+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 52 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Izy View Post
    no good mk. Hope k sleeps well and amazes you by taking the bottle soon.

Afm- Came home from hospital a few hours ago. Mastitis with a fever. My temp was 40... But it came quick, and went quick.they gave me panadine forte and neurofen while there, then ceflex to take home and continue on. It was terrble. The pain in the breasts i could handle... Not the fever. For two hours my teeth were non-stop chattering and i was shivering. Nasty
    Ouch Izy, I hope you are well and truly on the road to recovery now, sounds like you went through hell

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Good morning everyone.

I hope we're all relaxing this weekend.
    Sending fighting and healing vibes to all our little bubbas who are sick, and strength to all the mummies who need it.

I have some crafts to do today and I hope that the baby will allow it by having a nice big nap. She woke me up by squeeling and scratching my back (she doesn't like it when I'm not facing her in bed). She's happily playing on the floor now. I can't believe she's almost moving around. I'm really going to have to get on the boys about their teeny tiny toys now. Especially with the wool shag-pile rug we have in the lounge.

Have a chillaxing weekend everyone. I'll check in on monday to see if we've had any news from Von.

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Izy - so glad you're on the mend. I had a nasty infection after I had K and the fever is the worst (although I didn't really notice it at first because it was end of winter and I just thought it was a temp drop). Feel better soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    yeah, doing better. Had to go get checked out again last night cause i developed a rash. Apparently an allergic reaction to the antibiotics. Got a different script to fill now.
    Dh is also in hospy. He put a screwdriver through his hand. They opened it up in theatre this morning, but were happy to find only fluid and infection, no nerve damage. He should be coming home on kickarse antibiotics tonight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Glad you're feeling better Izy. Hopefully this is the only bout you get and the only bump in the BFing road. How is your DH's hand?

Von- Warming up your seat here honey. Sending lots of strong vibes to you and your bubsy.

BIG HELLO'S to everyone else

Not much from us- heading back to work in 3ish weeks and A has started to crawl and is saying Dad dad.. Growing too quickly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Ok, I am going to try and be better at posting!!!

BB – I am hating being back at work. I like the work, but I just hate being away from my little man. I work in the office on Mondays and my mum looks after R. Tuesday and Thursday I work from home and DH and mum take turn in looking after him. Tues and Thurs are good, because I can see him during the day. I just feel so guilty! I feel like it is my job to look after him and I and not doing it. Also, I miss him like crazy! I was hoping you would be moving to Sydney not Melbourne! When do you find out if the move is certain? Are you happy about the possibility of Melbourne?

Izy – Glad to hear you are getting the BF under control. What a good little X man with his sleeping. Let’s hope he keeps that up! I hope you are feeling better and that the mastitis is all gone – forever!

Mini Nic – So excited that you will be joining us soon. I wish you a wonderful labour! How exciting…

Von – I am so sorry to hear bubs is not well. I have everything crossed for a wonderful outcome for you. You are in my thoughts and prayers!

MK – Good luck when you speak to work. R hated the Avent bottles as well and the only ones that worked for him were the Medela slow teat, he would not even take the Medela Medium flow teat! How is little K going? I think I read on FB she was not well? I hope she is better soon!

Nic – So sorry you have to go back to work sweet. It was great to meet you and your beautiful kids a couple of weeks ago!

MrsShe – How is uni going sweet?

AFU – R’s reflux is still happening. We tried to wean him off the Zantac, but he had a flare up again, so he is back on 3 doses a day and it is good now. He is loving food! Makes me laugh as he mmmmm when he has a mouthful – very cute. I have had a very strange visitor this morning, AF! I woke up this morning and wondered why I felt so bad, now I know! I really did not miss this!

Love to all (including the lovely mums I have missed!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    so cute nic! How quick is she growing. I'm dreading going back to work myself.

Smoore i understand what you're saying about it being your job to look after bub.

Dh's surgery went well, and he's healing well too. Not looking forward to more dr's bills though.
    X is usually sleeping well bur yesterday was a shocker. Pretty sure it's just his teeth playing up again though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    When do u head back Izy? I'm lucky in that I'm only doing 3days/wk and 2 of those will be weekends so will only have to worry about outside kind of care for 4hrs (Mondays from 1pm when I leave for work till 5pm when B finishes). And my mum is free that day so she will babysit and pick up Jake from school etc. It will suck a little (ok, a lot) not having weekends with my family anymore, but I'm kind of used to it now as I've always done shift work and at least this way I don't need to worry about daycare etc.

Smoore- Was sooo so lovely meeting you too! I was reading through your post and picturing you actually saying those things (if that makes sense), was so fantastic to meet the adorable R as well!
    Glad AF showed up for you (after our discussion about how it had been a while!), hope she is treating you as kindly as she knows how.

Bambi- When do u move to Melb? We are probably having a July bubs meet up there sometime later in the year and it's about 4-5hrs from where I live so would love to catch up when we come down!

MrsShe is offline We've been blessed with an armful of Grace.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    hi girls...
    sorry for being absent for what seems to be forever...

von - im sending you all my love and strength honey, i pray that your lil man pulls through everything

soo much to catch up on

Gracie is doing really well, still only a lil thing. Shes 5 months today - ive tried her on solids a few times but she really isnt ready yet...she refuses everything i try to give her. Im not worried about it - ill jut try again in a few more weeks time.
    Im back at uni now...its so exciting, i love it. It really feels 'right' to me, obviously its my calling. I have been given credit for alot of the nursing subjects for this semester but unfortunately i cant pick up any extra subjects cause they dont offer it weird i know..so ill just poke along with my 2 subjects this semester.
    G is rolling around now, and shes just found her feet - i love it...just so cute.

G's baptism is next sunday..MIL is coming up for it, but only staying for the weekend. FIL isnt coming...blahh...thats another story he still hasnt even met G yet..im just so damn sick of his attitude.

I know this post is a bit over the place, but i will make more of an effort to get here more often to catch up on everyone..
    big hugs to you all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Izy - Glad DH is on the road to recovery!

Nic - AF was very nasty on the first day of her visit, but is ok now. Very strange after not having it for so long! No sign for you yet?

MrsShe - Glad to hear G is doing well. Sounds like you ahve found your niche with uni. I hope it works out wonderfully for you!

and to all of the other lovely mums and bubs!