+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 52 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    Rach. great that you know why and have a strategy to try and correct things

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yeah, I actually feel really good knowing that when problems arise things can be done. I had a really great nurse yesterday who has been in the game for years and was full of great advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Zeal- OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!
    Your post made me wince in pain! Hope the football position works better for you! I tried A in that position the other day and it was great, particularly as I had a whole arm and hand free!
    Sorry you had such an awful night with her! A falls asleep in feeds too and the CHN suggested that maybe she isn't sleeping enough in the day so am now going to put her in her bassinette in the day for set sleeps rather than just holding her till she goes to sleep and then putting her in her bouncer in the loungeroom. Don't know if any of that would help for Sophie?
    I also wake her by changing her nappy halfway through as she's normally asleep by then. Only catch is that she then vomits because I've laid her down.
    She vomits so much, last night she vomited her entire feed and then the two of us took a shower together since we were covered in it, and then she wanted more but she had already drained both sides..so I popped her back on but don't know if she really got anything?
    She has gained 400g in the last week though, so she is obviously keeping something down!

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG Nic 400g in the last week!!! I thought Soph was doing well, having gained 220g! You must have a huge appetite or lost some serious weight. I have almost lost my whole tummy and I am fitting in my jeans again.

Sophie has been pretty good most nights and sleeps in her bassinette all the time unless we go out. I was just miffed last night because she was doing two 4 hourly feeds for the past 2 nights in a row, then a shocker of a night after she stayed awake from 6.30am - 10.30 am feeding yesterday, then her day naps got all out of wack. Then this morning she was feeding from 8am- 12noon!!! It's ok though, I'm just having a whinge She is pretty good really - much better sleeper than DD1!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Haha, I wish I had lost some serious weight! I have lost most of my bub weight on the scales but still have a flabby tummy and massive boobs so nothing fits me! Really need to do some clothes shopping as I have nothing to wear!

I need to get serious about healthy eating and exercise as I have at least 20kg to lose. But can't blame that on bubba as it was there before!

No good about the cluster feeding at weird hours! Hope you managed to get some sleep and that you are better at daytime naps than I am! I always plan them but never quite get there!

Amaya has had a great day, although it feels a little odd as I haven't seen her much! Since the CHN visit she has had a sleep in the bassinette in our room till 2, feeding and awake time till 3 and now she's back in there asleep. It's pretty obvious to me now that she really wasn't sleeping enough before! So strange not having her out here with us though!
    DS had a shocker of a day at school ..having ongoing issues with him not listening to the teacher and today he decided he was going to make dog noises so he got sent out. I cannot understand what goes through that childs head. So he came home, did his homework straight away, had a quick dinner and DH has sent him to bed.
    On the upside, DHs work sent us a nice food hamper this afternoon. They sent a similar one from the same cafe when Ethan died. A big box with lasagne, quiche, jams, sauces and the like. Yummy!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wish I had big boobs lol! See, there you go, almost lost all of your baby weight on the scales! Just take into consideration that each boob containing milk could weigh about a kilo or 2 each

Ok, so 2 nights in a row now Sophie has slept a 6 hour , then a 4 hour stretch. but i'm not getting my hopes up with anything because they are always changing

Hey, at least your DS has an excuse for a little while with any changes in behaviour at school(big changes at home ).

Hope all the mummies are going well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just thought I would share: Sophie has had alot of dry mucous up her nose (most likely from our heating) which has hindered the breast feeding a little. But I bought a fess spray (saline nasal spray) for babies that comes with an aspirator. It works so well. You just moisten the mucous with the spray and suck out the boogers! And what a relief for my little girl!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Zeal- Where did you buy the spray from? I have regular fess which I bought to take into hospital with me in case I had a cold in labour ...since I was doing the Calmbirth thing it involved a lot of nose-breathing. Turns out I didn't use anything that I brought in my labour bag since it was a little quicker than I thought!
    Yay for little Sophie for the big sleeps! We are still having issues with Amaya not wanting to sleep in the day!! She's pretty good at night though, but still a maximum of 5hrs at once. 6 sounds lovely!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nic, I bought "fess for little noses" just at my local chemist

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,
    Well our little (or not so little) boy is 2 weeks old today. He is doing well, feeding lots! Our childcare visit could not come to visit us for at least 4 weeks, so I have run another area and will be taking him there next Tuesday. I could not beleive I would of had to of waited about 6 weeks for our 1-4 week check!!
    Anyway, Rylan had a good night last night and slept for 6 hours and 10 mins, which was wonderful, except I woke up painfully sore and full. Poor little guy had to cope with mummy very full when he finally woke up!
    Anyway, he is starting to stir now, so better go.
    Hope you are going well
    xx