ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISEMENT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
    Eco Goddess is offline Loving life under the Bodhi tree!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKoala View Post

*warms up seat for nic255* I can't believe her bub is almost here. So exciting.
    Thanks!!!!

Rebdot is offline My beautiful boys!
    Winner 2010- The Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Everyone.

Its been 2 weeks today and taken me alittle while to make it over to this thread

Lytte's finally had her baby! Shes so lucky she had such a quick labour!

Mine was 11 hours and 20 mins and absolutely horrible

Q- When my milk come in I had these giant rock hard boobies that were full of milk but they went away a few days ago and now they are soft and floppy with not nearly as much milk,

I was pumping at night so DP could feed Xander but since they have gone soft I havnt got enough to pump, Normal?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    100% normal! You will probably find it easier to pump in the mornings too, as your hormones overnight help stimulate extra milk.

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations and welcome Rebdot.

I agree - your boobs will make what bub needs so wont go rock hard often as you wont have a lot of extra. Keep in mind when you express for overnight feeds, any feeds you replace often will take a while to build back up.
    Drink plenty of water (about 2.5 litres) and Vitamin B enriched foods to keep supply up. Expressing gets easier over time. 15 minutes after a feed pump. Then over time you will make the extra and it wont take so much work.
    I prefer not to express because I'm lazy and it's pointless for me being alone. But I have to start now to store for when I return to work so having to drink extra water and steralise that bump (*yawn*). After the third baby I can finally express a decent amount

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jess - just wanted to pop in and wish you all the very best for the 12th. I'm not sure what the next week holds for me so thought I should drop in now. My baby's issues are mainly kidney related - the problem was picked up at the morph scan but generally resolves itself so we were more worried about his leg issues. Then at the routine 36 week scan they were severely dilated on both sides, distorting the pelvis and abdomen and the bladder was also abnormal. Got given some extremely bad news about not bringing a baby home etc, but this was from a high risk obstetrician. Finally saw the paed surgeon and he said that could be the case but more than likely not and he wouldn't need his first surgery until 2 weeks rather than 2 days. He'll also need surgery at 4 weekish and then on his leg around the 6 week mark.

I'm the next due to pop from the pregnant after miscarriage thread so might be time to start plumping the cushions on my seat. I think miniNic might beat me though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    grr, sitting in bed covered in milk. I've got it ********* down both sides of my body desoite the fact that x is attached to one. Guess it's to fast for him.
    I am so over all this milk. I just wish it would slow down a little

Rebdot is offline My beautiful boys!
    Winner 2010- The Funniest Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaKoala View Post
    Congratulations and welcome Rebdot.

I agree - your boobs will make what bub needs so wont go rock hard often as you wont have a lot of extra. Keep in mind when you express for overnight feeds, any feeds you replace often will take a while to build back up.
    Drink plenty of water (about 2.5 litres) and Vitamin B enriched foods to keep supply up. Expressing gets easier over time. 15 minutes after a feed pump. Then over time you will make the extra and it wont take so much work.
    I prefer not to express because I'm lazy and it's pointless for me being alone. But I have to start now to store for when I return to work so having to drink extra water and steralise that bump (*yawn*). After the third baby I can finally express a decent amount
    Iv stopped bothering trying to pump at night for alittle while as its too hard.

But since doing that my boobs have started to go hard at the sides again and sore by morning. OUCH!

I never BF or tried to BF with DD, so this is all new to me

Quote Originally Posted by mrmoosmum View Post
    I'm the next due to pop from the pregnant after miscarriage thread so might be time to start plumping the cushions on my seat. I think miniNic might beat me though.
    Aahhh how exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    100% normal! You will probably find it easier to pump in the mornings too, as your hormones overnight help stimulate extra milk.
    I have noticed in the mornings alot more seems to leak out? My side of the bed is full of patches were its leaked over night and dried

AFM- Im still waiting til the bleeding stops, grrr with DD and after DS it never lasted nearly this long, I thought this time it would be the same!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    Yep, I have two waterproof mattress protectors for our bed now. So that the mattress doesn't get wet from breastmilk.

I also use a towel that has been used that day and a baby sheet over it underneath my chest area for the unavoidable leakage. I sometimes try to sleep topless to let my nipples air/heal and wake up with dried milk everywhere. Sometimes it looks like toothpaste streaks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

So nice to hear about all the beautiful babies and I do get a little laugh about all the extra milk in here

MMM - thank you! I will be thinking about you too. I'm glad you the surgeon gave you more positive news- lots and lots of to you... I heard there is a special seat for you in here- apparently they are very comfy!

to everyone with bubs on the way.... it is just such a miracle - I still am amazed every time I look at DS...

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good evening ladies,

Just dropping in to warm up Moo's seat and fluff the pillows. I've been following all your updates Von and I am so pleased that the paed is giving you a little more hope than the OB did. I hope everything works out perfectly. Sending lots of healing vibes for your little boy. He is very much a fighter.

Izy - did you find someone to make you some Breastpads? Maybe aproach one of the WAHM who make them and ask for some custom made ones with extra thick padding for over night. Must be super annoying to always wake up wet. It only lasted a few weeks for me but seems like you have enough milk for everyones bubs in here.

Rebdot - how many weeks did it take to stop for you last time? I had bleeding and spotting for about 6 - 7 weeks. Those engorgement lumps are the worst aren't they? Wheat packs and warm showers in the morning helped me out alot too.

Jess - wishing your bubba all the best with surgery. I hope you have a great support network to help you through the waiting.

Might have to do a call out on FB to get the other mummas back in here.

K cut her first tooth the day after my last post. It's nice and sharp and she's tested out on my nipple a few times. OUCH.
    She's also using her legs and tummy to get around. Hasn't taken the plunge with her arms to do a full crawl but she can definitely get around the way she is. She's also starting to push up into sitting position. She can get about half way there. She's not very good at actually sitting up but she's getting there. I'm looking at how to baby proof the house because it definitely needs it. Hopefully she'll give me a month to get some money together to replace the open glass TV unit.
    No news on the food front. She's still 100% BF and doesn't show much interest in food. Maybe in a few weeks I'll try her again. I'll be doing Baby Led solids so mostly finger foods that she can feed herself.

That's all from me. Have a fantastic week with lots of baby cuddles and kisses.