ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 52 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    yep! It's very frutrating isn't it dairyqueen (love the name btw).
    With x born on the anniversary of the twins passing they can't get out of being told about x's 'gaurdian angels' though

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Welcome dairyqueen. I too love the name LOL.
    Yes it is frustrating. It's not even mentioned here. I had a missed miscarriage at 12 weeks and I get sad that my life would be so different if I hadn't lost that bub, but also happy that I have my Gorgeous little Kiara. It's sometimes hard to reconcile the two.

Nic255 - I hope you are healing well. I know it must be hard that you didn't have the waterbirth you had been hoping for. Heal well and when you're ready, we have a lovely spot for you here xo.

Izy - did you get the breastpads? How do they work? Has your supply slowed at all? I'm still working on expressing. One of the mum's in my birth group mentioned a tip I had never thought of and now it is so much easier and I get a lot more.

I hope everyone is doing well. I know a lot of us have returned to work or had other dramas with bubs. Thinking of you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    they arrived the other day. Haven't tried them yet. Can't wait too.
    Mk do you have an electric pump? I've been finding lately that i can express at a similar rate manual to with the pump. It's just less messy with the pump and i can do it one handed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nope I have a Isis manual. It does the job for now. And I'm scared of the noise the electic one will make when I go to work.

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi guys sorry i again havent been in here what seems to be forever..things have been so full on with uni lately - but im getting on top of it all now so will make more of an effort in here.

Congrats on all the new lil bubs - Mini Nic, LYTTE, and welcome dairyqueen.

AFU - Gracie is going well...weighing in at 7.6kg at last weigh in last week, not too sure what length she is, might head up there this week sometime and check that out. She's been teething like mad and we now have 2 toothie pegs. Shes eating like a lil champion too. We are still on 4 bottle feeds per day at 150mls and eating 3 meals per day with that - love weet-bix for brekkie (hates farex, cereals etc) Avo and banana n pear for lunch (hates the fruits in jars, pouches etc) and usually vegies n meat at night. Since giving her the solids at night she sleeps from 6.30pm through to about 5.50-6am - we dont do the feed at 9/10pm anymore
    She's chatting away - bub and mum, so cute! still no crawling here but she does manouvere around somehow lol.

Ethan's going well - not much to report on him, still doing karate, doing well at school.

Uni is FULL ON...hence why ive been finding it hard to get a spare 5 mins to get in here...ive mainly just been reading up on FB everyones status' to keep in the loop - but i miss you all so much, just hope you all understand that i havent left you - just some times it gets real hard.
    Ive completed most of my assignments so far, i still have one more to do which is on my philosophy as a midwife, but i should be able to knock that one over pretty quick. Ive had one exam so far and aced it at 100% im stoked - hopefully it will continue to follow suit.
    I hit the wall a few weeks ago tho - most of the time during the week i research for my assignments, do my readings and activites etc and on sundays i sit down all day to write out my assignments. During the week i just cant do that cause DH is at work and G doesnt let me do too much so basically i have a wondow of an hour to get as much stuff done when shes asleep. Anyway this particular sunday i was writting it up and DH chucked the poo's towards the end of the day cause G was screaming and unsettled (teething) and he couldnt seem to calm her down - which is prob due to the fact that he was so damn uptight anyway, he goes on his tangent saying that i shouldnt be in the room doing my assignment, i should be dealing with G and doing the housework (there was a pile of clothes i hadnt folded yet) He goes on to say that being the mum i should be dealing with G and i can only do my uni work at night when the kids are in bed - couldnt bluddy believe what i was hearing, he was the one that wanted me to do this course and now here he was chucking a darky over the fact he couldnt settle his own child. I was so damn mad - and contemplated leaving uni as i felt like i had no support - which i need if i want to get through.
    Anyway - the next day when he got home from work he appologised and said that it was totally uncalled for blah blah...hes been ok since then but i havent had to do any assignments on the weekend lol. I just really hope things will fall into their place with juggling uni, assignments, family...i guess things will get better as we get settled into a routine and G gets older. I really want to do well and finish it - i love it so much. Rant over lol.

Last night i met up with some of the lovely brissie mummies and we had dinner - was really nice to go out and have a good chat with everyone without the bubs. And today we met up in the park near the city - had such a great day and the guys enjoyed a game of cricket with the kids - ive popped some pics on FB if anyone is interested.

Oh G got baptised a few weeks back, was really nice however the cake was terrible. The icing was literally falling off the sides. I emailed her and she gave me most of the money back so i guess thats not too bad. I will email pics of that too tomorrow - just need ot remember lol.

i think that about covers it all....I PROMISE i will be here more often now. Dh bought me a laptop so i can sit on the lounge now and get my BH fix - makes it so much easier...

Take care and chat soon

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tehehe MrsShe - welcome back. We missed you. Definitely don't give up on Uni. You have been working so hard. Make sure DH gives you the support you need and don't let his remarks get to you. You are doing a fab job.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awww thanks heaps MK

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    i agree with mk mrs she. I secondthe welcome back too.
    Mk you're welcome to borrow my electric pump for a week if you like. It's a dual pump but i only have one funnel (the other is somewhere in this house). You can get the 'kit' to attach from the chemist up the road though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Evening lovelies

DairyQueen - welcome and congrats on a healthy little bubba. I've had 5 miscarriages (all before the 12 week mark) and they are definitely not acknowledged by anyone. It used to annoy me, but I now tell myself that it really is something that is hard to understand if you haven't gone through it, and people just don't know what to say.

Kaz - hope X is all healthy now and you can enjoy him at home. Good on him for the 6 hour sleeps at night.

MK - I have the avent isis and the medela swing. I get the same amount of milk in the same timeframe from both but prefer the electric pump as I can read a paper etc while just holding it to my boob. But I'd probably use the avent if I was expressing at work due to the noise issue (not that it is overly noisy) and using up batteries or having to find a power point with the electric.

MrsShe - I've missed a lot - how exciting studying midwifery. Sorry DH has been less than supportive recently. Sounds like he has realised how inappropriate his comments were. We have started TTC number three, so if I get pregnant and the timing is right you can use me as one of your case studies if you want. I think you'd be an awesome midwife.

AFU - Hugo is much better, although not 100% yet. We go back to the childrens hospital tomorrow to have his leg recasted, so I can weigh him - we saw family today and they noticed a big difference so hopefully he has regained his birth weight as he is 2.5 weeks. 4 days barely eating in hospital probably didn't help...

Thanks
    Reviews
    MMM - aww thanks hun for the offer...that would be awesome, over the course i need to find something like 17 follow-through's so that would be great...

great news to hear that Hugo has nearly regained his birth weight - good luck today at the hospy - will be thinking of you

thanks for the welcome back's girls!!