+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 52 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just a quickie to pop in and wish everyone a Merry Xmas, hope all the new bubs had a lovely 1st Xmas. We just got back from Canberra today haven't been home since 11am Xmas day and were supposed to come back yesterday but SIL went into labour (9days overdue) and had a beautiful little girl, Elise last night so went to see them this morning before we came home.
    Will try to pop in and write more but just unpacking/washing and repacking for Perth. We leave on Wed for Albury and then to Melb on Thurs to fly out. So crazy this time of year!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    YAY for another little one in the family

For Xavier feeding... I think what makes it hardest is that we had the first week as bliss. He attached perfectly, drank well, no pain. It was all brilliant. He seems to remember that though and will only feed in football hold or traditional. He does have his head sideways so he can dribble out milk though.

Now he crushes my nipple a bit on attachment and doesn't take it as deep, but that's actually good, cause it's him attempting to regulate the flow and stop from being drowned. He's still not causing blisters or anything, but it's got a little bit of pain when he attaches. Settles in during the feed though. He'll also pull off about 4 or 5 times in a feed. When he does I have to sit him up and burp him, no matter how much he wants to lunge back on the breast.

Then there are the lovely dribble moments. He will sometimes seemingly decide letdown is too fast and simply sit there with mouth open letting the milk dribble all over the both of us till it's slowed down enough for him to want to drink

Oh well, he's already starting to cope better. Hopefully he'll be interested in the faster flow soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    oh, oh, oh.... Xavier was playing tonight

I lay him down in his cot for a second cause he was just so alert (he's normally in the bassinette) so that he could see a different perspective while I put batteries in the mobile we bought him.

I put a soft baby ball in there with him and he was batting it and making happy noises He even got a bit frustrated when he hit it too hard and couldn't see/reach it anymore.

I am so proud of my little man! It was so gorgeous to watch!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Merry belated xmas to everyone! In typical fashion for me I am so behind whats going on here.

Lisa, That was a terrible way for your family to act. Your beautiful girl will never be forgotten here. Your hair falling out is very normal. It tends to start around 3mths post birth and may seem like a huge amount but it's all the hair you didn't lose while pg. Has changing the bottles helped settle the feeding?If G is getting fussy after a burp, screaming and throwing herself backwards not wanting to bend....get her checked out for reflux.

Nic, congrats to your SIL. Hope A is behaving with all this travel!

Izy, you have a clever little boy there. It's these little things that are so memorable. Does X handle the feed better if you express a couple of mins before attaching? I have seen a lactation consultant with each of my kids for various reasons. Abby was the same as X in that she doesn't like taking my nipple as deep as she should. It indents the nipple a bit. The LC helped a bit in that we adjusted the attachment not only left or right on the nipple but the height as well(if that makes sense) by lowering her under the nipple a bit she was able to attach better which stopped her pulling off the nipple so often...hence less wind too.

AFM, well it seems a no go on the pg. Confirm brand still giving me faint pos but FR still nrg.(I trust FR more). I'm not disappointed but at the same time I was excited at the idea.
    I took A to her paed last Thurs. All went well but I need to get her left hip ultrasounded as she is not flexing it all the way out like the other one. He said it's either just muscle tightness or that the ball isn't sitting the socket correctly. Appt made for 4th Jan but then the paed is away till 27th Jan so won't get the results till then.
    On a good note, I got my GTT results and my sugar levels have returned to normal again. I see my OB tomorrow for my check up so will discuss everything with him then.

Anyway,
    Have a great new year we are just going to my sisters place with a few other families for a swim and bbq, I'll update when I can.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    whinge alert...
    Thats right x. Feed all night so i'm drained... Have about 500mls or so, and stop at 1.... Then only have maybe 60mls at 3 and nothing more...

MUMMY'S BOOBIES DO NOT THANK YOU!!!

MamaKoala is offline Happy Mummy of 2 Big Boys and a Baby Girl
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    How old is he now? I can send you Kiara's BubbaLog to show you how often she fed in the first 5 weeks - pretty much around the clock. Are you giving him EBM? After week 6 it does start to slow down. He's just doing HEAPS of growing. Especially since he was such a little bubba.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    He was three weeks yesterday.

Thanks so much for the thought MK but I'm not too worried about his growth. He was 3.4 kilo's on thursday (was 2.49 on diskcharge).

I have been put in contact with someone who wants my milk though, so am going to start collecting for her. It works great cause I've got a new plan.

I feed off the breast for almost all feeds. Only exception is after I have had a good sleep AKA when my boobs are so full that X is getting drowned.

After said situation I'll express to drain and put some in the bottle for X and store the rest for my recipient.

Both of us happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow it's quiet in here! I thought I'd be way behind, but seems everyone has been occupied!

Went to Tas for Christmas and New Year. K was outstanding on the flights. The poor guy sitting next to us on the way down said "oh, a baby" when he got on but at the end of the flight told us how well behaved she was! We stuck a dummy in her mouth at take off for the change in altitude (don't usually use dummies, so was a new experience) and she slept most of the way. In fact, on the way home, she slept from take off until we woke her getting off the plane! But this is a trial run for the UK... We're booked to go on the 26th of March for 3 weeks... EK! I guess we have to kiss goodbye to actually sleeping on the flight ourselves.

Izy - I was told that the initial pain on attachment is fine - it's just X extending the nipple. Should only last a minute or so and then settle down when you get letdown and his sucking slows. I found it settles down after a few more weeks and now I don't feel it at all. I'm quite envious of your quantity!

Well, against all odds, I'm still managing to BF + formula. While we were in Tas, K became fussy on the bottle - would drink ~30-40ml quickly and then refuse the rest (usually I'd have to stop her at 100ml). Very frustrating - she'd refuse the teat and sit there smiling and giggling at me. I ended up getting really worried as it kept happening and then on NYE she slept right through to 5am NYD and barely wet her nappy (there were just dark/orange stains) and I freaked. Would have taken her straight to a Dr if they had been open! She started weeing again and we've put it down to the heat. I had been looking forward to going to Tas to get out of Sydney's heat... Well, Sydney had lower temps and rain every day, while Tas got hotter and hotter. NYE was a very dry ~40C and the room K slept in was 34C when I put her to bed. Poor little thing.

She's still being funny with the bottle (loves the boob which is a bit sad as I'm hoping to wean). I'm not quite so worried now as I weighed her and she's still putting on >150g/week so perhaps she's getting more BM than I thought. She does seem to have reflux though - regurgitates a fair amount which is very frustrating at 2am when she does it in bed

Anyway, I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas and New year.
    x

Thanks
    Reviews
    BOO.....everyone seems to have a life....but me.....

Kitz, thats great G was so well behaved on the flight. Reflux is horrible. Caitlin had it bad. She was taking zantac before her feeds for a couple of months cos her oesophagus(sp) was raw from the acid with all the vomiting. Are you using a bunny rug tucked in under her head so all you have to change is that at night instead of the whole bed?

Just updating on Abby's hip scan. We had both U/S on Monday and glad that have been cleared of anything abnormal so assume just tight muscles. Will speak to her paed at the end of the month once he is back from hols but just glad nothing serious. You wouldn't even notice there was a difference unless you pulled both hips out at the same time. Even then it's so minimal(well in my eyes anyway).
    A friend of mine that has MS just rang to announce her little boys arrival. She has 2 girls same age as mine and this now completes her family. She has prev lost babies too so I am so overjoyed for her. He was 8lb 7oz and 2wks early!

I think A has oral thrush that has passed to my nipples...OUCH!!!! is all I can say! Must go to the chemist. My nipples sting and are red like newborn grazed. Looks like she has white in her mouth. Has been going on for nearly 2wks now but I only just clicked onto what it might be. Lansinoh wasn't helping me.

Ooh....she is so good sleeping at night. She was 9wks old yest and last night slept 9hrs solid!!!!!!slept from 10pm till 7.10am. Normal is 6-8hrs solid for her. Waiting for her to change this wonderful habit though and throw it in my face.

Hope everyone is travelling well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Chook- Glad the hip US went well! My sister had congenital hip dysplasia and it was missed until she was 8 weeks or so and she ended up in a big brace for years so we were very careful also with having DD checked!
    Ouchie on the thrush! Do u use Milton to sterilise bottles? If so that may be something that is causing it as it can kill off the natural flora in bubs mouth. Hope you get something that works for it.
    Yay for sleeping!! She still sleeps better than A most nights and A is almost 6 mths!!
    Sorry to hear about the BFN/BFP confusion. Have u been to the doc to ask? Have u had AF return?

Kitz- Yay for the plane trip, hope Tassie was great other than the heat! Yay for having booked UK flights! Maybe K is at the age where she can drink quite efficiently from the breast so is getting more than you thought? A can usually finish a side in 5 mins or so but will fuss over a bottle.

Izy- How wonderful that you are going to donate some BM! I remember the all night feeds well...definitely a growth spurt but hope it settles down soon! He must just love the boobies! The flow should slow a bit as the milk regulates to his milk intake. I'm not sure if you are going to be expressing and therefore producing quite a bit more if that will mean the flow will still be very quick though? Maybe contact the ABA for advice?

Hope everyone else is well. We got back from Perth yesterday and had a lovely lovely time there with MooMum and her family. Was great to see Amaya and Dash together! Very tired after our trip but we are off again next week to Sydney so DH can go to BDO (and I'm going to visit my nan with the kids, I chickened out on going!).
    A was pretty good on the flight, she didn't like landing and I know it is recommended to BF them at the time but kind of difficult in the infant lap-selt beat thing they have to wear?

Still BFing although A has solids in the evening in addition to BM. Tried to give her some formula when we were away after a few too many wines but she wasn't interested in more than about 50 mls and held off till the boobies were detoxed again! Still haven't seen a hint of AFs return even though she is almost 6 mths. Worried it will hurt when it does come back though!

A is sitting up alone now and trying hard to crawl bu lifting her chest off the floor and trying to get her bum in the air. Think her chubby thighs work against her though!