+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 52 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast
    TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey guys just letting you know I will be awol again for the next 48hrs. Livvy is being readmitted again. Did it 3 times in 15mins last night then again at 1am. So her paed called the head of NICU in Brissy for his thoughts. So back we go for 48hrs to be put back on caffine for a month to see if that stops it. Could end up with another trip back to Brissy for a sleep study at this stage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey TrulyBlessed, sorry, I'm not up with what's been happening with baby Olivia - I'm guessing some kind of not-breathing thing?? Sounds scary and awful. Hope little Livvy is okay (and you too of course!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh TB just saw ur post now. You must still be in hosp? Hope little miss O is doing better on the caffeine? Is it that bradycardia thing? Sending you and her lots of hugs to get through it, it must be so hard on you. Hope the new dr can possibly shed some light on it for you. Anyway brave mummy big hugs for you!! You deserve a medal for all the time you hv spent in and out of hospitals

Em
    Xx

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We were only aware of the apneas until they've had her on the monitors yesterday. But yep she is also having the odd Brady as well. Her paed is back tomorrow so will see where to from there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    TB - oh no that's not great, hope O is doing better today and that they get to the bottom of the problem.

Hi to everyone else, for once I've managed to get the laptop out and log on and loving the new icons.....lol!!! Loving this one too..

xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

I have been reading along but not posting.

Sorry I have been so busy getting everything ready for christmas. Shopping & wrapping presents and having a baby around makes it take 1000 times longer LOL

TB - hope everything is ok with O big and keep us updated.

Una - how are you? How cool are the icons. I love the one as well.

BB000 - How is everything going with you and bubs? How crazy is this weather we are having in SA. So glad the heat is finally here.

Izy - Happy birthday for X for yesterday. And huge for 2 years yesterday for Phil & Chook.

Em - How is everything settling in now? You need to update your tickers in your sig now your DD is here.

LYTTE - Hi, how are you?

AFM - J is going really well. He will be 8 weeks on Wednesday and on Thursday we are going to have his 8 week needles & check up. We missed having the 6 week check due to being busy and bad weather etc.
    He is sleeping thru the night and has been for about 2-3weeks now. He goes down around 10:30pm and then wakes as early as 5:30am or as late as 7:30-8am.
    Almost finished all our xmas shopping. 1 more layby to pick up and a few more presents to wrap.

Will try and post more often now & keep up with everything.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, just hopping on here quick for a chat while DH is minding little Miss I in her bouncer. I have a feeling this is going to become a "me me me" post so my apologies in advance! I will try do personals first:

FF - I updated my ticker for you! Had forgotten how LOL. Have also seemingly forgotten how to brush my hair/look in a mirror once in a while! Caught sight of my reflection earlier and it ain't pretty. Good to hear J is going well, how did you go at his needles today? Was it very hard for you?

Una - can't believe Miss Z is 6 months already. Where does the time go! And Bec Master J being 4 months!!! Unbelievable.

TB - how are you? And how is Miss O? Been thinking of you!

Izy happy birthday for X for the other day, it would have been one of mixed emotions for you no doubt. Sending you for your twins, hope you got through it.

Okay that's about all I can see in here to reply to. I am a bit blank mentally in any case, still very very tired.

Don't even know if I posted that Miss I got nappy rash that turned into horrid thrush and we were up and down to docs and chemists to try fix it. Anyway it has almost cleared up but when the poppet was still crying and screaming after every poo I realised it was not just stinging on her bum when she went but actually hurting from the inside. We have realised she has a very upset belly and is in mega pain every time she has to burp/fart and her wind pains actually wake her up between feeds. The doctor assured me it isn't reflux and is just normal because she is prem her gut has to mature properly and that is why she is in pain. I have tried her on gripe water and infacol but still struggle to get all her wind up, she burps well but there seems to be so much wind in there! So anyway last night clever me thought I would cook a proper dinner and made spag bol but with heaps less garlic/onion than I normally would and had a few sips of DH's wine while eating tea (this was right after a feed of course). Anyway Miss I was in so much pain overnight she was literally screaming the house down from 2 til 4am and could not get comfy whichever way we tried her I had her on my chest which normally works a treat but she was still writhing in pain lifting her little head so high she can look me in the eyes. Now I don't think a 3 week old bub should be able to do that except that she is in so much pain she starts arching her back? She slept a bit this morning but again was so unsettled all evening she has only just gone to sleep now and that was after a good hour and a half of trying to burp her, laying her down and then when she starts crying again picking her up and burping her again. This of course doesn't leave much room for sleep inbetween 3 hourly feeds! Anyway so I now know to not eat onion, garlic, cabbage, broccoli, cauli, wine, fruit juice, too much dairy, etc etc etc etc all while their guts are maturing or they will get an upset stomach but just wanted to ask if anyone else on here had similar experiences? Or does she just have a very sensitive tum? (DH has a bad tummy, borderline irritable bowel syndrome) we have the crib up on phonebooks too so her bed is elevated.

I would love to hear of someone whose bub was sensitive but has turned the corner now? Not meaning to sound selfish or anything but if I have to live on select steamed veggies and steamed rice I will be a very bored/cranky girl...

Okay I think that is all the ranting I am up for. Might try go to bed and sleep for an hour before her next feed...

Nighty night girls, look forward to any advice you can give me! This first bit is pretty tough but we're half way to 6 weeks now so things should start to look up soon. I am so hopelessly in love with this little girl I just feel terrible for hurting her by eating the wrong thing last night and making her feel worse than she already does. I honestly thought when you BF it is 100% right for their tum and causes no problems! How naive of me!

Em
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em it was heartbreaking seeing J have his needles. I had to go alone as our dog had surgery today and can't go outside so df had to stay home with him. He screamed and cried both times he got jabbed.
    He is fine now and had a feed and a play now laying in his bassinet quiet so I think he is asleep.
    Told df he has to do it next time.

Also first 2 times I had eggs it upset J badly. That was when he was 1.5 weeks old and 3 weeks old. I had them again since at 6 weeks and 8 weeks and he was fine.
    I didn't want to risk trying it to soon after 3 weeks so I had them at night around 6 weeks and he was fine the next day.
    So far that's the only thing that upset him.

Best check on J make sure he is ok and sleeping and better change his bum if he Is asleep.

Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh and Em Dd was 11 weeks prem and often had trouble with poos burping etc.
    We used gaviscon in her bottle with EBM. Not sure if you can give that a try?

Poor bubba. Big hugs for miss I.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hey everyone

Em - re: BFing and food. Chick peas, beans and corn seemed to give J really bad wind. He'd wake up in the middle of the night to try and let out some farts. I avoid eating too much of those foods but since he is older now (and can manage to fart all by himself lol) I'm trying to eat as normally as possible. We'd often have to sit him up with his legs scrunched up or 'bicycle' his legs in the morning to help him poo as well, but he definitely grew out of needing that. Have to admit though, he wasn't overly sensitive to many things.

fire - the needles are awful aren't they? I took J by myself for his first lot too and I shed a few tears myself at his screams, it was such a high-pitched squeal of pain, poor bubs

We have been receiving lots of Christmas gifts for our little man - too bad he is way too young to know what's going on!! We bought him a Bumbo seat yesterday because he loves to sit up. I don't think his head is quite strong enough to sit in there for very long yet but he'll get there. He's already started maneuvering himself around on the floor and he can *almost* roll onto his side from his back. I'm sure he'll be crawling in no time and I'll have to baby-proof the house!

He's also been really drooly lately Not sure if he has the sniffles or if the dreading teething is starting already. He certainly loves chomping on things at the moment, including my nipples!!

love to all the bubs.
    Bec