+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 52 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsShe View Post
    Merry christmas to all my beautiful friends...i hope you all had a magical day xo

and a special Merry Christmas to my beautiful baby girl Sienna...im not too sure where i could write this i guess here is always a safe place...
    I really struggled with yesterday, even though we have G, i just cant believe how much it all affects me still. I just wish so much i could have her here with me. I feel like she is forgotten by my family already which really upsets me. Yesterday, my sister and SIL were counting how many grandchildren there are now. They counted 6.5, 6 being for my sisters 2 boys, E and G and my SIL's 2 kids plus the .5 being the bub in her tum (shes 13 weeks)...SIL said that her baby is fully developed now so thats why its counted. I just couldnt believe that they left Sienna out. She might not be here in person...but neither is the baby she is carrying yet, but she counted her bub and left sienna out. I got upset about it...then everyone looked down at me and got cranky that i was upset by it
    Sienna is always in our thoughts and counted in every way here, so don't feel that she isn't remembered.

As for little miss G, stop being a power puker for your mum. We found some teats were too fast for J, so we went back to the number 2 teat. Also the karicare thickener has worked a treat. The back arching and screaming during a feed sounds exactly like J when she had killer reflux. I really hope G is back to her happy self soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nic, thanks for the advice about the thrush. A has never had a bottle. DH tried to give her EBM once and she flat out refused it so screamed for an hour till I came home. Tried different teats/ bottles etc but she's a booby girl for sure!I'm using chemist medication called Nilstat. A has it orally and I rub a little on my nipples. I'm fine now but she still has a little(might help if I didn't forget to give it to her occasionally). Gee Nic, you certainly are on the go! I'm sure your nan will enjoy the visit.

She is now sleeping between 8-10hrs at night....bless her....
    DH goes to Sydney tomorrow for the rest of the week...here's hoping for an uneventful few days and nights thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

I will read and try and catch up a little better but seems everyone is going well and enjoying the miracle babies are!

Just wanted you to know O and I are still here! O needs open heart surgery - so I have been doing it a bit tough on the emotional front lately - hence not posting on here for AGES! He is failing to gain enough weight and is now in the failure to thrive category...although you wouldn't know it- he is so damn happy and active!!! Like your little darling Chook - O is a boobie or nothing baby! Even trying a supply line and he HATES it.... so unfortunately I am stressed again about the unkown... but I only have to look at him and his cheeky grin and he melts my heart - so so so so so so so beautiful!

Sorry it is all about me - I think about you all often. Do me a favour and give your little ones an extra cuddle tonight - just because you can!

to us all

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    hugs jesslee- I hope the surgery goes fabulously. :skywriter:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi all

I pop in here regularly to check my seat is still available although this thread seems pretty quiet.

JessLee - I just wanted to say how sorry I am that poor little mr O has to have open heart surgery. I have some idea of how tough you are doing things at the moment and really hope the surgery helps fix his failure to thrive as well. When they ran through DS2s abnormalities with us they pointed out that heart defects are fairly common (1 in 100 at scan level) and consequently there is a lot of knowledge out there to fix things. As the paed said to us, we are lucky we found out about DS2s kidney issues as the surgery will fix things hopefully once and for all. DS1 was also classed as failure to thrive as he didn't gain much weight from 3-5 months (10g). We never really found a solution - the paed and dietician put him on solids, formula and some high calorie stuff, but it didn't make a lot of difference. He's never going to be huge but is gaining weight and size no problems now. There is a heartbabies thread in here where you might find some support from people going through something similar to you. Thinking of you and wishing healthy speedy recovery thoughts for your little man.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jess - wishing you and O, a fantastic outcome from surgery and I am so sorry that you need to go through this. He is a gorgeous little guy and sounds as though he is one tough cookie.:skywriter:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jess - My love and thoughts are with you and your beautiful little man xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone.

Some background... my first pregnancy ended in a missed miscarriage in October 07. (We found out at a 9wk ultrasound that our baby had passed the week before.) My second pregnancy resulted in the birth of my DS in September 08. (He's nearly 17 months old and keeps me very busy lol.)

Anyway, it looks like I might be pregnant again. I've done several home tests and they've all come up with a line, albeit a faint one.

I'm thrilled that it's happened so fast - we've only been trying actively for the last month. But I'm also very, very scared. Scared that I could lose this little one. Scared about going through the whole "will we make it or won't we" process of pregnancy. To top it off, the delivery was not so good (emergency c/s where the anaethetist listed alll the different ways I could die). So now I'm starting to freak out that things could go badly again and I might leave my DH alone with two kids to raise.

I hope you don't mind me venting here. I really need to get it off my chest.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi Kas and congrats on your BFP!! I think this might be the thread you are after as this thread here is post-pregnancy IYKWIM? We will be sure to save you a seat here for later in the year though!!
    All the best with the pregnancy, I too had a missed m/c in 2008 at 19 weeks and went on to have my beautiful DD in July 09. It is a scary ride though and I think no matter how many times you do it post-loss it doesn't get any easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi ladies, happy brand shiny new year (ok, ok so it's a wee late lol) I think our thread got a touch derailed with holidays and the festive season etc, I miss you all though and hope to hear how you and your bubbas are all going.

Jess - I am thinking of you and O, and I have definately hugged X extra tight after your reminder. Do you have a timeline of dates for his surgery or is it a day by day approach? Sending lots of for you honey

Smoore- how is work going? Are you back full time? Do you have R in daycare? Hope it is all going well for you both

Shakermaker - love the new name! I think you are getting ready to go back to work in the next little while as well? Sucks that we can't cocoon with our babies forever lol. Is A getting any better with her sleeps? I hope so, I can only imagine what it would feel like to go to work after an average night.

MMM - your seat is most definately warmed and ready for lift off! You are so close now, are you feeling ok or hugely uncomfortable? I get all teary remembering how exciting it was to be at that stage of pg. Have you found a new house yet? I remember you would be in brissie by now I think.

Chook - my gosh A is a little legend sleeping 10 hours already! X lulled me into a false sense of security early on and slept through from 6 weeks to about 12 weeks. Since then he has been up 3 x a night the little brute. Lucky he is so cute or I might try and I trade him for a sleeping model lol

MrsShe & Mama - was so lovely to meet you both and your cutie patooty girls. They are so gorgeous. Mama did you have any luck with getting your work to agree to a later return date? Mrsshe how are the uni preps going?

Bosco - how is Miss J? And how are you? I think I read on FB that you haven't been well, I hope everything is ok now

Izy - how are you and Xavy (mark 2) going? Hope the b/f has settled right down for you.

AFU: am hoping we might be moving to Melbourne. It's probably a touch premature to be talking about it yet but I'm just so darn excited!! Is anyone here from Melbs? Smoore? Chook? Bosco? Jess?