+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 52 FirstFirst ... 16242526272836 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Von - I am praying for your little man - I don't have the words to explain.... I don't even know how to end that. Thinking of you...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all - my latest update after seeing the paed surgeon and urologist today. Sounds like I've been told the worst case scenario and although it could still be bad, the odds are fairly low. He still wants the paed on at birth to call him whatever time of the day etc and the baby will have some tests straight away, however from his experience I am likely to have a baby to BF and take home (or maybe just a couple of days later) and his first kidney surgery won't be until he's about 2 weeks with another a couple of weeks later. And likely that everything is fixable with time. And we'll be able to have his leg castings and surgery done alongside the kidney treatment - won't have to put it off.

JessLee - thanks - I know you are going through tough times with your little man too. Any updates on when his surgery is?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    good to hear von

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcoming Rebdot!!!! Congratulations!

Warming up a seat for Lytte......

Good evening/morning ladies,

It's been a while I know. K is doing great. She's learning how to crawl. Shes got the leg movements going but isn't confident enough to move her hands forward. So she sort of slides instead. So cute.
    I spoke to my Boss and while I was hesitant to go back at all, after talking to him about not having daycare until end of April he is still keen for me to come back so I have another month and will go back then.
    K wont take a bottle atm so I'm glad I have an extra month to get her to take one. I don't want to switch to formula so I'm going to start expressing like crazy. I'll be going back 3 days a week so hopefully I can maintain supply.

I hope everyone else is doing well and loving their babies to bits.

Time to get into bed. Got school run in the morning
    xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Von - that is so great to hear - I've been thinking about you so much!!! I tried to look back to find what the Dr's are concerned about with the little man? You don't have to repeat it if you dont want Sound like you will be very busy for a while - where will he have the surgeries at?? Sending you so many and lots of strength - will be thinking of you and checking in to hear about how damn beautiful he is! O is booked in for surgery on the 12 - 2 weeks away. He is doing ok - lost weight last week - he is only 5kgs- but a long little bugga! He is a happy little man - I hate the thought of surgery - but know we are so lucky to have the medical intervention available.

MK - your boss sounds great! Good luck with the expressing - I have been trying to get a bank going too - my freezer is full of EBM I read an article in a BF magazine the other day about giving EBM to bubs - saying that of a night our BM is designed to put bubs to sleep - so giving them EBM that was expressed in the morning might cause them to sleep worse if given at night! I was only thinking the other day that O always sleeps worse when I give him EBM of a night (I always express of a morning!) Not sure if its true or just coincidence - but interesting anyway!
    Last edited by OneMoreStep; 26-02-2010 at 14:45.

Thanks
    Reviews
    That is very interesting jess. I might do a bit of investigation this afternoon. I really do have to stop being lazy and get my act together regarding expressing. Even though I'll only be going back 2 full days and 1 half day I'll need to express during those times. I really hope I can find a bottle K will take. She's proving very hard to adapt in that department.

Today I'm going to do some crafts and clean my room. Got an easter project on and a felt food swap which is due on friday. It takes me about an hour to complete 1 cookie. I think I'm going to attach the frosting using the machine, which should cut my time in half. Just gotta find the right stitch.

Have a lovely lazy Sunday ladies. Sending strong efficient labour vibes to Lytte.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    well x used to take the bottle, but aparently this morning he was crying hysterically cause milk wouldn't come out when he licked it
    Me thinks he's being spoilt by my high power boobies

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL Izy. Do you give him random bottles? We try every friday at daycare with next to no luck. Most she's drank is 60 mls in 5 hours It's very distressing watching her starve. She's a 2-3 hourly feeder. But she'll drink out of a water bottle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    he was fine with the bottle. He'd taken over 200mls in one feed from the bottle... But for some reason he only wanted mum today. Poordaddy. Left with a hungry screaming baby that wouldn't take anything. He cried so hard he had tears.
    He's now been on the boob for over a half hour. Think i might have to take him off... He's sleep eating

Thanks
    Reviews
    Poor bubba. I hope he is a little more enthusiastic about it next time.
    K is teething. One has almost cut through. So cute. She's still not all that interested in food but wants my water whenever I pull it out. She throws up her hands and starts sticking out her tongue.

*warms up seat for nic255* I can't believe her bub is almost here. So exciting.

I'm going to try and get the rest of my felt food finished. Have a wonderful Sunday Izy.