+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi TB - ok so as I mentioned Z is on Gina Fords routine, you can order the book online from Borders (The New Contented Little Baby Book). You need to read the begining chapters on Sleep and Feeding before you launch into the routines. You might also find them quite strict but stick with it for a couple of weeks and you should see results. Miss Z stayed on the early routines for a long time, but had since slowly caught up. Miss O will def be the same as she is premy. Hope this helps I know that my sanity has been saved by it (especially after DH had his car accident and I was looking after both of them!)

Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey ladies! Just hopping on to say good morning, FF see I am in the new thread! How is everyone? Well I hope?

Una I hope Z is over her illness? You said she had a temp?

Thee, Bek, Angel, Izy, and baby brain strikes me do I can't remember any other names....... Hi!

Tmrw it will hv bn a week since we've had Miss I home. I feel pretty good but hv a nasty slump every day around 5pm start to lose it get teary/stressed and unable to cope. Now tht we hv worked it out we just make sure no one is around at tht time and I am usually alright! Think it is just overtiredness.

Miss I doing great, putting in weight and feeding well. She even slept pretty good last night in her bassinet wt more than 3 hrs between each feed which is brilliant. Other nights I hvnt managed to get her to sleep in bassinet at all and she has only settled on my chest not ideal. Just a question, any other bf babies got runny poo/wet farts EVERY nappy change? She's got a bit of a rash on her bum and i'm sure it is from all the pooing! Poor little girl. The nurse said bf bubs normally hv unformed poos and a bit runny but I was wondering if it is meant to be every nappy change. Hope I am not eating anything to upset her tum

Okay ladies off I go, sorry for the me post this is all really new to me!

Em
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Knew I forgot someone! TB how are you feeling darl? Is miss O sleeping any better? I have heard good rungs about Gina Ford, I hope her methods work for you like they did for Una. I also got recommended (and bought but hvnt read lol) Save Our Sleep by Tizzie someone or other.... Must try read it see if it sheds any light!

Hope u r getting some rest.

Em
    Xx

PS Bek I had a slip from the post office to collect but had forgotten what it was, went there to find my copy of birth skills ready to read on m/leave. Hilarious! Think I kind of missed the boat on that one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Melameen View Post
    PS Bek I had a slip from the post office to collect but had forgotten what it was, went there to find my copy of birth skills ready to read on m/leave. Hilarious! Think I kind of missed the boat on that one
    You know, that did occur to me when you posted that Izzy was born... Oh well, maybe with the next one....! Been meaning to ask, did the doctors have any explanation of why you delivered so early and so quickly??

As for the poo question (yes, this is our lives now, talking about poo!), baby J pooed with almost every nappy change for about the first 12 weeks. Now he's gone down to about 2-3 poos a day. I've heard of other BF babies not doing a poo for days. So it's all normal.

The evenings were usually the worst for me too, even now it still gets a bit much at that time of the day as we've all had enough and are tired. I hope you're getting the opportunity to get lots of rest and not have to worry about cooking and stuff like that.

everyone else. J and hubby are soundly sleeping so I've had my breakfast and BubHub time and now I'm off to hang out the nappies....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Okay so who knew how time consuming your first weeks home are?! I have meant to get on nh every day to post photos etc and I am still no closer! Okay that was a quick feed better try settle madam again. She is doing well but has thrush on her bum which Is so painful and has developed refluxy symptoms which make me feel sorry for her!

Sorry girls too tired hv to try sleep hope you r all well

Emxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Melameen View Post
    Okay so who knew how time consuming your first weeks home are?! I have meant to get on nh every day to post photos etc and I am still no closer! Okay that was a quick feed better try settle madam again. She is doing well but has thrush on her bum which Is so painful and has developed refluxy symptoms which make me feel sorry for her!

Sorry girls too tired hv to try sleep hope you r all well

Emxxx
    Here's a hug to help you through. I was the same, I thought I'd be able to write out my birth story and post pics and updates but it was more like most of the time! You'll get there, you're doing great so far

Hey how about all the new smilies....

I love this one lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Bec! It is more exhausting than even I expected but still on As for your earlier question about why I went so early and quick. Because she was quite badly breech (her left foot was up at her face poor little sausage) she ended up kicking through the bag of waters. Which is funny because for ages I kept saying to DH "it feels like I am going to have a foot come out of my fanny any minute now"! Who knew just how right I was, pity every midwife/dr still said no she is head down!!! And the fact that I went into full blown labour with fully effaced cervix in less than an hour was something to do with my two D&C's in the past year, they think the drug they use to open your cervix for the op must have "irritated" my cervix so when it came to real labour it got going quicker... what fun. They actually don't think I will be able to have a VBAC because the bicornuate shape of my uterus is worse than originally thought and I will more than likely have another breech bubby or even the horns are meant to lessen the strength of your uterus and it's ability to push bubs out even if they present the right way round. So I might be up for another c/section, but a bit less dramatic this time around I hope!

Been to the doctor's this morning, my first outing driving which went okay didn't even feel my scar. Did any of you ladies on here have a c/section? How closely did you follow the "do nothing but lift your baby for 6 weeks" rule? Apologies if I have already asked ha ha I can't remember.

Anyway Doc prescribed a cream for persistent thrush for her bum, its actually intended for ladies to use but is safe for preg/babies. I have got to clean her with water and cotton wool (I was using flannels - did not know my washing machine could work this hard lol) and then smother this on and give her as much nappy free time as she will put up with. Hopefully should see major improvement in 24 hours which will hopefully mean more sleep. Poor little thing must be so uncomfy it is red raw and weeping I am so happy I made a dr's apt to get it seen to rather than waiting for the pharmacist's cream to start to work! She is currently fast asleep in her bassinet what a good girl.

Okay I think I am going to join the rest of the family and go to sleep! The dog, cat & bub are all passed out. I managed to change my avatar but haven't got the energy/brain power to fix my tickers so it says I am still nearly two weeks from popping! Ha ha ha.

Hope everyone is well, you can tell this is a thread where girls have less time on their hands there are a lot less posts! Cuddles to all the little bubs

Em
    xxx

hee hee these are too cute

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    EM!!!!!

You had your baby?!?!?! I am so far behind!

Congratulations! So so so happy for you!

:celebrate2:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LYTTE View Post
    EM!!!!!

You had your baby?!?!?! I am so far behind!

Congratulations! So so so happy for you!

:celebrate2:
    Hi lytte! How are you? And little miss W? Yes my bub decided to arrive 4 weeks early, she was breech. All good now tho loving being a mum but a bit exhausted by it all! I didn't even get a chance to start m/leave just got thrown into it a bit lol!

Okay I am in bed already DH is at his wrk Xmas party so I am having an early night. Hope Missy let's me have a bit of a sleep.

Emxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em your little girl is so gorgeous! My little man used to do that Superman pose as well!