleeps well at night and ok in the day. Actually, it takes me quite a while to settle her in the day and she will stay awake for ages if I let her!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nic and Moo Mum - You girls are making me feel bad that we have not DTD! Really nervous about it...

Nic - How did your 6 week check go? All good I hope. I know what you mean about feeling like a cow. I started to express some milk last night, because I am having major issues with my milk supply and wow, how much does that make you feel like a dairy cow!!!

Moo Mum - Rylan is giving us non wind smiles now, aren't they wonderful. He gave one to my mum today and I think she nearly burst with pride.

Bambi - Welcome sweet! So glad you are here. My stitches hurt on and off for about 4 weeks. I found if I did more than I should of (like pushing Rylans pram up a hill) then I paid for it with them hurting. I was told salt baths helped them healing, but never seemed to have the time to do that. I did take Panadol though when I needed them. I hope you are getting more sleep now?? Make sure you have naps during the day, that really helped me.

Zeal - You poor chicken! I hope you feel better really soon!

AFM - Things have been going pretty well for us, but they went a bit haywire 3 days ago. Feeding was great but then on one side my milk seemed to disappear and all appear on the other side. So I have one side with nothing and one side overflowing so much that my poor little fella can not cope. I went and saw the nurse today and have booked in for a Karitine home visit next week. At the moment I have to express after a feed on my left side, to try and encourage more milk on that side. On my right side I have to express 20-30ml before the feed to try to not drown my boy and also feed him more upright. it starts to work and stop the screaming!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Zeal- massive for the mastitis honey. Hopefully by now you are feeling all better. It's such a terrible thing to have... I had it with Jake and felt like death warmed up.

I'm another one who loves their MIL but is getting a little annoyed with her at times. She just seems to be dropping by more often unannounced to see bub. Usually when the house is a mess and bub is due for a feed and crying...I don't like 'surprise' visitors at the best of times though.

Smoore- Sorry for making you feel bad, didn't mean to! Haven't had my 6wk check up have it tues but it should be OK I think. This time I felt 'normal' the day after she was born...must be a 2nd baby thing as I had no stitches with J but still felt super tender for over a week.
    Very strange about your supply swapping sides. I didn't know it could do that! Hope its sorting itself out by now.

Not much from us, still pottering along. A had her CHN visit the other day and is now 5.47kg so has gained 800g in a month but only grown 1.5cm. Clearly takes after my side of the family!
    How is everyone coping when they think of the bubs they lost? Sometimes I look at A and wonder what Ethan would have been like at this age? I've been thinking of all the smiles he isn't here to give me and wondering what we'll tell her when she is older about him. Sometimes I feel a little silly wondering about him when I have a beautiful healthy bub in my arms. But Amaya just seems so happy to be alive at the moment and it makes me sad he never got to see the outside world IYKWIM? It'd not something I'm dwelling on by any means, just something that crosses my mind and makes me a little teary. I know without losing him I wouldn't have her, but I wish I could have both.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zeal, hope the cabbage and feeding etc kicked the mastitis. I'm petrified of getting it. Glad to hear Sophie is doing so well.

Smoore - Oh no! So sorry to hear things have gone a little lopsided at your place. I hope the expressing works and the Karitane visit helps. How annoying you have to wait until next week though.

Nic - sounds like Miss A is doing beautifully. X had put on 500 grams in one week last week, I'm a bit freaked out he is going to be a sumo wrestler climbing into my lap to feed by 3 months if he keeps that pace up Big to you, I can imagine it must bring up so many different emotions to look at DD and think of Ethan. I wish you could have both too.

AFM - happy to report little X man has settled down with his nocturnal antics. I switched to feeding just on the one side each feed and it instantly calmed him down. Now he loves his bassinet day or night and gives me at least 2 hour blocks of sleep at night. Thank the lord! I think he was getting too much foremilk and was colicky before.

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL Bambi! Poor Sumo wrestler X! I think the weight gain slows a little in the second month as I know A gained 400g in the after losing only 30g of her birthweight in the first week. But now she's slowed it right down and is gaining steadily but not like the massive gains of the first few weeks. I'm more worried that she sits at about 50% for her height and about 90% for her weight!! Not really 'worried' as such, I know it will all even out and I don't think u can overfeed a BF baby?
    Glad to hear X is settling better now. Nothing worse than when they want to snack all night!!
    Pretty soon he will be known as X1 and there will be an X2, X3 and possibly an X4!

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Izy can you please add me to the Graduation list?
    Kiara Marie was born on 14/09/2009.

I'm finally here!!!!

I'll have to do some reading back to catch up but I wanted to make my presence known LOL.
    MrsShe and Boscosmum shouldn't be far behind right?

So exciting. Anyway I have to go make food for children (and myself) even though we had a late lunch (2.30pm I think). I feel so tired this afternoon. Probably due to the shopping trip I made with mum for some stuff.

Be back later if I get the chance.

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay so the baby is sleeping a little longer than I would like but I refuse to wake her up. It is definitely going to be a long night tonight. But it will be my first. She's been sleeping pretty good for this week which is a blessing because I ended up back in hospital on Wed after my fantastic birth on Mon with Strep A in the form of a UTI. Was flooded with IV AB from wed to sat and finally got released yesterday morning. It feels so good to be home. I have 2 weeks of oral AB to take to get rid of it completely so that I have no more problems requiring hospital stays.
    My milk came in friday night so my boobs have been pretty sore but Kiara is doing perfectly with learning how to attach on them. She opens big and wide and I smash her face into my boob before she closes her mouth again.
    I tried on a nursing singlet and it was way too small so I went to Kmart for some new ones and I'm now a 12D in nursing singlets (I know they're a size small). It's a far cry from the 10AA I was when I started this journey. It looks like I just had breast surgery.
    I'm currently co-sleeping with K as it makes nights much easier for me and I find she settles really quickly. I would probably feel differently if I had a partner in my bed but since it's just the two of us and she's all of the size of a rolled up towel I have plenty of room even though I find I move less at night.

Zeal - ouch on the mastitis. I hope it clears up quickly.

Bambi - how's your precious boy doing?

Nic - A looks like she is thriving in your FB pics.

WTK - You look so so happy in your pics. How is your little girl doing?

smoore - I had no idea that your milk supply could be selective either. I hope the expressing gets them sorted.

MooMum - on the non-wind smile. I don't want to rush the baby part of K but I really do want to see her smile. I hope D's cold has cleared.

Well I think I'm about caught up.
    I'm going to check on the baby and then watch some TV. My boobs really need to nurse, they're getting very sore. She's usually up and feeding around this time but because I went out with mum she's been thrown out of whack. Oh well. One of the advantages of co-sleeping is that you can nod off while nursing

Have a lovely night everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all

Sorry I haven't posted in here for AGES, but with my August thread, fb, feeding, burping, bathing ... phew my life has changed forever! All is good in the house of Miss Penny. She had a few really cr@p nites last week but has settled down alot over the past few days. I've been using gripe water because I thought she had a touch of colic and it seems to have worked. Also have gone from giving her a bath every second day to making it her nightly routine. I make the water nice and toasty warm and let her kick around for about 15 mins, she uses up loads of energy that way. I'm lucky she just loves the bath.

I've made the lactation cookies and not only are they delish, I've been able to express almost 100mls every day. My DF works away, week on week off and so with him away this week, I'm stock piling my EBM so when he gets home he will do the early morning feed for me so I get to have a bit of a sleep in. I can't wait! I'll tell ya tho, doing this all by myself has been extremely hard, kudos to all the single Mums out there

Hopefully I will be back in here on a more regular basis