+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My apologies, this thread wasn't showing as having any new posts (you know, when its bolded?) so I didn't notice it did!

Smoore- That is a great sleep! A has never done anymore then 4.5hrs at once..and the last week or so she's been feeding every 3 hours, even overnight! Glad you got in somewhere else, thats very strange having to wait till 6weeks! How is the BFing going?

Rach- I think I bought the wrong one, I bought one from woolies with an aspirator but the aspirator doesn't work that well. It's a bit hit and miss and I found myself using a cotton tip instead. Which the CHN told me not to do, but its actually smaller than the end on the aspirator, so meh!

Miss A had a terrible night last night and didn't go to sleep till after 3am. Very frustrating, and she has now been sleeping on B's chest for the last few hours so hopefully she sleeps well tonight.
    BFing is still going OK but I think I got lazy with attatchment last night and paid for it today as my nipples are looking grazed again.

Had a lovely back/neck/shoulder massage today so was nice to leave A at home with DH and get pampered for a bit. I even expressed some BM a few days ago so B fed that to her, but she still screamed till I came home.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi ladies!!

Sorry I haven't been in lately. I had a gorgeous baby boy on the 4t, Dash . We had to go to my Mum's after I had him and only came home a week ago due to extending our house. We've had builders, electricians, plumbers and aircon blokes everywhere! This week has been so hectic, sorting out carpets, bathrooms, blinds, beds AND a newborn and toddler to contend with!!!

We are all well. D eats, sleeps and poops and that's it! He is a great baby, he's putting on weight and is just so placid, completely different to DS1 so we are enjoying this experience a lot.

I hope you are all well. Congratulations to Nic, Zeal, WTK and Smoore (what a lovely day to have babies Smoore!!) I will be back for personals later. Izy I hope you are well hun.

to all.

letsbepositive is offline Please please pretty please can we have another baby
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Moo Mum

Sorry I've been stalking this thread (hope to be here next April!).

LBP
    xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello MOO!
    Not long now and the September ladies should be joining us!
    How is everyone doing>?
    We had another terrible evening with Amaya last night, she cried/screamed for almost 2 hrs straight and wouldn't have a bar of being put in her bassinette. I ended up sleeping on the couch with her on my chest till 4am then fed her and we went down to bed and she started crying again and had to sleep on DH chest till 8am. Now that he is back at work I'm a bit more conscious of her being noisy at night.
    Hoping to catch up on sleep today

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean Nic! Rylan last night was wake and screaming from about 6pm to 11.30pm - not fun at all.

He would be asleep on my chest and as soon as I put him down he would wake up and scream again. I was glad when DH got home from work at 10pm and he took over. He is now doing the same this morning.

I am also having troubles with my nipples. They are not cracked or grazed and attachment is still good, but they are feeling really tight, dry and like they are sunburnt, so we are off to the doc this arvo. Rylan is also coming off while I feed him and screaming, so I wonder if the two are linked.

Hope you girls are going well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aww Smoore. Amaya has been much better the last 3 nights and actually slept 5-6hrs at night (unfortunately the 6 hr stint was 8pm till 2:30 and I only slept 3hrs of that...but I'll take what I can!). Catch is though that she was wanting to be fed every 2 hrs in the day so thinking it was probably a growth spurt.
    Not sure on the nipple issue. Mine feel a little dry at times but have been rubbing Palmers nursing butter into them. Other than that I really liked using the Hydrogel Breast Discs in the early days. If you get pain when feeding could also be thrush?

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Start warming up a chair for me in here...hoping to join you all soon. But knowing my luck, lil Miss G will be overdue lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can;t wait to see you here MrsShe. I have everything crossed for a nice easy labour for you and Miss G to arrive safely into this world for lots of cuddles and kisses from her mum, dad and big brother.

Nic - Yeap, went to the doc and it was thrush, now we have drops that Rylan has to have and I also have to rub on. This means I can't express any milk, since I have to go into work for a meeting each Monday from next week. Oh well, Rylan will just have to come with me!!

Can I ask a personal question from you girls... has anyone had "special cuddles" with their DH yet? I had stitches and the whole thing scares me...

Hope you are all having a good day, I think I need a nap now since DH just got home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Smoore- to the cuddles. And a big to them as well! Didn't hurt at all but I didn't have stitches either...did have a very small tear though, but it hurt more when I DTD post DS's birth (4 mths later!) and only had a graze then? ATM we struggle to find a good time though!
    Hope the thrush is getting better!

*warms a chair for MrsShe***

Not much to report here. 6wk check on thurs and can't believe how quickly it's gone! Amaya has changed so much in this time and has a real little personality. I adore her, she is so perfect!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

LBP - thank you so much!!! Will be waiting for you in April but don't be shy in the meantime!!

Smoore - to your "special cuddles" you are very sweet! They have been had here too and all is well. I do understand your fear though as I had an episiotomy AND tore with DS1 and special cuddles were not had for a few months after. This time I had a small tear with a few stitches but we DTD at 3 weeks. Just go with how your body feels and you know what they say about slow and steady!!

MrsShe - consider your chair well and truly warmed and waiting!

Nic - Am LOVING Miss A's hair!!!

AFU - we are ok. D has a bit of a cold which is a concern. I spent a few hours holding him last night to get him to settle and must have been on a funny angle as this morning my neck is out! Will go and see someone in the morning. On a good note, I got my first non-wind smile from D today! Oh so beautiful!!!

Anyway, just a quick one from me. I'm off to play with DS1 for a while!

Hope everyone is well