+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 52 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls, time for me to join this thread I think.

DH&I were blessed with our daughter Isabelle 4 weeks early by emergency c/s last Monday. She spent a week in the special care nursery and was discharged yesterday so this is our second night home. She is perfect and healthy and feeds like a little champion which is why we got home early I think. Anyway even tho I know we are so lucky she is home already and doing well the whole week in hosp, combined wt popping before I even started m/leave and now sleep deprivation is starting to wear on me. I never dreamt I would hv a tiny premmie bub or tht I would need a caeser! Anyway sorry for the me post, I am sure it sounds garbled due to my lack of sleep! Hope to chat wt all of you more once things settle down and I make mote sense, take care everyone, Em xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey Em,

Glad your little premmie is now home with you.
    How much did she weigh?

J is sleeping pretty well now. Goes down at about 10:30pm and sleeps thru till 4:30-5am. It's been like this for a week now :-)

I can't believe he is 6 weeks tomorrow. It's gone so quickly. He is getting more adorable each day. And we are getting loads of smiles.

Hope everyone is well and the babes are behaving.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    yay, hi Em! Great to hear you have your little girl at home. Sounds like she is travelling well. The sleep thing does get easier - I found it best to do as little as possible apart from feeding bubs, so hubby and my mum really helped especially in those early weeks.

fire - good for your little man sleeping all the way through so young! (and good for you too!). The smiles are so rewarding, especially after all the hard work in those first few weeks. I found that just when I started to think I couldn't cope with it all for much longer, baby J started showing us he recognised us by smiling at his daddy and me

Thanks
    Reviews

Hi Em - glad to hear you are home and settling in well. Can't wait to see piccies!!

FF - i can't believe C is 6 weeks either!! It seems to have gone so quickly and i can't remember our lives without her. Most nights we get from 11 till about 4ish. Some times shorter some times longer.

BB000 - hi! Hope you and your little man are doing well.

Angel - welcome! How is Miss M now?

Una - How are the solids going?? She must be getting so big now!!

AFM - we are going well. DH went back to work last week so C and i are adjusting to just being the two of us. Silly thing is DH goes on holidays again next Wed till Boxing Day.
    Had our 6 week check up yesterday and all is good. Had to have a pap smear and the whopping cough vax - urggh! Dr also wants me to have a cat scan to check my pelvis to see if it was the reason bubs didn't engage. Otherwise all good.
    Am hoping some of you may be able to offer some words of wisdom...DH and i are supposed to go to the Bon Jovi concert on the 11th. We haven't really given C a bottle and now i am beginning to stress that she won't take it. I have expressed some today and when she wakes up, i will get DH to give it to her. Has anyone got any tips to make this a little easier? DH thinks we may have to cancel the concert cause he is worried she won't take the bottle. We are leaving her with ILs who have had 3 children so she should be fine but i can't help but worry! How old was your DD/DS when you first left them?? Do you think we should cancel the concert?? TIA

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thee - I wouldnt cancel it if you are really looking forward to it! I would just see how bubs goes with taking a bottle. If she completely refuses it then i wouldnt go but i think you will be fine!! Miss M has both and never bats an eyelid. As for how old bubs are to leave them, i havent left Miss M overnight and wont for a while yet but my sister took her for a few hours the other day to give me a break and get some sleep!! Not that i slept, i did my chores again!!! My sister has 2 kids herself so i felt safe and completely trusted her with M. I did miss her very much though!!! Hope all goes well, and glad to here the 6 week check up went well too!

FF - Yay for J pretty much sleeping through!! you must feel so much better getting more sleep! Miss M has always been a good sleeper, but isnt sleeping through the night yet. I usually get up once during the night to feed her and then around 7-8 for another feed!

Em - Welcome! Glad to here your little one is home and is doing very well! How are you adjusting to mummyhood?

BBOOO - How are you? How did the xmas tree go? Im usually not a big fan of xmas ( especially last year after losing blake a month before) but this year Miss M has made me excited. Its her 1st xmas!!

What are you ladies buying your little ones for xmas? Miss M will only be 6 weeks old so wont really know its xmas and is really too young for all the toys etc! Any idea's? I have a playmat thing for her on lay-buy ( the one they lay under and play with the toys) and have a few outfits and some baby stuff on laybuy too but thats it. I really dont know what else to get her?

Hope everyone is enjoying their week! Tomorrow im having a psychic reading with a very renowned psychic. I have been waiting 2 years to speak to him and they called me the other day saying there was a cancellation and did i want it! It wasnt cheap but im really excited. I just hope Blake comes through and my brothers and my friend. He was spot on with my mum a year back, so im really hoping he is really good with me. Ill update tomorrow and let you know. It comes at a good time with Blake's 1 year anniversary last week.

Miss M still has a cold, and it doesnt really seem to be getting any better. She is very sniffley. I have been using an aspirator to get the mucous out but it gets worse after she has a feed. She is also sneezing and choking during feeds as well. Im thinking of taking her to the drs as she has had it for nearly a week now and its not got any better. Other than that all is well with her, she is such a good baby. I am really loving motherhood!
    Last edited by angelblake; 01-12-2010 at 19:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey girls, thanks so much for the warm welcome! good to hear your bubs hv all settled down and sleep a but better. Ff Miss I weighed 2480g at birth so a premmie but not real tiny like TB's Miss O. She now weighs 2500g how cute. Bec good to hear J is being a good boy, Thee sounds like C is a good girl too! Angel thanks for the welcome, and I hope the psychic can get through to Blake for you. Hmmm hope I hvnt forgotten any personals. I am lying here wt I on my chest because she refuses to sleep in her bassinet. During the day she is an angel and sleeps the whole day but at night she ain't settle! She fights her wraps & generally stresses out completely! Any advice girls? I know letting them settle on you is a trap for later bcos she will always want it but I keep thinking she should be in me still not born so no wonder she gets a bit scared and wants love. Anyway hopefully she gets into a routine of sleeping at night soon and u start getting some rest, pretty tired most days! Okay then let mse try get her in bassinet agn his she is sleeping, got to wrap her first which in this hot weather is hard to judge! Em xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Em - welcome!!!! Even though it's a bit earlier than planned. Brilliant news that Miss I is home already and putting on weight. Ok, my experience of the sleep issue... Miss Z had her day and night mixed up when she wad born (quite common so I'm told), we were advised not to let her sleep too long during the day which will encorage her to sleep longer at night. We went down the routine route as the demand feeding wasn't working for either of us. Miss Z is on 'The Contented Little Baby' by Gina Ford, we started it when she was 2 weeks old. It's quite popular and Miss Z started sleeping through the night at 3 months and prior to that at about 4 weeks was only waking up once in the night.

It really worked for me but everyone is different and you my want to stick with demand feeding. But just wanted to share.

Ok got to go as Miss Z is not well and had Bern running a temp, so off to the Dr this morning.

I'll pop back in and do more personals later, love to you all.... Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    For us it was a case of demand feed and he got used to it, but every baby is different.

I have heard good things of that Gina Ford. Perhaps put an untuned radio on in her room at night so that there is a bit of white noise going on. Sometimes it's the silence at night that scares them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Morning ladies

Thee - we didn't give J a bottle until about 10 weeks and we've only done it twice as i haven't needed to (or felt the need) to be away from him long enough to miss a feed yet. The first time he took it fine but it took him a long time to drink it and he had this look on his face like 'what the hell is this??' The second one was much quicker as he kind of knew what to do with it. Just see how baby goes.

Em - I wouldn't worry about letting bubs settle on you, we did it a lot in the beginning and they're only that little for such a short time. What we did for helping establish day/night was have him sleep in his bassinette in the lounge room with daytime noises (talking, TV, etc) and tried not to let him sleep too long between feeds. If he had been sleeping for 2- 3 hours I would gently unwrap him and he would eventually wake himself. Then at night time we did all the feeds and changes with really low lighting and not much chat. Oh, and Izy's suggestion reminded me, we have a little teddy that plays 'womb sounds' and we took the speaker out of the teddy and put it at the top of his bassinette and turned it on each time we settled him at night. He figured it all out eventually . Baby I is still only little and I think you're right, they still need the warmth and comfort of the womb so if you feel you want to cuddle her, go ahead and cuddle her

Baby J slept for a massive 2.5 hours yesterday morning, which is unheard of at the moment as he usually only manages little 45 min naps. maybe he's turning a corner on day sleeps and I'll be able to get some things done around the house Our is still only partly decorated but I'm getting there.

xxx

TrulyBlessed is offline Winner 2009 - Member you would most like to meet in Real Life
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Una - could you give me some more info please. I'm desperate atm. Miss O has been sick & since we were at the hospital has now gotten day confused with night & I'm not coping on 2.5-3.5hrs of broken sleep at night.

Em - there may have been quite a bit of difference in the girls when they were first born but they now weigh the same. Miss O was weighed in the early hrs of Tues morn & was 2500g exactly. Doesn't matter how early babies are it is still a terrifying experience of not knowing how things will go. I remember how awful I felt when DD1 was born 5 weeks early. To me back then it was bad enough. The idea of your pregnancy hasn't come about we're supposed to start maternity leave before we have a baby & not the other way round. So to you.

to everyone else. Feeling pretty crappy atm & can't remember what else I was gonna write sorry.