ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No problem MrsShe - just need to get UTD now .

For those of you with more than one little munchkin, did you find AF returned about the same time with each? Did you use the same method of feeding?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    wow von ttc again already? I want to go for another but not yet. Mrsshe i'm happy to be another case-study if timing suits you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Von, I'm still waiting for this silly post partum bleed to stop...I think something sinister is still going on though.

But with DS it was 2 months for AF to return...I'm hoping it's not that long this time round. We wanna hop back on the TTC wagon!!

Thanks for the welcome MrsShe...and welcome back!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Izy - officially yes we have started , but I don't think anything will happen just yet - AF didn't return with DS1 until around 6 months when I introduced solids and I am guessing the same thing will happen this time unless BFing stops sooner for some unknown reason (I plan to feed for at least 12 months again).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    wow. 3 months and no sign of af despite x sleeping the night for over a month. Then again one of our dec girls is utd already and she had no af...

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    aww thanks MMM and Izy....hopefully i will be able to offer some extra help to you girls.

mmm - how did you go at the hospy today with hugo?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hello, remember me?
    Sorry for my slackness, like mrsShe just been super busy with everything! In fact have barely even looked at BH this last month! Back at work 3days/wk which sucks, but has to be done!

MrsShe- Do u have to work as a student midwife while studying or is it a different course? I have been thinking of doing middies also, but to do it through the hospital you have to work 0.8 and study at the uni 0.2 (but you get paid for it etc)...they do a mid-year intake but I just don't think I can commit to putting A in childcare or giving up feeding at the moment so maybe I might explore it for next year.
    Yay on the big sleep!! I wish A would sleep even half that time!

MMM- Glad to hear Hugo is well! He looks so cute in your av! As for AF.... well A is 8mths old tomorrow and still no sign of it despite solids etc. I read somewhere that feeding at night is more likely to delay the return of fertility etc which is why ppl get pregnant when their babies start sleeping through.

Dairyqueen- Welcome!

LYTTE- Willow looks SOOO much like you in your Av!!

MK- Breastpumps- I tried using the double electric Medela one on the maternity ward at work the other day and it was awful!!! Took me 30 minutes to get about 50mls out so now I just use my manual Avent Isis (and it's small enough I can do it one handed while I have tea at work) and can empty both sides (about 160mls or so) in 15 minutes.
    Having said that, she hardly touches the EBM bottles and drinks about 20mls of that! Last night I told DH to give her some formula as I didn't have any fresh EBM in the fridge and she slept so much better and only woke at 5ish for a feed then slept till 8. Which is lovely for a baby that normally wakes at 11pm, 2am, and 5am.... I'm thinking next time I work a morning (so have to get up at 5:45) I'll get him to do the same. I don't know why she won't drink EBM from the bottle but she will drink a bit of formula?

So that's all from us really. Amaya is so big now, 8mths tomorrow and has started pulling herself to standing position everywhere! She stands holding onto tables, chairs, anything really!

Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Gals...

Just dropping in to let you know I am back...have been in hospital again. Got admitted on Friday afternoon with severe mastitis and wasnt released til yesterday. It was a hellish couple of days with LOTS of tears (actually they started before the mastitis, due to excruciating pain when feeding - cracked nipples) but we have turned a corner. We made the very difficult decision to switch to formula feeding. We spent lots of time with a lactation consultant and she determined that the cause (likely) of the problem is that Bodhi doesnt open his mouth enough and despite about 2 hours of "training" she couldnt get him to! I was starting to become pretty miserable (dont want to rush in and use the "D" word, but was definitely heading that way) about the idea of breastfeeding (even though I was so keen in the beginning) and I already feel 100% happier now that I know I dont have to go through the agony again. I got some guilt tripping from some of the midwives, but most were very supportive and understanding. Now I have the difficult task of stopping my supply without developing mastitis again.

Anyway enough about me...

Breastpumps - well I got lots of practice over the weekend with the Medela electric pump in hospital and at the start of the weekend got a fair bit, but by yesterday was only getting about 30ml from each breast, despite them being full! Our hand pump (a Tommee Tippee Closer to Nature one) seems much more effective.

TTC Again - Wow! Von and LYTTE I am impressed that you are keen to start already!! Maybe I will change my mind in a few months time but am currently thinking an only child may not be so bad (hoping that is just clouded by a traumatic birth and first week!!)

Nic - I cant believe A is 8 months already...that seems to have gone so fast!!

mrsshe - sounds like things are going well with your course

Will try to stay updated now

XavysMummy is offline My boy Xavier...worth the 3.5yr wait...
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Ladies...
    Von-glad to hear Hugo is going well, how'd his weigh in go?
    Nic-so sorry to hear you ended up in hospy with mastitus....I hear you on the guilt trips from midwives on the BF front....I tried and tried but had no supply (when X was 2wks old I would get a total of 5mls per feed when expressing) and I was made to feel guilty even though it wasnt my fault.
    LYTTE-good luck with TTC again
    Lisa-sorry you're having a hard time with everything, I hope Dh is more supportive now
    Nic-hope you are making the transition back to the working world smoothly. Can't believe Amaya is 8mths now.....she's such a cutie.
    Xavy has a cold again...hopefully he copes with this OK so we don't end up back in hospital again....little darling has been asleep most of the day and had to be woken for a feed after going 5hrs with out one when he usually feeds 3hrly and then he only drank half his feed. he'll imprive next feed. On the plus side he was weighed yesterday and has put on 280gm in the past week and put on 340gm the 10 days previous so he is now 5.07kg, he was 3.99kg at birth so not a great weight gain overall but very good the last 2wks since he was discharged from RCH.
    to everyone I missed...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Good to hear from everyone, although it sounds like you've been through the wars Nic.

AFU all is well. X is a bit whingier than usual. Cries when hungry, cries when tired, cries when his teeth are bugging him, but he's generally easy to settle, and is still feeding well. He's even started having some naps during the day In fact he's asleep on the spare cot matress in the lounge room right now
    For once I'm waiting for him to get up so that I can go out to sunnybank and pick up some boys toys from freecycle for as Xavier grows. Might be some handy kitchen items in amoungst the lot too. I'll just have to offer up anything we can't use.

Kaz- so glad the name change went through You do realise that when you have your next one you'll have to change it again

Oh and it feels so good to be home. It's lovely to be around Mum and Dad, and X loves them, but it's so nice to be home. I don't know how my friend managed to raise her son in the family home with her parents and not go insane. I NEED my space to make parenting decisions on my own without thinking that they're watching everything.

MK- the cloth pads feel soooooo nice or sore boobs. I did have issues with absorbancy but I think it may have just been too big a letdown. Last night I expressed before going to sleep and had a much better night/morning. DH kept laughing cause I was sitting there with a bowl in my lap while we watched an old cartoon series in bed, and all he could hear was the milk spurting and hitting the bowl. It sounded so much like when you milk a cow we both ended up in hysterics.